Quote Originally Posted by Magition View Post
    Hey guys,

So right now i've got all 5 set pieces heroic, but I also have Demon prices cowl(Hc 720) Ancient gorestaned wrap (mythic 725) and Pilotds pauldrons (mythic 720)

I raid with a holy pala every single week guaranteed, and sometimes two.

I was wondering if it is worth it for me to swap out the 4 set for these higher ilvl offpieces for raw stats over the 4 set.
    Just use Penance offensively like I do - I run with double holy paladins as well.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    And yous still run your 4 set then i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Magition View Post
    And yous still run your 4 set then i guess.
    Uh huh, a slight increase in ilvl on 2pcs isn't worth the drop of 4 pc, which accounts for 5% or more of my healing.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Uh huh, a slight increase in ilvl on 2pcs isn't worth the drop of 4 pc, which accounts for 5% or more of my healing.
    I can second this as I also run with double holy paladins. Currently i'm using the highest ilvl tier pieces I have with my off piece being the highest ilvl I have (currently my 631 chest).

Deleted
    Question about Discipline trinkets - which two should I equip?

Flickering Felspark
    Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia
    Demonic Phylactery

I was thinking Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia and Demonic Phylactery, however, Flickering Felspark isn't that bad all around either.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenor32 View Post

Flickering Felspark
    Demonic Phylactery

I was thinking Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia and Demonic Phylactery, however, Flickering Felspark isn't that bad all around either.

Thanks.
    Felspark if you need that bit more spirit, and DSI if you don't.

Use the felspark/DP on longer sustained healing fights like Gorefiend, otherwise use DSI and DP

Personally I prefer IG/DP on longer fights and DSI/DP on the shorter ones. I don't currently have a felspark, but is it worth getting?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daenor32 View Post

Flickering Felspark
    Demonic Phylactery

Thanks.
    My default would be Phylactery + felspark. This is also the combo I use for mythic progression.

For shorter fights, or farm I'd probably swap out felspark for insignia. It's going to give you more throughput overall at the expense of spirit (isn't needed on short fights anyway) however I'd still favour felspark for progression simply due to the random nature of DSI procs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Personally I prefer IG/DP on longer fights and DSI/DP on the shorter ones. I don't currently have a felspark, but is it worth getting?
    Personally I prefer felspark to IG. Your healing outside of the proc will be lower with IG than with felspark. However, IG does offer more spirit (and less haste) so it's definitely a good option if you have mana troubles. The on use could potentially push it ahead depending on the fight and your comp. Lining up IG with ring for something like gorefiends feast is very effective. I just prefer the consistency of having a 'stat stick'.

Well no felspark, but got mythic IG tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you guys think it's better to run Mind Bender with CoW to free up more GCD's for CoW's?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Well no felspark, but got mythic IG tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you guys think it's better to run Mind Bender with CoW to free up more GCD's for CoW's?
    With 4pc t18? No, you still save GCDs with solace, assuming you're still using AA.

Ah wasn't taking AA into consideration (didn't have my coffee yet).

Is there a way to check in warcraftlogs the amount of healing done by the T18 4pc Penance proc?

Yes, it will be the lower casts of the 2 penances in your log similar to mine here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrrie View Post
    Is there a way to check in warcraftlogs the amount of healing done by the T18 4pc Penance proc?
    It shows up as a separate penance spell. Heres a link to one of my logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=15

The first penance spell is the normal penance healing, and the second one that shows up is from the t18 4pc (this is actually a bad example cause it did pretty low healing on this fight QQ ).
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    My default would be Phylactery + felspark. This is also the combo I use for mythic progression.

For shorter fights, or farm I'd probably swap out felspark for insignia. It's going to give you more throughput overall at the expense of spirit (isn't needed on short fights anyway) however I'd still favour felspark for progression simply due to the random nature of DSI procs.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I prefer felspark to IG. Your healing outside of the proc will be lower with IG than with felspark. However, IG does offer more spirit (and less haste) so it's definitely a good option if you have mana troubles. The on use could potentially push it ahead depending on the fight and your comp. Lining up IG with ring for something like gorefiends feast is very effective. I just prefer the consistency of having a 'stat stick'.
    DSI's uptime hovers right around 30%, which isn't that bad, but the base mastery is the real reason we want it. I was swapping out between DSI and IG initially, but with careful play you don't need the extra spirit, even on the long fights. This is assuming you have Phylactery, which is pretty much a must-have for disc.

Int still outweighs mastery though, felspark just happens to have both static. The problem with DSI is the extra int could proc when you don't need it. However on the majority of fights there isn't really a bad time for it to proc, but there are ideal times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrose View Post
    DSI's uptime hovers right around 30%, which isn't that bad, but the base mastery is the real reason we want it. I was swapping out between DSI and IG initially, but with careful play you don't need the extra spirit, even on the long fights. This is assuming you have Phylactery, which is pretty much a must-have for disc.
    DSI does have a high uptime, which is why its very good. This is the reason why its generally our go-to throughput trinket. DSI vs IG (or FF) is really a moot point because for short fights or for throughput, you take DP and DSI. For longer fights when you need the extra spirit you take DP and IG or FF.

Sure you could also take DSI and DP for every fight, assuming you don't have too low of spirit as a result, to each their own I suppose. Personally I prefer to run with a higher spirit build, ~1750 for longer fights and ~1350 for shorter fights, and I do well with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrose View Post
    but the base mastery is the real reason we want it.
    Edit: Baseline healing for pws with M DSI w/ socket is only 100 more than M WF IG. So the baseline mastery of DSI is more or less counteracted by the static int on IG. Then it turns into would you rather have 350 spirit and crit on use or 500 int proc.
    Last edited by Pearl1717; 2015-09-16 at 09:43 PM.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted
    It also depends on your other gear.

For example you could take DSI + DP for pretty much everything and run full spirit elsewhere. But in terms of PP value you'll get more from using FF or IG and dropping spirit from neck+ring.
    When you've already dropped spirit from jewelry and still have excess mana then I'd say 100% go for DSI. If you want 'some' spirit though then I think running FF/IG is the first place to get it, before jewelry.

Given the choice of course.

I have both IG and socketed FF and I've grown to prefer IG. I prefer controlled burst over sustained hps during low raid damage phases that just leads to more overhealing for other healers. I also have a bit too much haste (~25% unbuffed with FF) so FF loses a bit of its value for me there.

I recently also dropped shadowmoon on weapon since it's impossible to go out of mana even on a 10 minute encounter.