Page 25 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You might just be seeing it hit the people in your group who happened to be standing around you.

If an enemy is targeted and you use any normal healing spell, they automatically go onto yourself but as with PoH, it heals the group you are in which means it will hit those people in range.

Deleted
    POH always used to work like that....LOL. It just didn't have the animation...

Deleted

Smile

There is something wrong, or peculiar (but it's probably a bug), with the algorithm that procs Surge of Light. For weeks now and very consistently I've noticed it procs much more frequently in a sequence (even if it's flash heal itself that does it 4 times in a row) when you start healing after a long pause. It can theoretically be "normal" since it's probably just an unknown Blizzard ICD, but it seems clearly unintended since who seriously wants 4-5 procs of that thing very early in a fight and then getting them scarcely?

It's also almost broken when it gets to AOE healing since it seems to just proc almost guaranteed sometimes. That doesn't seem very intended. It probably needs a proc that is much more frequent (and not extreme) on single target and not that extremely frequent on aoe healing sometimes.

Then again if we have huge mana issues soon, it might be unneeded to even care testing it.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2014-10-31 at 10:58 AM.

So, it seems atonement was stronger than it should have been in 6.0 and there should have been more fokus on HN and shields in Blizzard's eyes?

Deleted
    Is anyone using surge of light in beta? Or is mana so bad that we're going to have to use mindbender? Or maybe solace.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Is anyone using surge of light in beta? Or is mana so bad that we're going to have to use mindbender? Or maybe solace.
    SoL is a nice talent, but it feels a bit unreliable.
    Sometimes it has chainprocs and sometimes it has no procs for minutes on end.

Last edited by Mokal; 2014-10-31 at 10:29 PM.

So, since I'll reroll a priest for WoD, can someone tell me which stats will be the prio and which talents should I put? And which rotation do I need to use?
    Thanks in adavance and sorry for my poor english.
    Last edited by Myuer; 2014-11-01 at 12:58 AM.

Been a while since I posted, uni lyf n all. Anything interesting I should know?

Also, I actually got sick of pressing Holy Nova and I don't actually want to play disc at 100 if it stays this dull... Even though it will be less HN spammy and more PWS/CoW spammy, fuck its unengaging either way. I'm well aware its due to DA blanketing that its like this at the moment, and we won't have the crit at 100 (not this tier anyway) for DA blanketing to be a thing, so I get that we'll move into PWS and CoW spam, but the issue is still the same, that because these abilities have no interaction with anything (PWS has BT but its not quiet compelling enough yet), there's nothing to do but spam whatever is the best HPS, there's nothing the shift up our spell usage. Worse still, we won't even be able to use SS + PoH for obvious mana reasons, which for me at the moment has been the most entertaining thing to do (that and trying to find ways to out-pad other discs and hpallys).

Holy Nova really really needs some passive or proc so that we don't spam it so horribly. Something like when it heals 3+ people it increases the healing (or reduces mana or both) of the next PoH by 8% stacking 5 times. Or fuck, anything really. CoW needs it too imo.

On the topic of SoL, I found it pretty useful in 5mans on the beta. Disc has a reactive spot-healing problem, and having charges of instant flash heals is really helpful to combat it. Mana in 5mans is much less concerning, so the main consideration for me is that it makes them instant cast. Because it has charges and a pretty long duration, its not so unreliable as it would seem, you can usually refresh or use them before they fall off, and stacking twice means you can pool it instead of being compelled to use it immediately. Not proccing from PWS is still an issue though, but it does seem to proc more than it should from DS/Halo, so it can balance out (5mans don't really have the space to make cascade any better than the others imo, and DS seems to have a really insane proc rate on SoL).
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Getting shoe horned into absorbs and then getting punished for them being absorbs is getting old... especially since they solved all those proc problems ages ago, so them going back to broken now really doesn' shed a good light on disc's designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Getting shoe horned into absorbs and then getting punished for them being absorbs is getting old... especially since they solved all those proc problems ages ago, so them going back to broken now really doesn' shed a good light on disc's designers.
    Proc problems?
    if you're referring to PWS not procing SoL and DS/Halo overproccing it, I could be mistaken and it may have been fixed since last I tested it out, but I haven't seen anything about it being fixed.

Also, you make it sound like they actually had someone dedicated to designing disc :P
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    Also, you make it sound like they actually had someone dedicated to designing disc :P
    It certainly doesn't seem like they have someone specifically assigned - which just makes all of them responsible, it's a group efford after all. (And no cherry-picking, they get paid.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna leave this here for all you Discs. We did Ko'ragh in beta and here is our Disc Priest on it.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ght=4&source=2

Not sure why he/she casted smite so much. Pretty odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Gonna leave this here for all you Discs. We did Ko'ragh in beta and here is our Disc Priest on it.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ght=4&source=2
    What am I supposed to take from this? Am I missing something or is it actually just 'here are some random logs out of context?'

Deleted
    Should I get out of the habit of shamefully spamming Holy Nova? Will that be nerfed once I hit 100 -- therefore need to stop the muscle memory from happening now? This expansion is making me lazy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    What am I supposed to take from this? Am I missing something or is it actually just 'here are some random logs out of context?'
    Yeah, logs of that nature are pretty pointless. Why? Because "who are you and why are you supposed to be optimal in those logs"?

- - - Updated - - -

SoL not procing from pw:s is on the tooltip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffinissi View Post
    Should I get out of the habit of shamefully spamming Holy Nova? Will that be nerfed once I hit 100 -- therefore need to stop the muscle memory from happening now? This expansion is making me lazy!

Yes. It isn't all about holy nova at 100. But anyway its one reset left to go, doesn't matter what you do at this point since we'll be gearing up in heroics and you'll be doing more than holy nova, so you'll be used to it by the time we start raiding.

Deleted
    It makes you lazy? Do what I do. I stopped playing as much, I only do the necessary raiding.

This spec is very boring right now, even if it's easy. That's good in some hard fights.

The irony is holy is more fun now, but it still remains less interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    It makes you lazy? Do what I do. I stopped playing as much, I only do the necessary raiding.

This spec is very boring right now, even if it's easy. That's good in some hard fights.

The irony is holy is more fun now, but it still remains less interesting.
    There is a bug with holy at the moment that really should be fixed before WoD launches:

when using a SoL proc immediately after casting binding heal only grants 1 stack of serendipity (should be 2?)

https://twitter.com/appthehealer/sta...23918954762241