Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So, for those who are good at analyzing logs, I'm really trying to see the difference between Evry's rank #1 on Butcher and my own, apart from the duration of the fight.

Apparently I failed at stacking more evangelism and missed one archangel in my fight, but that doesn't explain 15k HPS more. Sure I had a holy paladin with absorbs in my group but still.

So what am I now seeing?

My Log <==> Evry's

Guess it's a strat thing, because I have weirdly 4% more overhealing.
    I had a suspicion when I saw your PW:S healing less per cast, and went to check armories.

You have half of Evry's Mastery stat. You also have a unnaturally huge amount of PW:S overheal, which means you are not picking the best targets to shield.

Finally, Evry also killed Butcher 1 minute faster than you.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Fair enough, the 4% more overhealing is obviously my selection of targets, the mastery vs crit could explain a but too, however the total healing is exactly the same amount except for the extra minute.

Last time I had this kind of issues I was coming back from my monk and I took me a while to find that I was not using divine star twice per archangel so I figure there is something like that with my EAA/PI usage, I'm not doing something right that makes the whole difference.

Because 15k HPS is a ton of healing.

Are you guys using PI on cooldown, coupling it with EAA or? I will analyse the logs a bit more, yesterday noticed a terrible uptime for Borrowed Time and I think I fixed it, I also need to work on my solace uptime to have maximum EAA usage.

Thanks for checking.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

You don't need to wait for 5 eva stacks to cast Archangel. The total contribution of the bonus healing is more-or-less neutral, but the EAA bonus (especially with more mastery) is pretty good.

7k of that ~15k HPS came from PW:S, which is likely just mastery + pumping more out with haste trinket, the rest came from an extra 1m DA healing.

Shorter fight makes a big difference, since I didn't run oom and get forced to throttle. I also used Shards of Nothing instead of 2 regen trinkets.

Makes sense. Thanks for checking. Out of curiosity though, what's a good situation to cast archangel under 5 stacks?
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Going to vary based on the fight. On butcher you can almost always cast a good EAA PoH on the group soaking, so using AA on cd is pretty good. On twins, you might be able to stack it higher between raid aoe mechanics. For example, quake: pop 3, 4 stack AA. PW:S blanket a group just as it starts. PoH another group. Cascade. PW:S people with that get a debuff. penance as necessary.

Deleted
    Guys there are my logs with the famous "Hasteonusetrinket" and I'm looking for your pro advices! MyHASTEUSERINKETlogs

Deleted
    So are we really just gonna have to stack spirit in every possible gear if possible? after checking mythic priests it seems that way, hell, they even use the cheapass shadowmoon enchant.

Makes sense I guess, my hps is always very high but mana problems always looms later on despite how retardedly efficient and high the output of pws/penance is

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's like 5 possible slots with spirit, so "stack every possible gear" is overreacting quite a bit. It's not MoP where you could double your secondary stats by getting rid of extra regen. Plus, there's no meta gem to help out and it's first half of first tier. It's really not that bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquel View Post
    There's one more benefit. You can stack it on top of your mindbender - along with BT and even PI it can drasticaly increase mana gained. More swings = more mana returns. Most trinkets on use cd lets you pop it exactly with every other mindbender, same goes for PI.
    It's not the ideal configuration for most fights, but for the cases with almost constant PWS spam it's like you say - it doesn't make that much difference when you pop those haste buffs. What matters is all the mana you can get for the spam, so just use all that haste for mana gains
    Can you provide any calculations for that?

Stacking the haste trinket with PI for every other mindbender will yield about the same mana as good solace usage. Essentially you get more gcds (maybe) from not using solace but are locked into using 2 throughput cds on cooldown. If you have the trinket, pick whichever works better for the fight. Keep in mind if you want to use AA on cd you still have to sink some GCDs in addition to mindbender casts.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Ive been putting priority into Mastery followed by multistrike for my stats. From what Ive seen others post it appears that crit has been devalued and multistrike is better.

I've been stacking Mastery from the beginning, for my Disc gear set. Seeing as my two major sources of healing (CoW, PWS) both directly benefit from it, it seemed like a no-brainer.

Not sure about second stats, though. I tried to go for crit I guess, but I ended up with a mix of everything.

Mastery does not work on atonement anymore, does it?

Deleted
    Only if the atonement crits, resulting in a DA.

i have a question guys, two priest at my guild both disc and done same hps but one of them at twice at healing done meter, how can this be ?

Quote Originally Posted by kharuweshalkuri View Post
    i have a question guys, two priest at my guild both disc and done same hps but one of them at twice at healing done meter, how can this be ?
    One of them died early?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Plus, there's no meta gem to help out
    Everburning Candle feels like a spiritual successor, with how much mana it gives.

But yeah, spirit stacking seems like the way to go. On just Normal mode, I find that Disc uses a lot more mana than Holy does.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Is the candle better from even foundry trinkets?
    Yes, it provides more intellect than even 696 mythic warforged trinkets, and the mana it grants (10,458 every 2 min) is equivalent to around 200 spirit.

334 int and 200 spirit. On a 665 item. Yeah, it's really overbudget.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-12-19 at 10:53 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocaya View Post
    Only if the atonement crits, resulting in a DA.
    So the heal portion of Mastery doesn't affect its healing?
    Do you have any logs? And if you're basing it off Recount, their HPS is calculated by active time. One of them could theoretically be far less active and maintain solid HPS on a meter. That's my first thought, one is simply casting less than the other.

Deleted
    If one is faster at sniping the damage with absorbs on raid AND TANKS he will do a much higher amount then the other disc who doesn´t have much left to shield anymore.

That...or hes using wrong spells.

Would you go for +118crit&+102multistrike or +118haste&+102mas? Intellect value is the same. Did we decide haste was better than crit and multistrike for pw:s? Not sure if I'm interpreting https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1C...AzZEo1ZW8/view right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Would you go for +118crit&+102multistrike or +118haste&+102mas? Intellect value is the same. Did we decide haste was better than crit and multistrike for pw:s? Not sure if I'm interpreting https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1C...AzZEo1ZW8/view right.
    I'd say go with crit & ms. Both of them give a nice boost to all your spells, I personally don't think haste is worthwhile for disc even though it's a good throughout.