Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kharuweshalkuri View Post
    i have a question guys, two priest at my guild both disc and done same hps but one of them at twice at healing done meter, how can this be ?
    The one that can faster shield people takes all the hps, its the nature of absorbs and while in general you want 1 disc priest or at least 2 that coordinate, otherwise you will have them fight for bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocaya View Post
    I'd say go with crit & ms. Both of them give a nice boost to all your spells, I personally don't think haste is worthwhile for disc even though it's a good throughout.
    Anything with Mastery is always better than anything without if they have the same ilvl/tertiary stats for disc.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Guys, can someone check my char and tell me what im doing wrong(gearing etc)? Several times other priest in raid with similar ilvl makes couple k HPS more than me

Cant post any links yet so, EU - Burit - Burning Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Burit View Post
    Guys, can someone check my char and tell me what im doing wrong(gearing etc)? Several times other priest in raid with similar ilvl makes couple k HPS more than me

Twist of Fate instead of Power Infusion, self-nerfed your own throughput with Glyph of Power Word: Shield, wasted another glyph slot with Glyph of Prayer of Mending.

Finally, Mindbender instead of Solace.

This isn't even going into logs yet.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Burit View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Twist of Fate instead of Power Infusion, self-nerfed your own throughput with Glyph of Power Word: Shield, wasted another glyph slot with Glyph of Prayer of Mending.

Finally, Mindbender instead of Solace.

This isn't even going into logs yet.
    PI > ToF
    ToF doesn't affect absorbs... yet; Blizz might get there one day.
    Solace has more mana return, not to mention it makes holy fire free which another mana saving upon itself.

Here's a list of go to glyphs
    1 Penance (never take this out, ever)
    2 Weakened Soul
    3 Holy Fire

Viable alternative in some situations.
    - Reflective Shield
    - PoM

Stats look fine on your gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    PI > ToF
    ToF doesn't affect absorbs... yet; Blizz might get there one day.
    I had no idea. Good thing I never use it then..

Is 10% overheal on PW:S good, bad, something in between? I am looking at you upside elephant.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Is 10% overheal on PW:S good, bad, something in between? I am looking at you upside elephant.
    Depending on which fights you are referring to, it's either normal or bad.

You would have to elaborate.

Depending on which fights you are referring to, it's either normal or bad.

You would have to elaborate.
    I am only interested in butcher & Imperator hc. We are now ok with butcher, but really struggling on imperator.

Also, (to all):
    a) What T90 do you find better for Imperator?
    b) Should I PW:shield the nova, and if yes, who do I want to shield? I am thinking only melees.

Our log on today's butcher kill (2nd kill overall on hc, tanks are off-spec, our main tanks are off to vacation)
    And, our log for Imperator HC tries (one of the days). Please only point your critique & advice to me at first, unless something is really standing out as bad.

I will summarise our fight process: Ranged follow 1 healer (that is our leader, the resto druid), we have 2 guys assigned (hunters) to take Arcane Wrath from whomever gets it. We always allow 2nd add to spawn in P1 to not get destroyed by the combo afterwards. For the intermissions we focus left mage, fixated ppl move away, tanks slowly kill some adds. When 2nd mage is down we all move to the centre, use PW:B, Tranq etc, cleave everything and move out the moment the rune is spawned. We mostly choke after 2nd intermission to P4, although after so many wipes, it is still unclear to me what wipes us. We also handle mark of chaos exceptionally well with our warrior with close to no failures. (He's gnome, so his feet are fast )

Lastly, is there a guide somewhere on how to configure DBM to not be an utter fucking mess? I only want very subtle and minimalistic warnings with preferably a movable list of events to come since I am disc, but all I can get, seeing I hate the addon because I fail at configuring it, is a fucking clutter of useless shouts and event spam on my screen, so I always end up uninstalling it in the end. I can't fucking count how many times I installed it for a week to uninstall it later.
    Last edited by Well; 2014-12-23 at 04:08 AM.

I am only interested in butcher & Imperator hc. We are now ok with butcher, but really struggling on imperator.

Also, (to all):
    a) What T90 do you find better for Imperator?
    b) Should I PW:shield the nova, and if yes, who do I want to shield? I am thinking only melees.

Our log on today's butcher kill (2nd kill overall on hc, tanks are off-spec, our main tanks are off to vacation)
    And, our log for Imperator HC tries (one of the days). Please only point your critique & advice to me at first, unless something is really standing out as bad.

I will summarise our fight process: Ranged follow 1 healer (that is our leader, the resto druid), we have 2 guys assigned (hunters) to take Arcane Wrath from whomever gets it. We always allow 2nd add to spawn in P1 to not get destroyed by the combo afterwards. For the intermissions we focus left mage, fixated ppl move away, tanks slowly kill some adds. When 2nd mage is down we all move to the centre, use PW:B, Tranq etc, cleave everything and move out the moment the rune is spawned. We mostly choke after 2nd intermission to P4, although after so many wipes, it is still unclear to me what wipes us. We also handle mark of chaos exceptionally well with our warrior with close to no failures. (He's gnome, so his feet are fast )

Lastly, is there a guide somewhere on how to configure DBM to not be an utter fucking mess? I only want very subtle and minimalistic warnings with preferably a movable list of events to come since I am disc, but all I can get, seeing I hate the addon because I fail at configuring it, is a fucking clutter of useless shouts and event spam on my screen, so I always end up uninstalling it in the end. I can't fucking count how many times I installed it for a week to uninstall it later.
    T90 - Cascade, it's up so often as a cheap and reliable raid heal.

As for Nova, it depends on where the ground heals are going, usually on melee since their movement is less frequent. If the ground heals(mushroom for instance) are on melee, you want to shield ranged instead, and vice versa. With a pally who should be running Holy Prism, this probably means you should default to shielding ranged since they take the least passive healing.

Onto logs themselves, since you are running a holy pally and a druid, it's more efficient to run Words of Mending as a free heal since there is so much spot healing with a druid and pally as is. Clarity of Will is just sniping beacon and lifebloom healing at this point and is detrimental to their playstyles.

Your Solace uptime could use a slight improvement: if it's difficult to Solace a target without having to move up and potentially misplace Resonance, consider slotting Holy Fire over something like Inquisitor just for the extra range.

Overall, your throughput is decent, but triage priority needs to improve slightly - this means shielding the ranged instead of melee for Nova, shielding targets with Arcane Wrath better(lots of Arcane Wrath deaths, which should be 99.99% mitigated by a disc priest absorbs), as well as focusing on raid healing as opposed to tank healing.

Moving on from your performance, I notice that the holy paladin ooms a bit too quickly. This should be corrected by utilizing more Tower of Radiance procs rather than healing non-beaconed targets as much as possible. Again, this partially ties back into assigning healers to heal specific groups of people - paladins are better at healing melee than ranged for this fight(due to prism's positional limitation) so let him deal with melee, while you focus on ranged, and the druid bounces around. Let the paladin also handle the tank healing almost exclusively(you should still burst shield/defensive penance the tanks as and when needed as well as let the druid maintain Lifebloom for clearcasting procs).

Finally, as for DBM, I never really had a problem with it so far, so I cannot relate to your woes with it, I would suggest posting it under the addons section of MMOC for help from experts/people who encounter the same problem.

T90 - Cascade, it's up so often as a cheap and reliable raid heal.

As for Nova, it depends on where the ground heals are going, usually on melee since their movement is less frequent. If the ground heals(mushroom for instance) are on melee, you want to shield ranged instead, and vice versa. With a pally who should be running Holy Prism, this probably means you should default to shielding ranged since they take the least passive healing.

Onto logs themselves, since you are running a holy pally and a druid, it's more efficient to run Words of Mending as a free heal since there is so much spot healing with a druid and pally as is. Clarity of Will is just sniping beacon and lifebloom healing at this point and is detrimental to their playstyles.

Your Solace uptime could use a slight improvement: if it's difficult to Solace a target without having to move up and potentially misplace Resonance, consider slotting Holy Fire over something like Inquisitor just for the extra range.

Overall, your throughput is decent, but triage priority needs to improve slightly - this means shielding the ranged instead of melee for Nova, shielding targets with Arcane Wrath better(lots of Arcane Wrath deaths, which should be 99.99% mitigated by a disc priest absorbs), as well as focusing on raid healing as opposed to tank healing.

Moving on from your performance, I notice that the holy paladin ooms a bit too quickly. This should be corrected by utilizing more Tower of Radiance procs rather than healing non-beaconed targets as much as possible. Again, this partially ties back into assigning healers to heal specific groups of people - paladins are better at healing melee than ranged for this fight(due to prism's positional limitation) so let him deal with melee, while you focus on ranged, and the druid bounces around. Let the paladin also handle the tank healing almost exclusively(you should still burst shield/defensive penance the tanks as and when needed as well as let the druid maintain Lifebloom for clearcasting procs).

Finally, as for DBM, I never really had a problem with it so far, so I cannot relate to your woes with it, I would suggest posting it under the addons section of MMOC for help from experts/people who encounter the same problem.
    Huge thanks for the feedback. What about PW:S though? Is my usage & overhealing ok? Also, when you say slightly, do you mean that I am off by like 25% (which I would consider terrible and a huge margin to cover) or something like 10 (which is still rather big) or something like 5%? I used WoM for butcher because in our full grp, I simply couldn't waste a fucking global. I use CoW not for tanks per say, but to ease up the people that get fixated on intermissions, since there isn't something better to do, than ensure a stress-free fixated duration on the target. I then go ham with PI and AA and spam PW:S until we get into Barrier & Tranq. I was using Halo in our last tries to help melee, but you are absolutely right, I was thinking of this in the wrong way. I will be having my pala on the melee grp and I will shield the ranged while also specing cascade to help more on the intermission.
    - - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention:

This is not our normal composition. Our raid always counts at least 20 members and we also have a very decent shammy in the group for our 4th healer.

Huge thanks for the feedback. What about PW:S though? Is my usage & overhealing ok?
    PW:S overhealing should be next to zero for Butcher, but slightly higher for Imperator(like +5% compared to butcher roughly), so you are good on that regard.

PW:S casts could be higher on Imperator as well, I usually hit about 13 million PW:S healing by 10 mins or thereabouts.

Also, when you say slightly, do you mean that I am off by like 25% (which I would consider terrible and a huge margin to cover) or something like 10 (which is still rather big) or something like 5%?
    Solace uptime should be as close to 90% as possible, and you have 73.5% uptime, so it's roughly under 20%. It's definitely something to improve on, but it's minor in the bigger scheme of things like healing the right targets.

I used WoM for butcher because in our full grp, I simply couldn't waste a fucking global. I use CoW not for tanks per say, but to ease up the people that get fixated on intermissions, since there isn't something better to do, than ensure a stress-free fixated duration on the target. I then go ham with PI and AA and spam PW:S until we get into Barrier & Tranq. I was using Halo in our last tries to help melee, but you are absolutely right, I was thinking of this in the wrong way.
    We usually have plenty of interrupts on the mages, but even if interrupts fail hots generally cover those in conjunction with PW:S for fixates.

I will be having my pala on the melee grp and I will shield the ranged while also specing cascade to help more on the intermission. Lastly, the wrath deaths are because ppl simply fail with the debuff more often than they should, stacking to 8 and sometimes even more.
    Yeah, if people mess up Arcane Wrath, it's your job as disc to carry them through it until they master running out properly. :3

This is not our normal composition. Our raid always counts at least 20 members and we also have a very decent shammy in the group for our 4th healer.
    You should observe your healer partners and see where they like to drop their ground heals and pop their cds. Understanding where gaps need to be filled(and filling those gaps) as opposed to overlapping healing targets will go a long way to healer mastery.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-12-23 at 01:06 PM.

You are completely right. Thanks so much for the feedback <3

Many kudos.

Has anyone tried to play with mastery enchant on weapon with candle and hourglass? Share your experience.
    Last edited by Ember; 2014-12-24 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    so are we supposed to just use shadowmoon enchant on weap? every top priest seems to use it.

fkn lame, can't use it for off-spec shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    so are we supposed to just use shadowmoon enchant on weap? every top priest seems to use it.

fkn lame, can't use it for off-spec shadow.
    You can use whatever you want. It used to be a 15-crystal enchant like the other "big ones", so it has the same budget as everything else, and spirit is by far the strongest stat for... Well, all healers, I'd risk saying. So yea, if you want to be optimal, you'd want a spirit enchant on your wep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You can use whatever you want. It used to be a 15-crystal enchant like the other "big ones", so it has the same budget as everything else, and spirit is by far the strongest stat for... Well, all healers, I'd risk saying. So yea, if you want to be optimal, you'd want a spirit enchant on your wep.
    Isn't the mastery enchant a good middle ground if you have a shadow offspec?

Isn't the mastery enchant a good middle ground if you have a shadow offspec?
    True, but not "optimal" - it just sounded to me like he was angry that there actually was a healing enchant for healers this expansion, rather than a hybrid "int proc that also gives spirit cos lazy", and that it was a "cheap" enchant (meaning he probably thinks it isn't budgetted as well as the 15-crystal ones).

Either way, throughput procs always has been very "meh". They end up proc'ing when you don't need them, and are unreliable. The only procs I'd ever want for a healer is spirit, because you can save mana up for later, so the timing on the proc almost never matters.

Deleted
    apparently only shadowmoon procs for healing, the crit/mastery/etc don't work, weird.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    apparently only shadowmoon procs for healing, the crit/mastery/etc don't work, weird.
    Did you actually try it on combat, or just out of combat healing?