Page 76 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    T17 Set bonus.

Is the 4p still 50% mana reduction to PoH while AA is active? I cant tell if the source I was looking at was accurate or not or when they supplied the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    T17 Set bonus.

Is the 4p still 50% mana reduction to PoH while AA is active? I cant tell if the source I was looking at was accurate or not or when they supplied the info.
    It's just for the first 6 seconds of AA being active.

Essentially the disc 2/4 set are both pretty damn weak compared to other healers - disc already has the best mana sustainability of all healers, and if we cast AA we're likely to be casting a PoH after for the aegis either way; so what 2+4 set gives is essentially a little boost in penance healing, and nothing usefull for 4 set.
    Considering only two pieces have mastery (crit+mast chest, haste+mast legs), and 3 has haste, I'd think about it for awhile before taking the 4 set. If anything, disc should be lowest priority on the conq user list by far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    Still, you're looking at an overall throughput loss even if you use SG optimally. Unless a fight comes with excessive, random ST burst damage, why would SG be worth that trade-off when Disc already has access to 2 potent spot heals?
    Because Penance may be on CD and you can't use PW:S again on target with WS?

Example of SG-friendly encounter: Hanz and Franz in BRF
    A LOT of completely random high single target damage. During beta testing, Saving Grace scored really huge numbers there.
    Even though, I'd recommend using it only with AA and going for 2 casts max before letting the debuff expire. 8 seconds is not that terrible.

I can totally imagine SG being to-go talent on this boss and maybe on few more in BRF mythic.

Also: don't forget that this spell used to cost 8,9% of your mana and debuff lasted 10 sec instead of 8.
    Boosted big time indeed
    Last edited by mmoc19a86bf4f1; 2015-01-28 at 01:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering if the 4p set bonus would make SS worth specing into?

Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    I was wondering if the 4p set bonus would make SS worth specing into?
    No way. PI boosts everything. Spirit shell only really affects PoH, and it's not even a throughput gain (it directly converts the healing part and the aegis of PoH into absorb), so if you want to shield a group, you're better off spamming PW:S instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's just for the first 6 seconds of AA being active.

Essentially the disc 2/4 set are both pretty damn weak compared to other healers - disc already has the best mana sustainability of all healers, and if we cast AA we're likely to be casting a PoH after for the aegis either way; so what 2+4 set gives is essentially a little boost in penance healing, and nothing usefull for 4 set.
    Considering only two pieces have mastery (crit+mast chest, haste+mast legs), and 3 has haste, I'd think about it for awhile before taking the 4 set. If anything, disc should be lowest priority on the conq user list by far.

Well most mythic raiding guilds will be giving tier to their dps first, so we should all be waiting a long time before we actually get any bonuses.

Hello Priests!

I got a log here from our Raid on the Twins yesterday. You'll find a Disc in there. I wonder if you guys might have a look at it and tell me what the player should do or not and what he could improve on basically. I hope that's not too much Im asking for!

Here we go: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...6&type=summary

Cheers,

Boldboy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boldboy View Post
    Hello Priests!

I got a log here from our Raid on the Twins yesterday. You'll find a Disc in there. I wonder if you guys might have a look at it and tell me what the player should do or not and what he could improve on basically. I hope that's not too much Im asking for!

Here we go: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...6&type=summary

Cheers,

Boldboy
    He should not be specced in CoW, theres no need for it and takes to long to cast. Get rid of glyph of power word shield. And i think he should be casting more shields, make sure shields people with fire debuff/dots. He also didnt cast enough PoH. AA uptime is very poor

Edit: Dps also seems very low on some of your dpsers
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2015-01-28 at 11:28 AM.

Thank you very much mate! Very helpful. And yes you are right DPS is low. Im taking care of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Tycheh View Post
    Well most mythic raiding guilds will be giving tier to their dps first, so we should all be waiting a long time before we actually get any bonuses.
    Not neccessarely. You'll already be overgearing almost all the mythics with a 685 average (as they can't be tuned higher than 695). Right now healers are probably the least geared in all guilds, and the 4 set helps a few of them A LOT with mana longevity (resto shamans especially need the set bonus to be competitive, for example). Remember, we're not going in here undergeared where all dps matters - we're going in with far more gear than can be expected for the first half bosses if you just started progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Not neccessarely. You'll already be overgearing almost all the mythics with a 685 average (as they can't be tuned higher than 695). Right now healers are probably the least geared in all guilds, and the 4 set helps a few of them A LOT with mana longevity (resto shamans especially need the set bonus to be competitive, for example). Remember, we're not going in here undergeared where all dps matters - we're going in with far more gear than can be expected for the first half bosses if you just started progressing.
    We are prioritizing top performers rather than an arbitrary dps/tanks > healers priority, so this does apply to us.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    We are prioritizing top performers rather than an arbitrary dps/tanks > healers priority, so this does apply to us.

Atleast for us we're going to be giving conq to warlocks>ret>holy paladin/priest. Then again if people coin they obviously get prio on a tier piece to hit 2set first.

The problem with it is that it adds an extra 1s to the channel, which makes it a lot susceptible to overhealing. I would still use it defensively when AA is up, but I suspect offensive Penance when the AA buff is down would be the way to go.
    who cares if it overheals?

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    If it overheals, then the target probably didn't need the healing from defensive Penance. You might as well use it offensively to generate an additional stack of Evangelism and avoid wasting a GCD on Smite or HF?

Can anyone confirm whether or not the 2P bonus activates on defensive Penance casts?

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    If it's gonna overheal, why cast it at all? You're just wasting a GCD/cooldown/mana.

Deleted
    If it overheals, then the target probably didn't need the healing from defensive Penance. You might as well use it offensively to generate an additional stack of Evangelism and avoid wasting a GCD on Smite or HF?
    There's a chance to proc DA during defensive cast. I still prefer casting def Penance instead of one to the boss.
    2pc def Penance > 2pc off Penance > Smite.

Wasting a GCD on HF? You are supposed to cast it on CD.
    Wasting a GCD on Smite? Why would you ever cast Smite with 2pc?

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    There's a chance to proc DA during defensive cast. I still prefer casting def Penance instead of one to the boss.
    2pc def Penance > 2pc off Penance > Smite.

Wasting a GCD on HF? You are supposed to cast it on CD.
    Wasting a GCD on Smite? Why would you ever cast Smite with 2pc?
    There is a chance to proc DA via offensive Penance too. When AA is down, the difference between between using it offensively and defensively is minimized. If you know that your defensive cast is going to overheal, you're much better off using it offensively for the extra stack to save you mana and a GCD.

There is also no reason to cast HF when AA is up. You're just wasting a GCD when you have a 25% healing buff.

Deleted
    There is a chance to proc DA via offensive Penance too. When AA is down, the difference between between using it offensively and defensively is minimized.
    Selfbuff, int flask, no AA.
    Def Penance: 24797, 26823, 24591 healing ticks. Total healing: 76161
    Off Penance: 7714, 7714+2314ms, 7714 healing ticks. Total healing: 25456 (including 1x multistrike)

If you know that your defensive cast is going to overheal, you're much better off using it offensively for the extra stack to save you mana and a GCD.
    Do you understand the fact that you don't need the extra stack with 2pc? You have to use HF and Penance on cooldown even without 2pc, and with 2pc you will have more than a lot of Evangelism stacks by doing that (with 2pc you are able to generate 7 stacks between two AA casts only by using Penance and HF on cooldown).

There is also no reason to cast HF when AA is up. You're just wasting a GCD when you have a 25% healing buff.
    Of course there's a reason. First of all, you should be using Solace, which is already a big reason why should you use it even with AA up. Secondly, during 12 sec downtime (after AA fades and before AA CD is up) you have no chance to get 5 stacks of Evangelism, unless you are using Smite or off Penance, which is wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc19a86bf4f1; 2015-01-30 at 07:31 PM.

Selfbuff, int flask, no AA.
    Def Penance: 24797, 26823, 24591 healing ticks. Total healing: 76161
    Off Penance: 7714, 7714+2314ms, 7714 healing ticks. Total healing: 25456 (including 1x multistrike)
    Try factoring the bonus from generating one extra stack of Evangelism.

Do you understand the fact that you don't need the extra stack with 2pc? You have to use HF and Penance on cooldown even without 2pc, and with 2pc you will have more than a lot of Evangelism stacks by doing that (with 2pc you are able to generate 7 stacks between two AA casts only by using Penance and HF on cooldown).
    You don't have to even use HF if you're smart about how you use Penance (realistically, you will have to use HF on occasion because I doubt anyone is capable of using Penance on CD perfectly), and there's no reason to cast HF unless you need the Evangelism stack. Keep in mind that HF doesn't benefit from AA, which means that you're essentially wasting the AA buff by using HF when it's up.

Of course there's a reason. First of all, you should be using Solace, which is already a big reason why should you use it even with AA up. Secondly, during 12 sec downtime (after AA fades and before AA CD is up) you have no chance to get 5 stacks of Evangelism, unless you are using Smite or off Penance, which is wrong).
    Mindbender post-buff >>> Solace with the 2-piece. Loads of top parses use Smite and offensive Penance too.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=97
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=14

So much misinformation, sigh.
    Last edited by ceddya; 2015-01-30 at 07:44 PM.