Page 85 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    I have been considering playing with Holy as well simply because disc is so boring and I dont want to get carpal tunnel.
    I have threatened my raid into letting me play holy (or disc their pick) anywhere we can get away with it, or to search for a new priest soon, because playing disc is no fun and the encounters are not good enough to make up for it. It's not like I get paid to be there. Thus the nerf is kind of welcome.

I'm quite disappointed, especially since we called this since the alpha information came out.

Get vuhdo, use mouse over macros and set pws to right click. It will change your life!

I make my COW vs mending decision based on the hardest point of the fight. I run CoW on hanz/franz, maidens, and flame bender.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sard View Post
    Get vuhdo, use mouse over macros and set pws to right click. It will change your life!

I make my COW vs mending decision based on the hardest point of the fight. I run CoW on hanz/franz, maidens, and flame bender.
    Thats my PoH, not gonna change it now, ill get confused xD

Anyway cleared 9/10 hc today and not sure if i noticed alot diffrence, still topped meters most fights (and if i didnt its cause i played bad) and even got a higher score on one i think. I feel like i use alot more PoH tho, i also got 4 piece just to make playstyle more fun (on farm anyway, and to test if its really that bad).

Other then that, disc is boring, but i kill bosses so i guess its not too bad. Got rid of holy for shadow for atm anyway.

The changes of the patch are positive even if they're a lateral move for the specialization's "fun" factor.

I remember posting on these forums that I would be "afraid" of losing Solace as my contribution would boil even more down to "spam PW:S" but I switched over to Mindbender and I enjoy the freed up time. Pressing Solace is still less interesting than pressing PW:S. At least with PW:S you have to consider who you're going to bubble and why.

It works pretty well considering I have the 2-piece bonus. I have to catch myself casting Holy Fire occasionally though!

I have no idea what to think of the new Cascade. It's a lot of bouncing and noise signifying nothing. That pretty much describes all of the level 90 talents ever since WoD: skills that you use but never feel. You only look at the meters after the fight and think "Wow. Really? That did 9% of my healing? Okay. If you say so!". The cascade double-bounce should be a buff for my raid size but it feels like it's just... buggy. I swear the thing bounces back and hits me four times in a row. I can't make heads or tails of it.

Basically I enjoy Mindbender again which has opened up the playstyle a little. I don't feel weak. I don't really want things to stagnate here either.

Quote Originally Posted by CorpShephard View Post
    The changes of the patch are positive even if they're a lateral move for the specialization's "fun" factor.

I remember posting on these forums that I would be "afraid" of losing Solace as my contribution would boil even more down to "spam PW:S" but I switched over to Mindbender and I enjoy the freed up time. Pressing Solace is still less interesting than pressing PW:S. At least with PW:S you have to consider who you're going to bubble and why.

It works pretty well considering I have the 2-piece bonus. I have to catch myself casting Holy Fire occasionally though!

I have no idea what to think of the new Cascade. It's a lot of bouncing and noise signifying nothing. That pretty much describes all of the level 90 talents ever since WoD: skills that you use but never feel. You only look at the meters after the fight and think "Wow. Really? That did 9% of my healing? Okay. If you say so!". The cascade double-bounce should be a buff for my raid size but it feels like it's just... buggy. I swear the thing bounces back and hits me four times in a row. I can't make heads or tails of it.

Basically I enjoy Mindbender again which has opened up the playstyle a little. I don't feel weak. I don't really want things to stagnate here either.
    Wait, you went from having to cast Solace every 10 seconds to mindbender every 60 seconds and that feels like *more* interesting game play? Curious...
    I'm surprised at all of the disc priest who are using their 2 piece and the mindbender buff to drop Solace. My first thought when I saw the 2 piece was "hell yeah, now I can get to 5 stacks between AA casts without needing to smite or offensive penance". How are you guys building to 5 stacks between Arch Angel casts without solace or smiting? I mean, yes you have more globals for PWS, but its not like you have infinite mana - 10+ minute fights like Blast Furnace DO exist after all.

Edit:Are there any fights you other disc'ers are considering going holy for? Our usual 20 man comp is 2 holy paladins, resto shaman, resto druid and my disc, and I feel like Kromog and maybe Furance will result in better numbers and better healing with a 4 piece holy than a disc.
    Last edited by Sard; 2015-02-27 at 03:51 AM.

Wait, you went from having to cast Solace every 10 seconds to mindbender every 60 seconds and that feels like *more* interesting game play? Curious...
    I'm surprised at all of the disc priest who are using their 2 piece and the mindbender buff to drop Solace. My first thought when I saw the 2 piece was "hell yeah, now I can get to 5 stacks between AA casts without needing to smite or offensive penance". How are you guys building to 5 stacks between Arch Angel casts without solace or smiting? I mean, yes you have more globals for PWS, but its not like you have infinite mana - 10+ minute fights like Blast Furnace DO exist after all.
    I still use solace with the 2p because I don't like the idea of having to offensive penance, and of course mindbender is more mana intensive (unless you reach a certain haste threshold?) with slightly higher hps output.

Edit:Are there any fights you other disc'ers are considering going holy for? Our usual 20 man comp is 2 holy paladins, resto shaman, resto druid and my disc, and I feel like Kromog and maybe Furance will result in better numbers and better healing with a 4 piece holy than a disc.
    I absolutely crush kromog and furnace as disc so no. (highest is 68k kromog, 65k furnace)

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I still use solace with the 2p because I don't like the idea of having to offensive penance, and of course mindbender is more mana intensive (unless you reach a certain haste threshold?) with slightly higher hps output.

I absolutely crush kromog and furnace as disc so no. (highest is 68k kromog, 65k furnace)
    Jesus. I pulled 40k on our guilds first h blast furnace kill this week and even if I had not being mind controlling I phase 1 I have no idea how I would get numbers that high on a fight that long. Do you have any logs to share?

Jesus. I pulled 40k on our guilds first h blast furnace kill this week and even if I had not being mind controlling I phase 1 I have no idea how I would get numbers that high on a fight that long. Do you have any logs to share?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...y=4&metric=hps

Just scroll down this page (blast furnace was 62k my mistake).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...y=4&metric=hps

Just scroll down this page (blast furnace was 62k my mistake).
    That was pre-nerf though. Were you able to hit 62k after 6.1?

It has been set to left click since classic. (Selecting the target is set to CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+left click.)

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    It has been set to left click since classic. (Selecting the target is set to CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+left click.)
    Am I the only healer in the world that can't heal with mouseovers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    That was pre-nerf though. Were you able to hit 62k after 6.1?
    nah I fucked up furnace this week, ended the fight at 30% mana (and 57k hps); I think I can do 62k again if I play better.

nah I fucked up furnace this week, ended the fight at 30% mana (and 57k hps); I think I can do 62k again if I play better.
    Yes, but you also now have Holy Priests who can also sustain that kind of HPS. I don't think Disc is nearly as mandatory for BRF as I once did, which is a good thing TBH.

Deleted
    Yes, but you also now have Holy Priests who can also sustain that kind of HPS. I don't think Disc is nearly as mandatory for BRF as I once did, which is a good thing TBH.
    You can´t compare a disc with another healer like a holy priest. Holy is pure healing while disc prevents damage (wich makes it easier for other healers too). It ofcourse not mandatory but it will still help you alot. Numbers don´t say much.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    You can´t compare a disc with another healer like a holy priest. Holy is pure healing while disc prevents damage (wich makes it easier for other healers too). It ofcourse not mandatory but it will still help you alot. Numbers don´t say much.
    Not having a disc does change the way the raid heals though. I disconnected with about 3 minutes left on H operator this week and out resto shaman, who had been bottom feeding, shot up like 12k hps because there were no more shields keeping players artificially high on life. Disc is Powerful but mythic team will probably be Druid shaman 2 pallies and myself, and I'm seriously consisting going holy at times.
    Last edited by Sard; 2015-02-27 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Nope. /10char
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

It's important to play what you enjoy but disc is still better on every boss and unless absorbs get nerfed or reworked at some point I would assume that they always will be.

It's important to play what you enjoy but disc is still better on every boss and unless absorbs get nerfed or reworked at some point I would assume that they always will be.
    I disagree that Disc is better on every boss. In the absence of one-shot mechanics, I think Holy is equivalent or better because ToF + 2x Serendipity + PoH offers higher sustained raid output when it matters the most. This assumes that your raid has a Holy Pally, of course. If not, then yeah, Disc is probably better.
    Last edited by ceddya; 2015-02-27 at 07:16 PM.

I disagree that Disc is better on every boss. In the absence of one-shot mechanics, I think Holy is equivalent or better because ToF + 2x Serendipity + PoH offers higher sustained raid output when it matters the most. This assumes that your raid has a Holy Pally, of course. If not, then yeah, Disc is probably better.
    In my mind holy would only be a better option on a fight that consists of only consistent raid damage. If it's possible for individuals to take additional bursty damage (such as bombs and volatile fire on blast furnace) then disc will be the better choice. If there are moments with high tank damage then disc is also the better choice (unless you run double paladin), if there is large predictable aoe damage like on Kromog then disc is the better choice.

From my experience the only bosses (post wotlk) on which holy was undoubtedly the better spec were gimmicky bosses:

- Spine of Deathwing because disc priests couldn't effectively heal the debuffs
    - Tsulong
    - Garalon (consistent raid damage, can't die to anything else unless you're a kiter)
    - Chimaeron maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    That is not a mouseover but healing with modified mouse clicks.
    I have mouseovers as well but don't use them as much.

- - - Updated - - -

On every boss, disc is worse, because it makes your healers quit the game due to annoyance.