Page 86 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Something interesting that was brought up on the Priest forums - AA increases the cost of your Flash Heal by 5% per stack of Evangelism consumed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    Something interesting that was brought up on the Priest forums - AA increases the cost of your Flash Heal by 5% per stack of Evangelism consumed.
    Decreases maybe? or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Decreases maybe? or am I missing something?
    AA increases the mana cost of Flash Heal when you use it by 5% per stack. It's probably unintended, and doesn't really hurt us per se since our priority is to burn EAA on PoH and not FH, but still annoying anyway.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    AA increases the mana cost of Flash Heal when you use it by 5% per stack. It's probably unintended, and doesn't really hurt us per se since our priority is to burn EAA on PoH and not FH, but still annoying anyway.
    Oh! It does that currently, wow. Definitely hurts PvP more than PvE, but what a weird bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    - Garalon (consistent raid damage, can't die to anything else unless you're a kiter)
    I remember disc being quite a bit better on Garalon because you could dps the legs for 100% increased atonement healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by Sard View Post
    It was definitely a solid nerf, but given that PWS got a 10% nerf and it makes up about ~60% of our healing give or take, its survivable. If you were not beating the bottom 2 healers in your guild by at least 6% pre-nerf then I don't even. My numbers are down to around what our solid Holy paladin pulls and I'm not CRUSHING fights anymore (except gruul), but Ive yet to finish worse than 3rd in a 5 or 6 healer heroic clear.
    thats a lot of healers for a heroic clear.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    thats a lot of healers for a heroic clear.
    1 healer per 5 people is standard in heroic modes. 30 Man clears (for loot, bring in socials to take whatever scraps you don't need/coin bosses so you get extra loot drops) is pretty standard for most mythic guilds.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    is saving grace now viable as a 100er talent in pve ? i know it´s very limited , but is it viable in some fights or are the other talents still the better choices ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artame View Post
    is saving grace now viable as a 100er talent in pve ?
    No.

Can't think of a fight where I actually used any other lvl 100 talent than WoM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    i used it today on the iron maidens hc, and i find it useful for tank healing.

Deleted
    You should try CoW then, much better for tank healing in HC and mandatory in Mythic.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    CoW is also great as tank healing ,but on the iron maidens at 20% i have a lot to move and saving grace as an instant is great for that. but i know that saving grace is almost only viable in pvp , but i like to test things

CoW is also great as tank healing ,but on the iron maidens at 20% i have a lot to move and saving grace as an instant is great for that. but i know that saving grace is almost only viable in pvp , but i like to test things

But you're still probably better off with CoW, just because the damage is so, so, sooooo predictable and Dark Hunt/Ritual can 1shot people.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-03-04 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah WoM is normally my choice to go on the maidens, but we have no holy pala in our roster so i need a strong heal if the tanks get massive damage and Saving grace is good for that but i have to admit i´m a bad disc player

I had been running WoM in heroic, but after our first night on mythic beast lord, I'm going to go back to CoW. Tanks just get wrecked too hard and a lot of the damage before the post fault line list phase is kind of rough to heal as disc. Better to keep tank health high through wonky taunt swaps and stacking debuff and let our other healers take care of the raid more.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah WoM is normally my choice to go on the maidens, but we have no holy pala in our roster so i need a strong heal if the tanks get massive damage and Saving grace is good for that but i have to admit i´m a bad disc player
    Yeah, I would say CoW and SG have a similar niche for tanks, except one is based on prediction and the other is based on reaction. CoW will be better than SG in any instance where you can predict that they will be taking a large amount of damage. It just so happens that's every single fight in BrF. Just my opinion =) Most fights you shouldn't need either one though.

Urgh, so last night was our guilds best yet single night progression and my worst yet individual performance. Can someone pls critique the shit out of my logs. (Yes I'm well aware of the rest of my guild's stupidity, pls ignore them for now). For clarity, I didn't get my 2 set until half way through the raid night. My armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onement/simple and the only difference between my disc gear and holy gear now that I'm using the 2set is the Imperator staff vs Tectnus staff.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and don't bother with Operator, I wasn't even trying that fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and i suppose I should provide the logs, silly me: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JMcLw46ZfWvapBPr
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    Urgh, so last night was our guilds best yet single night progression and my worst yet individual performance. Can someone pls critique the shit out of my logs. (Yes I'm well aware of the rest of my guild's stupidity, pls ignore them for now). For clarity, I didn't get my 2 set until half way through the raid night. My armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onement/simple and the only difference between my disc gear and holy gear now that I'm using the 2set is the Imperator staff vs Tectnus staff.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and don't bother with Operator, I wasn't even trying that fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and i suppose I should provide the logs, silly me: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JMcLw46ZfWvapBPr
    You are overhealing heroics by a very huge margin.

For starters, when you double disc for low to moderate raid damage, you should run CoW to snipe heals off the tank.

Also, you really should run Mindbender and 2x offensive penance 1x defensive penance to generate your AA stacks with 2 set bonus. This frees up a lot of GCDs for CoW applications.

Hardcast PoM is still weaker than simply PW:S.

Finally, why Divine Star? Unless you are employing a stacked strat for most fights which is highly unlikely, this shouldn't even be slotted. Cascade is so much better now that it can jump multiple times on the same target.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    About your disc logs I, see the same pattern for every fight :

- I agree with Pos on Divine star usage. Especially since you were 25 people.
    Apart from that :
    - the way you cast PoH doesn't seem really optimal. Not sure if I'm reading warcraftlog right but I think you're not fully taking advantage of EAA.

Finally, you could cast solace a bit more but it's uptime already really good and we know encounter design makes hard to cast it on CD (I'm just pointing this out for the sake of it but I wouldn't bother with that). I'd also follow Pos advice and spec mindbender with your mana allows it (you can cast it alsongside with shards so it's nice).

I'm not seeing anything else. To me it seems pretty good, but keep in mind I'm not the greatest at reading logs :/

So am I seeing things or did I miss a patch notes, but sometimes Prayer of Mending seems to have 10 jumps.

It could be a bug in PoM Tracker, or the 2 set being buggy, but I've definitively see it, I just don't know why it happens sometimes.