Page 88 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    I think thats pretty straight forward. Most (if not all) mythic HM items should have same int as Heroic brf items, then it just comes down to stats.

For example i be keeping my Mythic helm (ignoring the fact it has a socket) mainly cause i prefer multi over haste and it has abit more mastery. For shoulders i think if you got the Mythic butcher ones they still bis since there are no mastery shoulders in brf.

And so on...
    Talking with regards to Mythic BRF vs Mythic Highmaul, which there will be a difference in Int hence the question

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TehCrab View Post
    Talking with regards to Mythic BRF vs Mythic Highmaul, which there will be a difference in Int hence the question
    Haha ok. Even before the ilvl buff i considered Mythic BRF being an upgrade vs Mythic Highmaul tbh, seeing as the gap is now even higher, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCrab View Post
    The int gap is currently well worth the hit to optimal stats with the ilvl increase.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    So lately I've been looking at logs for Mythic Gruul and comparing my kill to the current rank 1, a priest called Rósey. I have absolutely no idea how he/she is able to maintain ~82k hps when I come in at ~66k. Having looked at their armory I can see that they do have slightly better gear than I do and I can see from the logs that they're using the Elementalist's Shielding Talisman and the Blackiron Micro Crucible as opposed to my candle and HC Chew Toy. They also used Solace and I went for Mindbender. I suppose my point here is, how? Can trinkets make that much of a difference? Did they just play better? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambkorma View Post
    So lately I've been looking at logs for Mythic Gruul and comparing my kill to the current rank 1, a priest called Rósey. I have absolutely no idea how he/she is able to maintain ~82k hps when I come in at ~66k. Having looked at their armory I can see that they do have slightly better gear than I do and I can see from the logs that they're using the Elementalist's Shielding Talisman and the Blackiron Micro Crucible as opposed to my candle and HC Chew Toy. They also used Solace and I went for Mindbender. I suppose my point here is, how? Can trinkets make that much of a difference? Did they just play better? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Links to the logs so we can compare uptimes, procs, average heals and casts etc would be in order when asking such a question.

People took more damage in his/her raid, so that's part of the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Links to the logs so we can compare uptimes, procs, average heals and casts etc would be in order when asking such a question.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...05857/latest/#
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Biggest difference is the EAA PoH uptime as well as Cascade usage.

Also, they are utilizing a strat that makes them take more damage than they really need(whether or parse or not I can't say).
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

7+ Year Old Account
    Hai,

I'm a disc healer in a casual raiding guild and looking to improve. Still making the adjustment to WoD discing so feel free to tell me what I'm doing wrong or should be doing better. I'm hoping that I'll be able to propel my guild into further progression with better heals. My lovely guildmate only logged two fights by accident, but she's still super! Anyway:

Flamebender: warcraftlogs .com/reports/adKTnj9rfG67x1B2#fight=2&type=healing
    Kromog: warcraftlogs .com/reports/adKTnj9rfG67x1B2#type=healing

EDIT: By luck the 2 set bonus fell into my lap. Is it now mandatory to use mindbender over solace?
    Last edited by Ladyoftheforest; 2015-03-20 at 05:50 PM.

Deleted
    I dont know where else to post this but It's a very good weak aura for all healers, including disc priest.
    It shows all major raid CDs while beeing cast. Good for knowing whos using CD so you won't use yours in the same time. EG: tranquility x2 or tranq with divine hymn in the same time.

http://pastebin.com/ZNx9k6Ac

Aspect of fox weak aura:
    http://pastebin.com/Dty63rGD
    Last edited by mmocc73a7e76d4; 2015-03-21 at 04:34 PM. Reason: different fonts are for emphasis, not entire posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    Hai,

I'm a disc healer in a casual raiding guild and looking to improve. Still making the adjustment to WoD discing so feel free to tell me what I'm doing wrong or should be doing better. I'm hoping that I'll be able to propel my guild into further progression with better heals. My lovely guildmate only logged two fights by accident, but she's still super! Anyway:

Flamebender: warcraftlogs .com/reports/adKTnj9rfG67x1B2#fight=2&type=healing
    Kromog: warcraftlogs .com/reports/adKTnj9rfG67x1B2#type=healing

EDIT: By luck the 2 set bonus fell into my lap. Is it now mandatory to use mindbender over solace?
    It is not mandatory, and frankly, I find not being able to use Penance defensively to be kind of annoying at times. That said, it frees up more time to spam PWS which is your best HPS during high damage phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Sard View Post
    It is not mandatory, and frankly, I find not being able to use Penance defensively to be kind of annoying at times. That said, it frees up more time to spam PWS which is your best HPS during high damage phases.
    You can. You simply use it less than you would with Solace.

2x offensive, 1x defensive

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    You can. You simply use it less than you would with Solace.

2x offensive, 1x defensive
    Right, but I'm still forced into a fairly rigid system where 2/3 penances must be offensive. You CAN use more of those penances as defensive, but then you need to use HF or smite to get that fifth stack and the mana/GCD savings go out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Sard View Post
    Right, but I'm still forced into a fairly rigid system where 2/3 penances must be offensive. You CAN use more of those penances as defensive, but then you need to use HF or smite to get that fifth stack and the mana/GCD savings go out the window.
    The point is you don't. You cancel cast offensive Penance as soon as the GCD ends then shield people who need healing. If you find yourself needing a low overheal defensive Penance every time Penance comes off CD, your actual throughput healers are doing something horribly wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much spirit is too much spirit? Right now I have 1500 spirit at an ilvl of 684. That is pleeeeenty for heroics (in fact I have tons of mana left over on certain fights) but Im not sure about Mythics. Ive done a few mythics so far however I havent done them enough to really gauge my mana needs.

Also, when critiquing logs, what should the optimal uptimes be for solace, PWS, AA, EAA etc etc be?

It really is up to you but I can give you some insight into some of the disc priest all-stars (ala WCL).

1. Attlana 2000 spirit. Autoclave and Chew-toy. No 4 set.
    2. Miyuki 1900 spirit. Talismon and Chew-toy. No set.
    3. Sárva 1250 spirit. Candle and Chew-toy. 4 set.
    4. Whisperheal 1100 spirit. Goren and Micro-crucible. 2 set.
    5. Dorfie 2000 spirit. Talismon and Shard of Nothing. 4 set.

I sit at 1300 spirit with a crucible and chew-toy. But I would replace the crucible with the autoclave if I could.
    Shoot for spirit on jewerly and cloaks and then play around with trinkets as you get them. I don't think there is a thing as too much mana, if you think there is then just spam shield more.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    It really is up to you but I can give you some insight into some of the disc priest all-stars (ala WCL).

1. Attlana 2000 spirit. Autoclave and Chew-toy. No 4 set.
    2. Miyuki 1900 spirit. Talismon and Chew-toy. No set.
    3. Sárva 1250 spirit. Candle and Chew-toy. 4 set.
    4. Whisperheal 1100 spirit. Goren and Micro-crucible. 2 set.
    5. Dorfie 2000 spirit. Talismon and Shard of Nothing. 4 set.

I sit at 1300 spirit with a crucible and chew-toy. But I would replace the crucible with the autoclave if I could.
    Shoot for spirit on jewerly and cloaks and then play around with trinkets as you get them. I don't think there is a thing as too much mana, if you think there is then just spam shield more.
    Parsing well has very little to do with stat priority anyway. It's about underhealing fights, sniping heals and/or purposefully ignoring mechanics to rank.

But it's definitely true that disc priests can't have too much spirit, you can always cast more(or have more haste on gear) to oom yourself.

So I am leveling a disc priest since my guild may need more healers. How in the world do I use AA? Do I just use the holy fire thing on cd and then use aa? I am doing dungeons atm and I am seeing rarely any time to actually attack at times since the tank will be trucked. I am guessing that changes in raids with other healers around.

Also, what are the best stats / glyphs?
    Last edited by Zantos; 2015-03-28 at 11:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So I am leveling a disc priest since my guild may need more healers. How in the world do I use AA? Do I just use the holy fire thing on cd and then use aa? I am doing dungeons atm and I am seeing rarely any time to actually attack at times since the tank will be trucked. I am guessing that changes in raids with other healers around.

Also, what are the best stats / glyphs?
    Considering you don't have 2pc tier at this point, it's just offensive penance x2 Solace x3 to generate stacks for AA.

So yes, Holy Fire/Solace on CD. Use Twist of Fate + Flash Heal spam if tanks get spiked hard, or if you are good with preshielding techniques, use Clarity of Will and run Power Infusion.

As for stats, it's Int -> Spirit -> Mastery -> Haste to comfortable -> Multistrike -> Crit -> Haste -> Versatility.

Glyphs should be Weakened Soul + Penance + Holy Fire/Inquisitor.

Use Twist of Fate + Flash Heal spam if tanks get spiked hard, or if you are good with preshielding techniques, use Clarity of Will and run Power Infusion
    stop reading right about there.