If you are 3 healing on progression, then CoW is probably not the way to go for soaking doomfire.

If you are 4 healing, then anything goes, with CoW being the "safer" option as you don't have the added pressure to heal the raid as much

Words of Mending is really helpful as a pick-and-forget talent to heal through the multitudes of raid damage on the encounter, and quite frankly, when I did this fight 3 healing, there really wasn't any good time to spam CoW.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Yeah they normally 3 heal AFAIK, but it's only "progression" for myself.

Just trying to help minimize how many times I mess up, through the advice of others.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    If you are 3 healing on progression, then CoW is probably not the way to go for soaking doomfire.

If you are 4 healing, then anything goes, with CoW being the "safer" option as you don't have the added pressure to heal the raid as much

Words of Mending is really helpful as a pick-and-forget talent to heal through the multitudes of raid damage on the encounter, and quite frankly, when I did this fight 3 healing, there really wasn't any good time to spam CoW.
    We used CoW 3 healing on progression, but we also went with 1 doomfire strat from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    We used CoW 3 healing on progression, but we also went with 1 doomfire strat from the get go.
    With the disc and not the tank soaking? :/
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Im auctually curious, when 3 healing should disc still be soaking or should hunters/mages go instead (we got like 5 hunters) ? Still on mannoroth atm, but reading this im unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Im auctually curious, when 3 healing should disc still be soaking or should hunters/mages go instead (we got like 5 hunters) ? Still on mannoroth atm, but reading this im unsure.
    We wound up one shotting it with me taking flames (only messed up by taking the first catch a little too early) in my guild's second group (mix of alts and mains in both groups).

Had two Holy Pallys + me, no CoW, and everything seemed manageable. I guess I was over-thinking how to do the flames.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    can prophecy of fear procc from holy nova ? and what are the best stats/items for dmg logs as disc priest ?

Quote Originally Posted by artame View Post
    can prophecy of fear procc from holy nova ? and what are the best stats/items for dmg logs as disc priest ?
    I would assume no, since its supposed to proc off of single target attacks only, but cant say i know anyone who has actually tried.

I've never tested (could just go to training dummy and spam holy nova), but i've seen it proc on other stuff other than single target attacks. Hell it can proc off of itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    We wound up one shotting it with me taking flames (only messed up by taking the first catch a little too early) in my guild's second group (mix of alts and mains in both groups).

Had two Holy Pallys + me, no CoW, and everything seemed manageable. I guess I was over-thinking how to do the flames.
    Guess its alot easier for them when its kinda on farm tho, even if it was your first time Was just thinking progress wise 3 heal

Guess its alot easier for them when its kinda on farm tho, even if it was your first time Was just thinking progress wise 3 heal
    Surely. Just offering insight, since the tidbit I got earlier helped a little.

I'm sure guilds prefer using a healer for flames due to meeting DPS check to pass into phases sooner; I can't imagine that part would be much different for you guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Surely. Just offering insight, since the tidbit I got earlier helped a little.

I'm sure guilds prefer using a healer for flames due to meeting DPS check to pass into phases sooner; I can't imagine that part would be much different for you guys.
    Alright, guess we will try, thanks Good to know its not that bad without CoW.

First Manno tho..zzzzz

I don't know what else I could do on mythic Gorefiend at this point. I heal the adds so fast that I end up with nothing to heal at 8 seconds left. I guess Archangel timing is one area I'm stumped on since it's hard to have it ready when I need it.

Deleted
    How much mastery should one have with mythic gear ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnys View Post
    All the Masteries.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted
    Not sure if you are asking how much mastery you should aim for in mythic or how much mastery someone with mythic gear has.

But you want to keep stacking mastery, its just to good off a stat.
    If its about mastery amount im at 59.20%, but i can imagen bis geared mythic people would be above 65% unbuffed

edit: im 740
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2016-02-17 at 10:36 AM.

Deleted
    Not sure if you are asking how much mastery you should aim for in mythic or how much mastery someone with mythic gear has.

But you want to keep stacking mastery, its just to good off a stat.
    If its about mastery amount im at 59.20%, but i can imagen bis geared mythic people would be above 65% unbuffed
    Thanks, was only wondering on how much mastery most of the mythic geared priests sit.

Thanks, was only wondering on how much mastery most of the mythic geared priests sit.
    743 and I have 60.55% according to armory. Only gear changes I plan on making are if I get lucky with wf or sockets.

10+ Year Old Account
    At 741 I have 68%.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted
    71.46% D:

744/750 with 5 sockets