Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talhooo View Post
    Intuition's Gift is way better, definitely on short fights. I've seen my HPS reach 700k on gorefiend for 20 seconds with hero + power infusion and go ham on PoH. Even on fights like zakuun I've seen my divine aegis go higher then PWS just because of the trinket.

But since Ryan11d7 doesn't seem to be in a high end guild, IG + PoH isn't something that applies to you.

BUT, Even if you don't have everything on farm and still have slow kills, I feel like IG is better just cause of the added spirit. Maybe in corner cases where the fight is 3 to 4 minutes, insignia might be better. But I still really dislikes random proccs as a healer. Which is probably the biggest reason I've just skipped Insignia trinket.

disc + pala is indeed probably the best combo, for the 3rd healer, maybe I'd choose resto shaman, I like the gap chain heals fills when with a disc and a pala. I also like their toolkit (spirit link and healing tide) more than a druids tranq which sometimes can be unreliable. I haven't healed much with a resto tho, so maybe that's where my bias for resto shaman comes from.
    Well ye if u wanna rank when everything is on farm and fights are short then IG + PoH spam is an option. But knowing the person i replied to is still progressing i say DP + DSI is bis. Mastery is our most important stat after int.

Your point about needing spirit from IG on progress is not true, i been running 1.1k spirit with DP mythic trinket in HFC Mythic and a quater of that was still progress. If i did need spirit on i would just swich my cloak or neck out. Its much better to swich in a neck/cloak/rings with spirit then a trinket when DSI has SO much mastery. Even if the proc from the trinket it random its always uptime of 50%+ and its intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillo View Post
    Cba to create a new thread, but have a question about stat prio.

Yesterday on our Archi kill, I received WF Gavel on my roll. I now use this + manno off-hand. Question is, is this setup better than non-wf edict? I would assume so because more spell power right?
    Yes Gavel + Manno offhand is bis for disc so its better then edict
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2016-05-24 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post

Yes Gavel + Manno offhand is bis for disc so its better then edict
    Oh, I thought Edict is BiS.

If anything I'd say IG is better than DSI for progress and vice versa for ranking. DSI still gives you a better stat value, but it might proc during stupid times (like in between marks in p3 Archi when there's nothing but low tank healing, making it somewhat unreliable during progress even though its proc rate is high). If there's constant raid damage then DSI>IG. I don't know why peopel are saying that popping IG and spamming PoH would be much superior to spamming PoH during DSI procs. During feast DSI should proc once anyway.
    Last edited by Overdispersion; 2016-05-24 at 01:04 PM.

Deleted
    I find having to much spirit a wasted stat tbh, for ranking i can understand and if u look at people in top ranks most also use IG and generally alot more spirit to spam PoH, at least last time i checked a few weeks ago. I dont do it myself as nowadays i mainly go on my shaman up to Manno/Archi and my Gift is also only heroic mode anyway. High healing and percentiles is fun, but not very into "ranking" as my guild doesnt really work for it

But for progress i feel a crit on use is not good for much? I know early progress people would use it on Gore durning feast. But nowadays i dont think having a crit proc is that great if u arent planning to spam PoH (wich you shouldnt do on progress). Crit comes after Mastery and Haste as its nice for the penance healing and such but rest its pretty "meh". I rather have a random int proc then a on use Crit i cant use for much durning progress is what im trying to say.

Well it's not "meh". Certainly not compared to DSI proc. Using 1int = 0.65crit (this was done using my own archi logs during prog so it may vary fight to fight) we get:
    IG use: 0.65*3323*15sec = 32399
    DSI proc: 1805*20sec = 36100

30% crit is a lot.

I am 11/13M and about to start Manno prog, there seems to be a split between the second trinket to use as far as IG/PoH and DSI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillo View Post
    Oh, I thought Edict is BiS.
    It is BiS. But in your case go with MH/OH cause WF.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    I don't know why peopel are saying that popping IG and spamming PoH would be much superior to spamming PoH during DSI procs.
    Because it is superior. You can't guarantee a DSI proc, whereas you can guarantee stacking Ring+PI+AA+IG+PoH spam. And regardless, I would take the extra DA from IG over the extra healing on PoH from DSI. IG is superior for parsing on short fights that you're underhealing.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    I am 11/13M and about to start Manno prog, there seems to be a split between the second trinket to use as far as IG/PoH and DSI
    If you're underhealing, and trying to parse on fights, go with IG+PoH spam. Otherwise use DSI.

Also, since you're doing progression, chances are you're going to be 3-4 healing fights. So you won't see as much benefit out of IG+PoH spam because most people that do that are 1-2 healing fights where you can get a significant amount of healing from PoH done, which also results in a large ring explosion too.

In the end, it really isn't going to matter that much. Try them both out for like 20 pulls each, see which one you do better with and prefer.

At this point, you're going to get a lot of arguments about which is better based on how much hps you do, which is largely influenced by the ridiculously fast kill times that everyone does now compared with progression and 1-2 healing every fight. You're going to see top parses for every fight using both trinkets. So try them both out, and see which works best for you.
    Last edited by Pearl1717; 2016-05-24 at 08:04 PM.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quick clarification, if the Touch of Harm target dies on MTyrant does the debuff jump to another player as if it were dispelled, or disappear.

Quick clarification, if the Touch of Harm target dies on MTyrant does the debuff jump to another player as if it were dispelled, or disappear.
    It will move to another target.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

How much do we value our 4 set and how much is it worth dropping other stats? My priest is my alt and I have failed to get a H tier chest on many occassions. I have the normal tier chest which would give me my 4 set, but right now I am using the H Iskar Crit/Multi "Raiment of the Divine Clarity" chest. Is it worth dropping the 15Ilevels for 4 set?

10+ Year Old Account
    How much do we value our 4 set and how much is it worth dropping other stats?
    Its decently strong, nothing like MW's, but still good. Stronger than w.e extra you're going to get from a 15 ilvl increase in chest piece, assuming you're making frequent use out of penance like you should be.

Is it worth dropping the 15Ilevels for 4 set?
    Yes.
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

So I was bored and I went back a few pages just to read some posts, and I am slightly confused about stat weights:

When reading back I noticed most people agreed Int>Mastery>Haste>Multi>Crit ect.., and that crit just recently jumped a small amount ahead of multi due to our 18 4pc. I was under the impression it was Int>mastery>Crit>Haste>Multi rather than Int>Mastery>Haste>Crit?

So what is the ACTUAL list of stats?

Also, Heroic Edict or Mythic Gore staff?
    Last edited by ryan11d7; 2016-06-10 at 08:38 PM.

The correct stat priority is Int > SP > Mastery > Haste > Crit > Multi > Vers
    Also in regards to any weapon SP > All, so unless that edict is WF or WF + Socket, then Gore staff is better.

Deleted
    Crit should be well below multi in a BiS setup and possibly behind vers now. Short fights, high IG on use uptime. haven't run the numbers but it'll be close. For a slightly outdated overview of stat weights take a look here;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-and-BiS-lists

I wish our class trinket wasn't so awful and actually useful on fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish our class trinket wasn't so awful and actually useful on fights.
    You're about a year late on complaining lol

So what theoretically provides more mana assuming you use Solace on CD. Mindbender or Solace?

I think I tried doing a quick calculation when I had a second but it seems off.

My mindbender attacked 33 times without raid buffs. It calculated to something like 39600 mana, where 6 solaces casted a minute provided something around 19200. I thought solace was supposed to be superior?

Deleted
    So what theoretically provides more mana assuming you use Solace on CD. Mindbender or Solace?

I think I tried doing a quick calculation when I had a second but it seems off.

My mindbender attacked 33 times without raid buffs. It calculated to something like 39600 mana, where 6 solaces casted a minute provided something around 19200. I thought solace was supposed to be superior?
    The way you are calculating is wrong, especially if you are doing it on a dummy. Mindbender can only be cast every 1 min and you are trying to compare it with 6 solace casts in a minute.

There is alot of things to take in consideration. Such as if you are playing mindbender you will be using holy fire on cd for evang stacks. Holy fire cost mana while solace doesnt. Solace also does abit of healing, while mindbender does more dps.

If you dont cast solace on cooldown its always lower then mindbender. Mindbender hits more often with higher haste levels and you can PI on every other Mindbender, wich gives more mana in return, but ofc higher haste levels also means casting faster and using more mana. The thing with casting solace on cooldown also means it cost a gcd every 10 secs, wich can be annoying at times when you actually wanted to cast something else instead or need to save your guildies and therefore miss a couple of solace casts.

In the end both are fine to use, and it comes down to preference and if you just use them right. Cast mindbender about 20 secs into the fight and then on cd and with PI when you can. Cast solace on cooldown to get most benefit from it.

Myself i prefer mindbender for the extra dps (wich was especially usefull on progress) and the fact i dont like the "forced" gcd usage every 10 secs.
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2016-07-02 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In most cases, MB is going to give more mana back, especially if you have a DP to make up for the HF mana cost. People who compare a perfect solace usage to MB are doing things wrong because the overwhelming majority of people have absolutely abysmal solace uptime. Most people have sub 50% which makes MB much superior in terms of mana return. Even with a solace uptime of 70% (which is pretty good) MB still gives more mana back. Its also easier for people who have poor AA uptime to cast MB once per minute vs solace 6 times per minute

Not to mention MB also adds a fair amount of dps as well. With the haste levels we have, and access to a stupidly powerful trinket (DP), MB is just superior to solace atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    Its also easier for people who have poor AA uptime to cast MB once per minute vs solace 6 times per minute
    Thats always one thing I've wondered, how does using MB help with AA uptime when your removing an ability (solace) which helps/forces you to use it off CD and as a sideeffect get Evangelism stacks?

Not disputing, legitimately I've always used Solace from day one and never made the switch (back in Highmaul/BRF with lower Haste values it was determined Solace was better, and just never changed through HFC prog), so if it does indeed help with Evang stacks I may look into it. For me, I've always had an issue with holding AA until 5, and I think thats an issue of mine.