Is FIFA 15 worth buying on PS3?

-I dont play video games at all much anymore
    -I often do some light-moderate cardio on my stationary bike infront of the TV playing FIFA 1v1 online games
    -I am currently using FIFA 13 on PS3 to do this but it is getting increasingly harder to find people to 1v1 against in online matchmaking.
    -I do NOT want to buy a PS4
    -Do you think its worth for me to purchase FIFA 15 on ps3 as to just get a bigger player base to 1v1 online with or will not many buy this for anything besides the newer consoles?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you enjoy football, i'd say yes, especially like you said FIFA 13 is deserted and FIFA 14 will get deserted when 15 is out.
    a bigger player base is especially nice with ultimate team, because it means a bigger market for cards.

I'm sure some people will have it for PS3, but I doubt there'll be a user base 2 years from now if you're going to keep it that long.

FIFA hasn't been worth buying since almost forever but if you really want to play against people online I guess you're going to have to buy the latest one

Deleted
    Well if players are hard to find on 13 right now, I won't give this game more than a year. So ask yourself this, do you want to play online for max. a year without much problems? Then I'd say yes get it. Otherwise just don't waste your money on it because it won't have a playerbase for long on the PS3.

There is a solid player base for the fifa games.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    FIFA hasn't been worth buying since almost forever but if you really want to play against people online I guess you're going to have to buy the latest one
    Not true, until Fifa14 I only had Fifa10...was still relatively easy to find a game in 2013 on Fifa10.

Any game is worth buying on the PS3 / PS4 as long you know about Game Share and go all Digital.
    Check out Stardale http://stardale.net
    Inspired by Minecraft procedural generation and Terraria 2D gameplay we go even further with procedural generated space and exploration. Start with almost nothing and work your way to launching rockets, satellites and even yourself into space, where a whole new set of adventures awaits you!

Deleted
    I don't understand why people buy almost the same game every year. There are only small changes between new edditions.... Maybe only to have actual teams?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IdeaLCenter View Post
    I don't understand why people buy almost the same game every year. There are only small changes between new edditions.... Maybe only to have actual teams?
    If you follow football, you'd understand.

Those that don't understand, need no explanation.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    If you follow football, you'd understand.

Those that don't understand, need no explanation.
    he's right though, i don't necessarly have a different experience going to 2013 to 2014. for both, i waited for some sort of sales (like in december) and bought it around half price (on PC) but i wish there were a system when if you own the previous instalment, the game would be half price, as a gesture for fidelity for instance.

But i don't see EA reducing their profit margin if the game sells already that well. Fifa 15 will be on christmas sales and half price for me, period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    he's right though, i don't necessarly have a different experience going to 2013 to 2014. for both, i waited for some sort of sales (like in december) and bought it around half price (on PC) but i wish there were a system when if you own the previous instalment, the game would be half price, as a gesture for fidelity for instance.

But i don't see EA reducing their profit margin if the game sells already that well. Fifa 15 will be on christmas sales and half price for me, period.
    Conceptually, yes, the games are the same. it's football. Football has a rule set.

Technology improves these games though, they change with each rendition and FIFA follows the real game closely keeping up with how the real game is changing. As we're seeing in the real world, football is far more focused on attacking in the modern game and FIFA 15's pace is faster than 14's even.

There aren't many choices for football games - PES or FIFA. FIFA owns the licencing and can use official grounds and players thus making it the only option in my opinion.

You could argue to a fan of some FPS series, RPG series - Why do they buy the sequel? The gameplay is practically running on the same engine, so why buy the same game with a few more mechanics and different story?

I like how the games follow the new football seasons. It keeps them up to date and fresh and also makes a hard reset on Ultimate team.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i regret not being able to play a national team on ultimate team though, outside the world cup edition.
    all it needs is national selection jersey and logo. only clubs are available.

PS: i don't play outside ultimate team.

I'm downloading the demo for this. I haven't played a FIFA game in a number of years. It's essentially an arcade game right? Personally I prefer something like Championship Manager but that has gone all mobile now.