Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    GPU every few years. I don't know when I'm going to upgrade my CPU, there is no reason to upgrade it for gaming yet.
    Also there were some rumors about the next gen intel processors still using DDR3 (not the extreme series that were just released).
    Probably going to upgrade my 2500k after about 2 years, then the performance jump is big enough.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Deleted
    my pc will be 5 years old and it can still play almost all the shit released today on high at 60 fps. funny thing is i don't even like eyecandy so i always turn all the settings down to low just to have the least amount of sparkling shit on my screen so i'll be using this computer until it dies (hopefully never).

there are no decent new games out there anyway. i can't even remember when was the last time i purchased a new game because everything looks shit. i download and try something new here and there but i always play it for like 5-10 minutes then delete it because it's shit.

I change Cpu and Mobo every 4-5 years, trying to buy a medium high processor. Last year i had Core 2 Duo E8400 until i bought an i5-4670. Since my budget isn't crazy, i try to stay around 800€ worth of hardware, exluding case and peripherals. At the end of the year i'll upgrade my Gpu and Psu (i don't want to burn another one) and i think i'll be set for another 4-5 years.

Just look around for discounted pieces and order them online. When i went to check stores around my town, i felt like they were trying to scam me....
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Built my current PC just before WoTLK launch, upgraded the GFX card about 2 years ago and added a bit more RAM last year. Still runs eveything I want it to run, sometimes not quite as smooth as I'd like but not so bad that I feel I have to upgrade. Will probably build a new PC in the next 2 years or so if anything comes out that just wont run on my current one.

GPU every 3-4 years, CPU every 4-6 years, specially if overclocked.

But it depend what you bought in the first place, budget stuff doesn't last as long.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Warrax View Post
    GPU every 3-4 years, CPU every 4-6 years, specially if overclocked.

But it depend what you bought in the first place, budget stuff doesn't last as long.
    It does sometimes...built the pc I mentioned in the above post for under £400 at the time and have spent another £150 on it in the 6 years since

We'll I can say that my current system with a I7 860 from 2009 q4, and 2010 q1 470 gtx don't hold up anymore. I can run diablo3 on all low settings with mostly 40-60 FPS inn co-op, and wow I just play on almost all low settings.

So if you ask me, Id say 3-4 years as standard, unless you bought a GG system.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    My pc is from 2006... Maybe its time I upgrade. Still plays wow decent enough. Can play Diablo 3 on pretty good settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the load times and framerate start to bother you, upgrade.

No schedule needed.