Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've come to discover that being happy and chirpy attracts people rather than sulking about and withdrawing because 'that's honest'.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little, those people that you can tell that are faking it, yes. But people that are actually truly happy, no, they can brighten up peoples days, it's a good thing.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    I feel like I'm abit of a downer. So when I see someone happy I just envy them. I wish I could be happy like that. I do enjoy being around happy people though. Their happiness tends to rub off. Atleast for a little while.

Anybody with the emotional range of an antacid tablet annoys me. Perma-happy or perma-pissy. Both aren't really all that pleasant to be around for an extended period of time. But somebody who is perma-happy is either forcing it, or they've got some really good shit going on. On the other hand, people who are perma-pissy tend to just be assholes.

I bet if you fake happiness it can make you happy. There's all kinds of strategies where you fake stuff and it winds up making you feel that way. Fake confidence too. The mind is a strange thing.

Yes, constantly happy people annoy me somewhat.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    It depends entirely on how "happy" the person is and how they present that to others. Believe it or not but it is quite possible to be obnoxiously cheerful.
    It's annoying only when it's fake. Natural happiness never annoyed me.

I dunno about "piss me off" but the kind that you could hit them with a bus and they'd smile and say it was meant to happen annoy the hell out of me.

nah, they don't. i'm only happy in short bursts, like if i just got some in a game that i wanted or something irl that i wanted or something good happens. until something good happens, i'm either neutral or mopey, i'm probably mopey more often than anything else. even so, other people's happiness doesn't bother me, unless they seem like they don't deserve it. like rappers and hiphop people.

Things are not always as they seem. Trying to remember a quote, something like "The saddest people wear the biggest smiles" or The saddest people smile the brightest". They probably seem to be happy all the time on the outside, but inside they are living in absolute misery. I can vouch for this being true, because it's exactly how I am.

Hate to post a link to the daily fail but it's relevant: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...epression.html

Recently deceased Robin Williams (RIP) is a good example too.

No, but with conditions. Assuming they don't do any of the following, then I'm fine with it:
    - Continuously try to make me happy/less depressed and get frustrated when they can't/never give up (and do it poorly)
    - Try to push how much better their lives are on others/brag about it
    - Pretend to be happy (all the time) but are actually not at all internally (unless it's pretty obvious, I have a hard time reading emotions and it annoys me when people mask theirs no matter what)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Why would a happy person piss me off? Happiness is a GOOD thing, it spreads to other people and we sure as hell need a lot more of it.

I'm a happy, optimistic person most of the time. Fairly sure I'd piss you off bad time OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends what mood I'm in. If I'm really annoyed, they're not helping at all, but if I'm positive it will affect me in a way that makes me happy.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

I'm generally neutral-faced and low energy so I'm often labelled as a Debbie Downer which kind of sucks. Now that the background is set: Only some types of happy people annoy me.

The genuinely happy people not so much but those seem to be a rarity around my area.

Then there's the polite happy. Polite happy are the people with the big grin and always try to maintain 100% good manner when you don't need to be so rigid and stiff around me.

Then for the last type to not add anymore text, those obviously fake happy people who try to pull off a "bigger than life" attitude. Those are the most annoying.

God i would hate to be so sad that other peoples happiness makes me angry.

Dude it really sucks to be you.

Yes. I really hate the ones who are always laughing about everything

15+ Year Old Account
    short answer: meh
    long answer: meh, i rarely give a shit

as long as they don´t try to push buttons and annoy me it´s my choice and i have better things to do, with all the conquer the world and enslave humanity stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I know people are usually pissed at me at work over it. I won't lie that I don't come in every day happy as hell. I got ups and downs. But I usually keep things in the perspective of being happy. It makes a lot of people think I am investigating or causing trouble just because I try to tell people to chill and relax.

A smile opens doors. You never know which door you'd like to open next, so keep on smiling.

I find people who are constantly grumpy and bitchy to be suspect and generally untrustworthy. They don't care about you and usually just try to avoid trouble and work.

Deleted
    Generally when i wake up yes, after i do so i tend to become more rational.

Ironically enough when i become more sleep deprived i'm more talkative and active.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    A smile opens doors. You never know which door you'd like to open next, so keep on smiling.

I find people who are constantly grumpy and bitchy to be suspect and generally untrustworthy. They don't care about you and usually just try to avoid trouble and work.
    Yes people that are constantly grumpy are annoying too. But there is that mood under happiness that 6ou can chill in is neither happy, angry, sad etc,its just existing
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate