Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Gladiator stance is top dps as I had previously speculated it would be.

Honestly, at lower levels, tanks do really strong dps. You can viably level as prot without gladiator stance.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Honestly, glad stance should be lower in the tier, yes, but as a whole spec? They already have problems making arms and fury different, making prot and gladstance different will be a nightmare.
    Actually, it seems to be one of the few successful changes and integration as far as class design is concerned. It flows exceptionally well and watch out if Recklessness and Rallying Cry find a way in along with any AOE buffs. That's how I feel, anyway. They can tune it independently through the stance itself too.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaeven View Post
    Plate tank in the group.
    Warrior dps in the group with gladiator talent.

I smell a vote kick happening soon.
    Prot and ret paladin in same group.

Both already fight over haste/mastery gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by PChaosWM View Post
    I agree with TC. Gladiator Stance should be available much earlier in the leveling process. My thought is that it should just be made into its own spec, but at the very least it should be a level 30 or 45 talent.
    Yea my beef with it is blizzard said some shit like "Warriors already had the tools to make glad stance possible" well hellfkingO Blood dps could still be a thing if they just made it happen...
    Druids got 4 specs yet cat/bear share a lot of the same core abilities
    Glad should be made into a 4th spec but IMO they seriously need to get arms/fury right first having a 3rd tacked on dps spec to work with also takes away from the attention that the other 2 dps options sorely needs
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Gonna be playing with Glad Stance on my warrior alt. Don't give a rat's ass about what people may think, kick me all you want, atleast I'll be having fun. I do agree that it should be 4th spec, though.

Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    Except Gladiator spec Warriors can't tank. That's like saying Shamans should be able to tank because they use shields... Oh wait, people DO say that. Blech.
    Except Shamans could actually tank at one point in time. I used to tank with my Shaman on alt runs in BC (super secret awesome rockbiter/totem combo to take Illidan's sheers for alt MT)

Quote Originally Posted by THoyt View Post
    Except Shamans could actually tank at one point in time. I used to tank with my Shaman on alt runs in BC (super secret awesome rockbiter/totem combo to take Illidan's sheers for alt MT)
    That's not tanking sorry, and lol@your raid not having a warrior tank for Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeyon View Post
    That's not tanking sorry, and lol@your raid not having a warrior OR PALADIN tank for Illidan.
    Fixed that for ya.

OT: If prot wasn't already so good below the level cap, I'd agree. Hopefully they just say "fuck it" and turn it into its own spec.

Also, anyone that boots a glad-dps because "dpsing in tank spec" is just an idiot. They will learn once enough people start telling them so. Sadly, some people will never catch on, or care.

Gladiator Warriors can tank perfectly fine, they just can't switch from DPS (Gladiator Stance) to tank (Defensive Stance) while in combat.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Help ol Gil Out View Post
    Actually, it seems to be one of the few successful changes and integration as far as class design is concerned. It flows exceptionally well and watch out if Recklessness and Rallying Cry find a way in along with any AOE buffs. That's how I feel, anyway. They can tune it independently through the stance itself too.
    It's not that it's unsuccessful. It definitely opens the gates for things like Blood DK dps, warlock tanking, ect without having to resort to a 4th spec, which is something they obviously do not want to do and have no intention of doing.

Really though, the only thing that changes as gladstance prot coming from reg. prot is shield block becomes shield charge, but serves as an offensive cycle CD rather than a defensive, you use heroic strike a lot more instead of shield barr. and you don't get revenge procs (not sure if revenge procs are in WoD, because I only tested dummies on the ptr.) It doesn't warrant another spec, just like how Blood DK dps, warlock tanking or say, a monk caster dps stylized around fire/chiji don't warrant 4th specs, but can be done for flavor or fun through other methods and still be viable.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaithor View Post
    Fixed that for ya.

OT: If prot wasn't already so good below the level cap, I'd agree. Hopefully they just say "fuck it" and turn it into its own spec.

Also, anyone that boots a glad-dps because "dpsing in tank spec" is just an idiot. They will learn once enough people start telling them so. Sadly, some people will never catch on, or care.
    It's a nightmare trying to explain it to random people when its brought up in like tradechat or ptr, or on forums.

I smell the fixed role.

So how is gladiator stance compared to other dps classes?

Also, i love the idea of dpsing with a shield and sure hope they just make it as a 4th spec. They could do that for dk's as well with blood pressence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I can already forsee that I'm going to be annoyed at sword & board warriors who say "I'm DPS!" Nah... get your ass into tanking stance, brah.
    It happens in the beta quite often, I assure you.
    "first spec dps please"
    "why do you have revenge??"
    "which is the tank now?"
    (btw I usually top chars with it and it's fun)

Reactions are funny. People will stop it once it becomes common knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaeven View Post
    Plate tank in the group.
    Warrior dps in the group with gladiator talent.
    Well, plate is shared amongst ALL who can wear it. Plate DPS and even holy paladins use that. You can kick like 1/4 of any group. The only real competition between prot dps and prot tank is the nonplate gear pieces with extra armor & weapons: rings, trinks, neck, back, shield+weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Gladiator Warriors can tank perfectly fine, they just can't switch from DPS (Gladiator Stance) to tank (Defensive Stance) while in combat.
    True. Also, we can drop a mocking banner & taunts and stay alive fairly long with shieldwall, last stand and VR if the tank dies. I've saved several wipes with that.
    Last edited by Zka; 2014-09-23 at 08:47 AM.

I play a hunter. As you may or may not know, hunters are fucked for pvp in WoD, far far from being as OP at 1v1 and wpvp as they were in MoP, so I didn't know to what should I reroll to. I was undecided between ret paladin and gladiator warrior until I saw Swifty's vid. Fuck it, gladiator warrior it is, already had a prot warr at 90 and who has the TBC s3 set and Illidan's bullwark, so it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    No they can't, they can't taunt, they can't generate or hold threat, and they're missing all of the survival buffs from protection stance.

If you ever try to tank while in Gladiator Stance you're doing everything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    No they can't, they can't taunt, they can't generate or hold threat, and they're missing all of the survival buffs from protection stance.

If you ever try to tank while in Gladiator Stance you're doing everything wrong.
    Maybe you should read what you're quoting before you reply.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    If Gladiator Stance works out well, I can see them replacing the talent with something else and just making Gladiator Stance replace Battle Stance at around level 10-15.

It won't become a fourth spec until the next expansion, though... Or at least, I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Honestly, at lower levels, tanks do really strong dps. You can viably level as prot without gladiator stance.
    Base ability damage and vengeance are going away (these two things are the current reason behind tanks being OP at low levels).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.