View Poll Results: Is it unethical to sell flying mounts without a disclaimer flying is gone?

Voters
650. This poll is closed
  • Yes

157 24.15%
  • no

493 75.85%
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Ordinator View Post
    Flying in relevant content, where most players play, is more than likely permanently gone in less that 60 days. Is it unethical to sell flying mounts without a disclaimer to players who have no idea this change is happening?
    Would it not make more sense to attempt that line of debate using the dread raven mount [as the example] since that is a flying mount directly connected to WoD?

The answer to your stated question: Probably not.

They're making it so you can use all flying mounts as ground mounts in WoD, so a disclaimer is not needed.

Deleted
    I have no camp Jaylock.

- - - Updated - - -

It must be me, i mostly play in the current expansion. Other than going to stormwind or orgimar for AH, I have little business in the old world.
    So ur lack of the use of flying makes u think it's unethical to sell flying mounts without a disclaimer. Sooooo... "warning, don't buy this flying mount if u don't fly alot". This thread will go places.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no camp Jaylock.

- - - Updated - - -

It must be me, i mostly play in the current expansion. Other than going to stormwind or orgimar for AH, I have little business in the old world.
    So making a thread inferring Blizzard is unethical for selling flying mounts when flying is disabled in Draenor is the natural way to show your displeasure right?

There is still going to be tons of stuff to do in Draenor, tons of places to explore, tons of hidden secrets to find, you just will be doing it by ground mounts now. And guess what, you are not at a disadvantage at all, because EVERYONE will be grounded! It will be fair still. Its not like Blizz is saying, "all horde characters will be grounded but Alliance players will be able to fly at 150% speed."

Somehow I think that people who are pro-flight in Draenor think that way, that somehow they will be at a disadvantage because they cant fly, which is absolutely silly.

Deleted
    Flying in relevant content, where most players play, is more than likely permanently gone in less that 60 days. Is it unethical to sell flying mounts without a disclaimer to players who have no idea this change is happening?
    theres a disclaimer and all flying mounts are being made usable as ground mounts so no

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Yeah. So are raidboosts, gear, farmville, etc. Etc. Etc. Everything is obsolete in 60 days. Do we really need another qq thread on flying? Holy shit its just 1 continent, get over it.
    We also haven't been able to fly on the most recent and played parts of the game for a year and a half. People should be used to it by now.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Still, not unethical. The game has limitations and restrictions to provide the best possible gaming experience for their fans possible. The store bought mounts change depending on where you are using it. You can still ride them all on the ground, and all of them have the ability to fly in many areas of the game as well! (added bonus)
    I get that, It still does not change the fact people are currently buying mounts to fly in WoD. They are unaware any change is happening.

You can still ride them on the ground in Draenor. Is is really that hard to be informed?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotInTheFace0 View Post
    They're making it so you can use all flying mounts as ground mounts in WoD, so a disclaimer is not needed.
    Using the Dread Raven as a ground mount as an example would not let you "Swoop down from the dark night skies" though.. granted you could jump over the side of a mountain to achieve that.

Not a pro or anti flying question. It is a business question.

Those other services you mentioned are not being removed.

People who have been buying mounts for years and years have an expectation they will be able to fly in the area they play.
    If you are looking at it flying isn't being removed either. You can fly everywhere you can now. You just can't fly in a new area. Which is the exact same model they went with on Timeless Isle and Isle of Thunder, so this isn't a new thing.

No it isn't "unethical" to sell the flying mounts on the Blizzard Store. I never bought a mount because it could fly or not.

I think it's shitty of them. I personally don't buy mounts, but it's ludicrous to think that "oh they can walk too" is a reasonable solution. Can't wait to see all of the giant winged creatures derping around on the ground for no explicable reason.

Clarity is important. It'd be very beneficial for Blizzard to be crystal clear when selling expensive in-game items. They're a business and a very influential one and so more people should be applying pressure to ensure that they're operating ethically.

I get that, It still does not change the fact people are currently buying mounts to fly in WoD. They are unaware any change is happening.
    If somebody is willing to spend extra money on a mount and go out of their way to do it, it is highly unlikely they do not know what is on the table for WoD. People that are coming back after a year or more off might be surprised anybody else has been conditioned towards this and almost certainly has heard about it dozens of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So making a thread inferring Blizzard is unethical for selling flying mounts when flying is disabled in Draenor is the natural way to show your displeasure right?

There is still going to be tons of stuff to do in Draenor, tons of places to explore, tons of hidden secrets to find, you just will be doing it by ground mounts now. And guess what, you are not at a disadvantage at all, because EVERYONE will be grounded! It will be fair still. Its not like Blizz is saying, "all horde characters will be grounded but Alliance players will be able to fly at 150% speed."

Somehow I think that people who are pro-flight in Draenor think that way, that somehow they will be at a disadvantage because they cant fly, which is absolutely silly.
    This is not a pro flight or anti flight thread.

It is a thread asking if it is ethical to sell uninformed people flying mounts that shortly cannot fly.

Deleted
    Yeah. First thing I do when buying a mount is think about the next expansion to use it in. Since I never payed any interest in the expansion. Otherwise I would've known I could not fly. Your logic blows.

10+ Year Old Account
    No - because the mount tooltips clearly state that the functionality/speed etc of the mounts change based on where you're at, which is in fact a disclaimer.

/thread
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If somebody is willing to spend extra money on a mount and go out of their way to do it, it is highly unlikely they do not know what is on the table for WoD. People that are coming back after a year or more off might be surprised anybody else has been conditioned towards this and almost certainly has heard about it dozens of times.
    As my friends are looking to come back for the expansion, I ask them what they think about not flying any longer. Most do not believe what i am telling them.

I recently subscribed again to get my shit in order for the expansion. When I asked my guildies in vent what they thought about flight being removed they asked me what i am talking about.

People are buying mounts thinking they will be able to buy flying at 100. Should they be fore warned flying will not be happening?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I question that.

I think plenty of people are unaware there is even a potential situation of no flying past max level (never mind past 6.1) I think there are plenty of people unaware of a stat squish.

I think however most people can click an in game button and know it is there

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    wow, people are really really realllllllly bored

is the "no flying on dreanor" rule a bit of a hassle? yes
    does it take time to adjust? yes
    is it a minor inconvenient? yup

but i dont understand why some people are seriously butthurt about it
    It doesn't even take time to adjust. If you have been playing in current content for the last 1.5 years you are used to not flying in current content. People have adjusted they are just so freaked out when they read something they don't realize that it has already happened.