Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    the removal of symbiosis damage reduction cd, leaves me wanting more. Barkskin in its current itteration doesn't feel strong enough.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    Are you for real? What does it have to do with dps? Instead of channeling AC for a couple of seconds (up to 5), you instead have an instant cast that puts you into solar no matter what. How the hell is that in any way breaking the dps? For sure it can be tuned, in a dozen of ways even. It can have a longer cooldown, or it can put you in the middle of the bar starting towards solar (since putting you at solar peak starting towards lunar sounds so OP to you). The point would be to have sunfire available.

If the damage of moonkins is high, then that is a different problem with a different solution. This would solely be a quality of change in my eyes (a pretty big one too), pls don't mix the two up. If we can already control the bar in a weird way, this would only make it so that we won't have to AC for 5 seconds every other try just because the fight didn't line up with our bar. If you prefer to channel AC for several seconds, I don't know what to say really. But I assure you, that AC offers 0 dps for the duration of the channel, and any class can do better than that aoe wise, so I really don't see what's so OP about it. Single target wise this wouldn't offer anything, it would be a waste of a global cooldown.

Sometimes I wonder if I should post on these forums again, since some of you really enjoy killing any suggestion without providing any rational thoughts to back it up...
    Pushing us into max solar at key AOE moments would put our damage over the top. If you want this change, our dps would have to be reduced elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    Pushing us into max solar at key AOE moments would put our AOE damage over the top. If you want this change, our AOE dps would have to be reduced elsewhere.
    There, fixed it for you.

Imo it would be an easy fix - since Starfall is so ridiculous for spread AOE right now. I think Darlissa is talking about those niche cases where you have 5+ adds grouped up that need to be aoe'ed down quickly and you are nowhere near solar eclipse. There are a few possibilities outside of changing AC:

1. If the adds come out on a specific timer you can AC earlier in the fight during downtime so that your eclipse lines up better for the add phase. This is probably still a dps loss but possibly less of a loss than AC'ing right before the adds need to be bursted down

2. You can save CA for the adds but because the cooldown on CA is 3 minutes (less with set bonus possibly) this would only work for some add phases

Frankly I would love a new spell called "Celestial Recall" which would work similar to the mage Alter Time but with Eclipse positioning. When you hit the spell the first time it notes where on your eclipse bar you are. When you hit it again later in the fight you are returned to that exact eclipse position, facing the same direction. Give it a longish cooldown - 1.5 to 2 minutes.