Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Just because you don't understand why they haven't implemented it yet doesn't mean they're trying to pull a fast one on you.
    It's been two years. That is an extremely long time for a task like that.

For those asking why I would want an offline feature or to just ignore people, it's nice being on an alt where you can just game alone in privacy.

If you REALLY REALLY want to appear offline, it's very easy to do. All you have to do is connect to the game, then while you're on the character select screen, tell your firewall or router to block port 1119. Then log into your toon. You will be in game but if you open your friends list you'll get "battle.net is unavailable" and noone will be able to see you online. Of course, guild chat will still show you log on. And anyone that has you on the old fashioned WOW character friend list will be able to see you. But noone on battle.net will be able to.

Make sure that you keep 1119 open until you're at the character select screen. If it's blocked before then you won't be able to connect. I THINK that 1119 TCP is all you need to block. To be safe you can block UDP too.
    I'm really mad I never thought of this or that I wasn't told sooner, thank you sir.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    I dont get it. Why would you want to appear offline?
    If I dont want to play with people on my btag I tell them or remove them if they annoy me.
    Sometimes, I'm in a mood where I do not want to talk to ANYONE. Not a guildie, not a friend, no one. I wanna be completely alone without anyone randomly whispering me. I really don't think removing everyone from the friend list and gquitting for couple of hours would be the solution for that, though.