7+ Year Old Account

Why Is There Not More of a Push for Drug Patches?

First off, there is no worse smell in the world for me (save for rotting meat or eggs) than some cigarette or marijuana joint being lit up in public as I am walking by, then having the fumes permeate the air around me with a disgusting smell.

Why the person in question chooses to use the drug is not the topic of discussion here, but I am wondering why, if one has adopted smoking as part of his or her lifestyle, there is not a bigger push by tobacco companies or companies who sell marijuana to attain/create drug patches of sort that retain the high gotten from smoking but without the fumes being blown out into the air as a side-effect. Granted, at least for tobacco cigarettes, patches are more of a way to quit smoking, but still: wouldn't it just make people, like me, happier, while ensuring those who use their products aren't losing out on the quality?

Maybe there is some science behind why this isn't as effective as smoking, but I haven't seen anything about it. I just wish that, since I live in California, there was some sort of marijuana drug patch that one could just apply to their skin to get the high effect, since I constantly see marijuana smokers as I walk to and fro from work everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

That's kind of like saying you'd rather them inject the nicotine straight into their bloodstream. It's a little extreme and their user base probably wouldn't like it.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    First off, there is no worse smell in the world for me (save for rotting meat or eggs) than some cigarette or marijuana joint being lit up in public as I am walking by, then having the fumes permeate the air around me with a disgusting smell.
    Get over it, dude.

Just move on with your life and don't get bothered over some smoke fumes.

i also think hugely profitable companies should cater to my personal tastes despite not being one of their customers

good shit OP, all my upboats!

I don't think I've ever heard someone compare the smell of pot to rotting flesh. Obviously you're very prude because if you would ask anyone who smokes either substance they will tell you the sensation of smoking is half the fun. Why do you think vaporizers are exploding in popularity? Less harmful and pleasurable like smoke. E-cigarettes didn't take off because there was nothing else out there... patches have been widely available for as long as I can remember.

In what kind of area do you live in...? You would literally have to be in a dense area near the source with little legal supervision for the smell of pot to be a daily concern...

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneo View Post
    I don't think I've ever heard someone compare the smell of pot to rotting flesh. Obviously you're very prude because if you would ask anyone who smokes either substance they will tell you the sensation of smoking is half the fun. Why do you think vaporizers are exploding in popularity? Less harmful and pleasurable like smoke. E-cigarettes didn't take off because there was nothing else out there... patches have been widely available for as long as I can remember.

In what kind of area do you live in...? You would literally have to be in a dense area near the source with little legal supervision for the smell of pot to be a daily concern...
    Isn't pot legal in cali? That's where his location says.

Crusty the Clown was pretty much covered in nicotine patches.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Do you also want to fire RPGs at cars or trucks that pass by you? They are causing the same amount, if not more, harm.

Get over it.
    Call me Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    Maybe there is some science behind why this isn't as effective as smoking, but I haven't seen anything about it. I just wish that, since I live in California, there was some sort of marijuana drug patch that one could just apply to their skin to get the high effect, since I constantly see marijuana smokers as I walk to and fro from work everyday.
    Marijuana patches would be difficult and likely expensive to make as, unlike nicotine, the active components of marijuana aren't readily absorbable through the skin.

You can however can get it via foods. Every dispensary in California has edibles.

The reason some people don't like them is they have a completely different effect than smoking it does and it's harder to control your dosage. And, some people like the taste of smoked marijuana. Of course, there's also the novelty of being able to smoke it openly and not go to jail for it. Smoking a joint on the street in CA is way to say "effa you!" to the Federal government and prohibitionists.
    Last edited by Ecwfrk; 2014-09-23 at 03:21 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecwfrk View Post
    Marijuana patches would be difficult and likely expensive to make as, unlike nicotine, the active components of marijuana aren't readily absorbable through the skin.

You can however can get it via foods. Every dispensary in California has edibles.

The reason some people don't like them is they have a completely different effect than smoking it does and it's harder to control your dosage. And, some people like the taste of smoked marijuana. Of course, there's also the novelty of being able to smoke it openly and not go to jail for it. Smoking a joint on the street in CA is way to say "effa you!" to the Federal government and prohibitionists.
    I find this answer reasonably sound enough to my question. Thanks, Ecwfrk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

There are smokeless pot options. The candies and baked goods (pardon the pun) are quite popular.