I do agree with the OP in that it is a stupid, unfunny and overused joke
    Retired hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    I do agree with the OP in that it is a stupid, unfunny and overused joke
    Nope, it will never get old!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghraxxus View Post
    outside of the tired old bad joke why in the hell would a hunter want spell haste from a sporebat...seriously!
    I might be wrong but AFAIK, RPPM trinkets use your highest haste which is .. spell haste thanks to the 5% buff. Exception is when you are under Rapid Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogz View Post
    I might be wrong but AFAIK, RPPM trinkets use your highest haste which is .. spell haste thanks to the 5% buff. Exception is when you are under Rapid Fire.
    ...except that this isn't ToT anymore?
    Retired hunter

You can use a hyena for melee hate instead of a serpent. People recommend the ground-based serpents sometimes because of pet pathing issues, but I haven't noticed that with a hyena, just wind serpents, which is an altogether different (de)buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What a horrible answer. Your group doesn't get the buff from the hunter's pet when he's on the belt. So, unless it's a buff to benefit the other person on the belts, it doesn't really matter.
    Firstly, not all hunters go on belts....
    Secondly if said hunter is soloing the belt, then yes, use what benifits the hunter the best (eg spirit beast)...
    and thirdly, there is lots of different strats to said fight, I just gave the most common answer. There is allot of better suggestions given already in this thread, and I dont see your masterfull insight on topic here except the last line which states "it doesnt really matter." <--- Now that is a horrible answer.

Except a spirit beast will never be the most beneficial pet for a hunter on belts. All damage on the belt is 100% completely avoidable, allowing you to heal to full with just spirit bond from any damage you take while running on the main platform. Not to mention, the spirit beast provides the same buff as Blessing of Might, which you should have (and doesn't fall off due to range).

Even if you didn't have access to Might, mastery isn't the best buff to have, melee haste is, if you had neither.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Except a spirit beast will never be the most beneficial pet for a hunter on belts. All damage on the belt is 100% completely avoidable, allowing you to heal to full with just spirit bond from any damage you take while running on the main platform. Not to mention, the spirit beast provides the same buff as Blessing of Might, which you should have (and doesn't fall off due to range).

Even if you didn't have access to Might, mastery isn't the best buff to have, melee haste is, if you had neither.
    Now see that is a great answer. So I am wrong with the Spirit beast, I am sorry for spreading misinformation on that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Clearly the right answer is devilsaur. stampy feets.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

As others have noted, use pets that fit what your belt group is going to need. I brought mastery, so I did spirit beasts for the additional heal (our melee are retarded when it comes to mines hitting them).

As for pet management, especially if you bring spirit beasts, I would recommend bringing four of the pets and cycling between them each belt. Right now, before 6.0, each spirit beast will have its own heal and rabid refreshed when you call a new pet. Depending on your strategy for getting onto the belt (either disengage every even belt or jumping onto the lip of the pipe and disengaging from there every even belt), you will need to dismiss a pet. And no matter whether you are doing a mine or missile strat, you are going to have to deal with weapons that are first on the belt and you will want to dismiss and call quickly to prevent the pet getting stuck outside of the belt. This takes practice to get right.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Serpent if it's just the two of you. If he wants to be super keen, get 3 serpents for attack speed buff and cycle them every belt for 100% rabid uptime.
    This was what I did when we killed it.

The major reason to use Serpents is because they don't lose attacks when used with Stampede. This makes your stampede damage reliable every time. On 10 man heroic a reliable stampede is all you need to solo a belt, you won't even need a trinket proc.

My advice, get 3 Serpents so you can rotate them for new Rabid's on each belt, Glyph for Stampede and your good to go. Don't even pay any attention to what other buffs/debuffs other classes are bringing on 10/25 man, just think of them as a bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyboy View Post
    The major reason to use Serpents is because they don't lose attacks when used with Stampede. This makes your stampede damage reliable every time. On 10 man heroic a reliable stampede is all you need to solo a belt, you won't even need a trinket proc.

My advice, get 3 Serpents so you can rotate them for new Rabid's on each belt, Glyph for Stampede and your good to go. Don't even pay any attention to what other buffs/debuffs other classes are bringing on 10/25 man, just think of them as a bonus.
    This. I was suggested to use serpents (the ones that slither, not float), and it worked wondrously when it comes to autoattack uptime unlike times when I had to use sporebat/floating serpent. Their attack speed buff was a massive benefit to me as well since our strat involves Blackfuse tanked on the other side of the belt so I did not benefit from the rogue/dk attack speed aura.

Spirit Bond is also more than enough. As chances are if you got hit before, you'll be near topped off by that talent alone when you get off the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghraxxus View Post
    outside of the tired old bad joke why in the hell would a hunter want spell haste from a sporebat...seriously! is ur raid putting casters on belts now? Ppl suggest serpents for belts, what's wrong with hyenas?
    In case you didnt know yet casters are very viable for example shadow priests.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

When I was a 10 man on progression (before soloing a belts was really a thing past the 2nd belt), we used to send up a warlock permanently on the belt with me. He Eye of Kilrogged up to the belt, once the boss was pulled, put down his portal, gg.

They may have fixed that since January though.

ITT: people who don't understand the belts.

Rotate ground based serpents: They have 100% uptime due to other pets having potential pathing issues on the belts and provide you with the phys haste buff which you both use. You should have no problem soloing the first 2 belts with this (Belt 1 = prepot + trinkets, Belt 2 = Stampede+Rapid Fire) and gives your ww monk some time to ramp up on the boss.

Spirit beast is not needed if you're hunter knows how to deterrence through flames.

See this thread/post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post27682568
    Last edited by Teucer; 2014-09-24 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    Two words
    Spirit beast if you are BM.That thing save my life many many times till i`m at platform and eating random damage

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    I just gave the most common answer. Now that is a horrible answer.
    No, you didn't. Ironically enough, for someone poking at elitists in your earlier post, you were being surprisingly elitist in your attitude. Better answers were given about the serpents and spirit beasts. All you did was invoking old overused joke that isn't even funny anymore. Ten you tried to insult the OP and pretend to be gracious enough to give him your advice... which was a a lot of text that said absolutely nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    No, you didn't. Ironically enough, for someone poking at elitists in your earlier post, you were being surprisingly elitist in your attitude. Better answers were given about the serpents and spirit beasts. All you did was invoking old overused joke that isn't even funny anymore. Ten you tried to insult the OP and pretend to be gracious enough to give him your advice... which was a a lot of text that said absolutely nothing.
    Ok kindly point me to where I envoked that joke?
    Take your silly comment and shuff it where the sun doesnt shine. If you bothered to read all the posts you would have seen that I did apoligise and pointed out that there was other that gave a better answer. Go back to picking your nose in your corner, from where you just came to try and look smart.

Core Hound so he can choose when to lust
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.