Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Not vaccinating one's children is a choice that people should not be given. It's a difficult one to argue though, because if a parent genuinely believes that vaccinating their child will endanger that child, no matter how misguided that belief is, it is still rational that they fight tooth and nail for what they perceive is best for their children.
    That shouldn't really be a problem though. I can firmly believe that an invisible man told me to kill you, but I'd still be forcefully removed from society if I did it. So should it be for vaccinations. You can firmly believe they're harmful all you want, but if the doctors believe your child is not at risk for complications, they're getting vaccinated regardless of your beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I fail to see how co-sleeping is comparable in any way, shape or form to anti-vax
    It is a behavior with an increased and unnecessary risk to the child and unadvised by all respected authorities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    There are devices that are kind of like half bassinets taht are made to go in the bed to allow co-sleeping without the risk of rolling on top of the little one. The people that you mention though are basically ignorant, misinformed, coddlers that will have demon spawn that suck the souls out of people...

Well Thats a bits different, thats a physical device forming a barrier, I think thats probably alright. Th person in question is 250 pounds and uses a pillow between her and her child, pretty sure a roll in a deep sleep would get her over the pillow and on that child.

ANd its possible that nothing will ever happen, but why take a risk like this? A bassinet next to the bed is fine for access.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    my moms care giver was telling me just the other day she has a sister that was a co-sleeper and her boyfriend rolled over and killed their child. It was actually the first time I had ever heard of it.
    For some reason in Milwaukee WI, there seems to be some sort of co-sleeping death epidemic. Like the people up there are killing 4-5 kids a year in their sleep.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Ah i forgot america is overweight, no wonder co-sleeping isn't recommended here. In a place where we were underweight we could fit 4 in a full sized bed w/o being crushed/smothered to death. Biggest complaint was from parents sore from kicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    Co-sleeping and anti-vaxer is not even close to the same thing.
    I never said they were the same, did not even compare them, I am looking at the behaviors that drive parents to do thing with/for their child which are known to be less safe than the alternatives(vaxing and cribs/bed side bassinet).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Tell your wife to mind her business. It's really none of her concern.
    Actually YOU are telling ME to mind my business. MY wife doesn't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    It's not your life or your kids so.... don't worry about it?

Also, I'm pretty sure co-sleeping with children is as old as the human race itself. I dunno what "documentation" you've been reading.
    http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...8/5/e1341.full

Just studies put out by the American Academy of Pediatrics, but what do they know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    Your wifes friend is an idiot.
    I can see the discussion now: "Mommy why do I have measals?"
    "because god loves you hunny!"

ROFL
    I concluded this a few year backs, my wife was upset as shit when I said it. I think she is starting to see what I saw. She also breast feeds until the child "is ready to stop" her son is 4 no signs of stopping....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

As for co-sleeping: If you've never been a parent you might not understand. It's in our nature to want to be close to our offspring. In days gone by it was more than likely necessary for survival due to the need to keep warm. That being said, in modern society it's probably not the wisest choice for a number of reasons. But unlike the vaccination debate, I believe that this is one that should be left up to the parents involved to decide.
    I am a parent and about to be again...that sounds odd(child 2 on the way). Room sharing is fine and recommended, bed sharing is not. Its a risk thing, do you want to risk smothering your child to "feel closer" they sell bassinets that line up with the bed but do not allow you to roll over and crush your kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    It's not your life or your kids so.... don't worry about it?

Also, I'm pretty sure co-sleeping with children is as old as the human race itself. I dunno what "documentation" you've been reading.
    Slavery is also as old as the human race. Just because we did it when we still believed the sun was a god that needed blood sacrifice to appease, doesn't mean it's what we should be doing now that we are a somewhat more enlightened society.

And I'll worry about the well being of children when I have to deal with parents raising them to be stupid fucking twats just like themselves, sucking up the finite resources on the planet my children have to share with them.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2014-09-23 at 05:16 PM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.