Thread: Diablo 4

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Diablo 4

How do you think.. will there be Diablo 4, and when it can be created? What features you'd like to see in it?

Diablo was release on 1996 , Diablo II was released in 2000, Diablo III was released in 2012.

12 years again? Dunno. I think they will probably be doing expansions rather than release Diablo 4. It will be quite a time in my opinion. Maybe when new technology is available?
    Last edited by Lucifer Morningstar; 2014-09-23 at 12:56 PM.

Deleted
    The current Diablo 3 may as well be Diablo 4.

Comparing the current game to it's original launch is just so extreme.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    10 years again? Dunno. I think they will probably be doing expansions rather than release Diablo 4. It will be quite a time in my opinion. Maybe when new technology is available?
    I don't see 10 years between this time, and there is definately at least one and likely 2-3 more expansions coming for Diablo 3. With that said, I'd expect Diablo 4 in prolly 3-5 years.

IF there is a Diablo 4 I'd very much like to have a dynamic camera in that one. Whilst iconic, the fixed camera in D3 is immensely frustrating now that I've grown used to being able to adjust the camera freely in most other games. I've been trying to find mods that will "unlock" the camera, such as came to Neverwinter Nights or Dungeon Siege, but alas I suspect the D3 engine just won't allow it...

Quote Originally Posted by Waezlur View Post
    IF there is a Diablo 4 I'd very much like to have a dynamic camera in that one. Whilst iconic, the fixed camera in D3 is immensely frustrating now that I've grown used to being able to adjust the camera freely in most other games. I've been trying to find mods that will "unlock" the camera, such as came to Neverwinter Nights or Dungeon Siege, but alas I suspect the D3 engine just won't allow it...
    I honestly do not see why people have such a big deal over the camera, when the camera is actually set perfectly.

You see what you need to see and you are SUPPOSED to have those "oh shit" moments where there was a nasty Elite/Champ pack just off screen.

I hope they never give Diablo a dynamic camera, it would ruin the feel of the game.

Also...modding the game to unlock your camera will likely get your account banned. Just saying....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNewsEveryone View Post

The difference between D2:LoD and original D2 was also quite extreme.
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I honestly do not see why people have such a big deal over the camera, when the camera is actually set perfectly.

You see what you need to see and you are SUPPOSED to have those "oh shit" moments where there was a nasty Elite/Champ pack just off screen.

I hope they never give Diablo a dynamic camera, it would ruin the feel of the game.

Also...modding the game to unlock your camera will likely get your account banned. Just saying....
    Ruin the game for you maybe but I hope they go the 3rd person route with D4 and more it more like Dynasty Warriors with 3D platformer and obstacles and a more-defined world.

3rd person dungeon crawlers work well and I'd like to see Blizzard take a stab at it. Going the isometric route again would be pretty fucking stale to be honest. Time to shake shit up!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Ruin the game for you maybe but I hope they go the 3rd person route with D4 and more it more like Dynasty Warriors with 3D platformer and obstacles and a more-defined world.

3rd person dungeon crawlers work well and I'd like to see Blizzard take a stab at it. Going the isometric route again would be pretty fucking stale to be honest. Time to shake shit up!
    They could just give the option of a dynamic camera instead of forcing it down. I have no issue with the camera but a dynasty warrior worldish would be nice. Granted I think D3 is fine but it is interesting what features Diablo III could get as expansions come by.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Yeah, Free camera can be very intersting but.. it also have disadvantages to game itself, because:
    - they need to create walls, textures,3D objects and other stuff which now they don't have to do, because they are hidden from our view.
    - it will need more PC power, as polygons count will be higher.

So.. free camera means: more cost to create, more work, and stronger PC to play.

Diablo 4 isn't going to happen. Diablo series ends in the next expansion for D3.

Here is what I posted the other day.

Notice something missing from D3, even though we have demons and angels? A God(s)? Anu - Was everything, good and evil, Light and Dark.

What does the Black Soulstone do? Absorbs Angels and Demons. Can you guess a being with Angelic and Demonic Powers? You guessed it. The Nephlem. Can you guess what the Nephlem of our story does? Absorbs the BlackSoul Stone and becomes Anu reborn, ending the Eternal Conflict once and for all.

Not hard to guess honestly.
    RoS hints at this extremely well and if you know the Lore behind your character, then like I said, not hard to guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can the Nephalem absorb the Black Soulstone when it was destroyed after the fight with Malthael? It was clearly stated that Diablo was released because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Diablo 4 isn't going to happen. Diablo series ends in the next expansion for D3.

Here is what I posted the other day.

RoS hints at this extremely well and if you know the Lore behind your character, then like I said, not hard to guess.
    Firstly, lore can be invented. If Blizzard want to make D4, the lore isn't going to hold them back.

Secondly, that's really flimsy logic. In addition, the eternal conflict isn't going to end with D3. It just won't. It'd be like a WoW expansion where the Horde gets completely wiped out, or a StarCraft expansion where the Protoss are all killed. It isn't going to happen because it kills the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    How can the Nephalem absorb the Black Soulstone when it was destroyed after the fight with Malthael? It was clearly stated that Diablo was released because of this.
    Soulstone wasn't completely destroyed or annihilated. You can clearly see pieces fall to Sanctuary, in the cut scence. Notice how Mathael shatters it to a quite few of pieces. Secondly, ALL the Evils were in the Soulstone, not just Diablo. So how was it that Diablo was just released, as Tyrael says?

The Primes evils will do the job of sealing the Angels for you. You seal the Prime Evils, and then take on the Soulstone for yourself, becoming Anu reborn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Firstly, lore can be invented. If Blizzard want to make D4, the lore isn't going to hold them back.

Secondly, that's really flimsy logic. In addition, the eternal conflict isn't going to end with D3. It just won't. It'd be like a WoW expansion where the Horde gets completely wiped out, or a StarCraft expansion where the Protoss are all killed. It isn't going to happen because it kills the story.
    All great things come to an end. I'd say you are the one with flimsy logic.
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Secondly, ALL the Evils were in the Soulstone, not just Diablo. So how was it that Diablo was just released, as Tyrael says?
    I can't remember if it was a tweet or a blue post, but it was on Diablofans at some point. Blizzard said that it's the combined Prime Evil Diablo that was released, not the individual Evils. They're all still merged into Diablo.

I can't remember if it was a tweet or a blue post, but it was on Diablofans at some point. Blizzard said that it's the combined Prime Evil Diablo that was released, not the individual Evils. They're all still merged into Diablo.
    If you look at the Wiki, it says the Mathael became THE Prime Evil, which is all the Evils into one being or Tathamet. If Diablo was released, then so were the other Evils. Unless it's a mess up, and it meant Tathamet was released. If that is the case, then that makes it even easier for my idea.

Tathamet seals the Angels into a fragment and then you seal Tathamet again. It writes itself.

Quote Originally Posted by IdeaLCenter View Post
    How do you think.. will there be Diablo 4, and when it can be created? What features you'd like to see in it?
    RMAH, nothing else keeps this kind of game alive for longer period.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you look at the Wiki, it says the Mathael became THE Prime Evil, which is all the Evils into one being or Tathamet. If Diablo was released, then so were the other Evils. Unless it's a mess up, and it meant Tathamet was released. If that is the case, then that makes it even easier for my idea.
    http://www.diablofans.com/news/48075...tream-gambling

Here you go.

Check the story/lore section of this.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Malthael had the Power of the Prime Evils in him after consuming the Black Soulstone (to be able to defeat the Nephalem), not being possessed by them but rather him being able to channel their powers.
    After the death of Malthael, the combined Prime Evil Diablo was released, rather than the individual Evils.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48075...tream-gambling

Here you go.

Check the story/lore section of this.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Malthael had the Power of the Prime Evils in him after consuming the Black Soulstone (to be able to defeat the Nephalem), not being possessed by them but rather him being able to channel their powers.
    After the death of Malthael, the combined Prime Evil Diablo was released, rather than the individual Evils.
    Ok, but it means Tathamet, but since the layman don't know about Tathamet. It's just Prime Evil Diablo, which is easier to explain, which is also in the bullet points.

The writers have to compromise when writing their story because it has to fit from a gameplay perspective and can't be too expensive, art-wise.
    Tathamet is all the Evils combined. Since all the Evils combined, having Tathamet ensnare all the Angels in a fragment of the Blacksoul Stone, is plausible. And your point is that it's not. It IS plausible, as you can see fragments of the Soul Stone fall to Sanctuary.

If not the BSS, then something else. The whole point of the Nephlem and the introduction of the combined powers only strengthen my point. You have the combined Evils, the combined Angelic and Demonic Nephlem, and an Artifact that puts them altogether.

The Nephlem will become Anu reborn and end the Eternal Conflict. It's not a stretch.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodNewsEveryone View Post

Heh, that's honestly a pretty fair point. While on top with the story and everything it may still be unchanged, SO MANY things have been removed/added in/changed it may as well be a new game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    World of Diablo....craft?

Play the light or the dark? Hum..everyone will roll a "Diablo" or "Azmodean" I guess....the prime evils are just too cool. Also..they are in HotS
    Remember, it's always a craft.

"World of Diablocraft"

:P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water