[H] LFM: Retro-raiding (BC) guild.

Merely A Setback is a new retro-raiding guild on Area-52. In short, this means we artificially cap our experience* at certain points and proceed to raid previous expansion content.

We encourage all players that are interested to roll an alt here, even if it stays at Lv1 for a while!

* If you're unsure how to toggle your XP gain on/off, see Slahtz in the top room of the Hall of the Brave, Valley of Honor, Orgrimmar.

Our Goal:
    To experience all Burning Crusade raiding content at lv70.
    To farm the Sunwell. (At which point, 'twink' gear will be allowed)

How We Will Achieve This Goal:
    From Karazahn to the Sunwell, the raid will progress linearly through tiers 4, 5, and 6.
    Because maintaining a sense of progression is vital to the experience, semi-strict gear restrictions apply (Obviously wear whatever you want outside of raids):
    • Ideally, raiding gear should be obtained through our raids only.
    • Players may only wear Burning Crusade PvE gear.
    • Those joining us on a Lv70 twink must bank their gear and keep a set of gear separate for raids.
    • Players are not allowed to have other people run them through dungeons or raids for gear.
    The same kind of restrictions apply to enchants, gems, and other enhancements. Use BC things only.
    Please be respectful to our goals and do NOT deliberately try to undermine the progression experience by out-gearing the content. It was nerfed enough already!

With all the class changes over the years that have dramatically increased our damage, I'm anticipating that we will move through Lv70 content quickly. We will not need a full, 25-player group to complete the expansion. But the more, the merrier!
    Recruitment for Burning Crusade, Lv70 content:
    All roles are currently available. Rerolls are welcome.
    Your character's race does not matter.

Despite the strict gear requirements, this should be a fun experience where we can fully enjoy WoW's older content that many may have skipped or miss playing. For some, Burning Crusade was the most memorable and regarded as having some of the best raid content. This is your chance to play it again!

Contact me in game [Moose#1423] if you have questions or are in need of more information.
    We look forward to playing through BC and beyond with you!

Yeah my momma she told me don't worry about the level...

First raid is tomorrow. We're running Kara. It should be fun.