10+ Year Old Account

Levelling in WoD

Hi guys, i play MW monk right now and i plan to plan it in WoD (Blizz please buff us), but for WoD levelling i have to switch to tank/dps and i want to use this time untill 13 nov to equip the spec i'll use for level my char, what i should use? Brewmaster or WW? I prefer to play BrM but i'll have the damage for a fast levelling after the remove of Vengeance?

Right now, due to the resolve changes, tanks have an invisible -60% total healing done debuff, and you don't gain any resolve from quest mobs. As a result, tanks are as "squishy" as DPS specs in the outside world, and do lower DPS (not significantly - remember the vengeance removal also came with a substantial baseline DPS buff).

It's still possible to level as BrM - you won't outright die if you don't go crazy with pulls, but if you're looking for efficiency, you're far better off leveling and doing solo content at 100 as Windwalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to mirror the encouragement to go WW - very efficient leveling, especially with SEF off the GCD and RJW. You can chain pull, if you have half-decent gear.

Since you prefer BrM I would suggest that you start as BrM and if you are not satisfied you can switch to WW. Respecing costs are not very significant at all. Also, if you get more experience with BrM and feel more comfortable with it, you instant queue for Dungeons as tank and chain run level 100 dungeons and geared up in no time.

Quest as WW. Queue for dungeons as BrM and WW. Your gear will be useful for both. There is no reason to level through questing as BrM if you have decent gear since mobs will die so quickly that the added survivability of BrM isn't really needed.

While we are at it, was there any word if we get our enloghtenment buff back with an Exp bonus?

I highly doubt that we would.
    Kaltra - Vengeance DH Illidan

I doubt it aswell, but haven't read anything about it. Would be interesting to see, and to know if the daily will still scale up, to lvl 100

Checked at level 90 and 91. The daily quest still gives the mastery buff.

Don't forget that WW's are getting Afterlife as a base passive at some point, which really helps to reduce downtime.

There was a tweet a while back that confirmed the quest would only give mastery, not the xp% increase.

Currently in Beta it is pretty viable going MW for leveling. I did comepletely fine killing mobs, but I have a 568 ilvl so that probably helped a lot. But if all else fails just go WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Haemon90 View Post
    Currently in Beta it is pretty viable going MW for leveling. I did comepletely fine killing mobs, but I have a 568 ilvl so that probably helped a lot. But if all else fails just go WW.
    Good to know.

My ilvl is similar as a MW and ~540 as WW. Was thinking about leveling as MW for easy dungeons instead of carrying 2 seats of gear for dungeons (afaik, MOP gear doesn't change with spec?).

That being said, I might just level as WW, ignore dungeons, then @ 100, swap to MW and have all the gear change stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo WW is going to be unbeatable for levelling as a monk. Its rotation is not hard, so if you can pick up gear for it, that should be the best route to go. You will want to do most of the quests anyway, it's not all about exp, but also about the questing achievements for garrisons etc.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2014-09-29 at 09:50 AM.

With a 585 WW, you literally 1-2 shot most things until you get to 93ish. Touch of Death will one shot a mob if you have 3 chi though. Don't forget to use ToD while leveling, it can/will save time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would MW in Crane Stance be any good for leveling? Call me crazy but I was too lazy to get two sets of BoA gear so I leveled my Monk from 1-90 entirely as a Mistweaver and that actually wasn't bad at all (albeit really boring because I only used two skills most of the time...).
    Last edited by Jademist; 2014-09-30 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Would MW in Crane Stance be any good for leveling? Call me crazy but I was too lazy to get two sets of BoA gear so I leveled my Monk from 1-90 entirely as a Mistweaver and that actually wasn't bad at all (albeit really boring because I only used two skills most of the time...).
    If you have decent ilvl gear, you can level as whatever you want. For questing, WW will be faster. Since WW and BrM use similar gear from SoO, your WW set will suffice as a tank set for dungeons. If you're going for speed and efficiency, WW with a BrM off spec for elite enemies and dungeons is ideal. If you aren't under any kind of deadline to get your monk leveled, Fistweaving is perfectly viable to level with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    If you have decent ilvl gear, you can level as whatever you want. For questing, WW will be faster. Since WW and BrM use similar gear from SoO, your WW set will suffice as a tank set for dungeons. If you're going for speed and efficiency, WW with a BrM off spec for elite enemies and dungeons is ideal. If you aren't under any kind of deadline to get your monk leveled, Fistweaving is perfectly viable to level with.
    Given the nerf to tank self healing, I actually wonder if WW/MW would be better, utilizing MW for solo elite kills? Pure stab in the dark as I haven't paid any attention to the leveling process in WOD, but I do see lots of tanks complaining about being squishy without resolve.