worth re-rolling ele shaman?

Hello everyone,

i have a dilema about re-rolling a elemental shaman.My mythic roster is full of mages and hunters and we only have 1 shaman ( resto) in our roster.

I have try ele on the beta a bit 9 (only till level 93) .

thx in advance for your reply

Depends. If you're considering re-rolling for the sake of the guild, I wouldn't bother. They're really not that great at the moment, especially considering the upcoming tier involves quite a lot of multi-targetting. AoE is extremely clunky and utility isn't worth it either. Compared to especially Hunters, we stand no chance. I don't know how much tuning will be done still, but the expansion is only 1.5 month away.

They are fun to play, but that's it, really. Just my two cents, of course. Honestly, you should just play whatever you enjoy the most.
    Last edited by Valqt; 2014-09-24 at 12:02 AM.

Agree with Valqt on this one.

Since they've pretty much standardized utility/healing/buffs you don't really bring much to the group except your damage.

With that said, you can't have too many Mages!

Or Hunters on the dumb as fuck 90% movement fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Since they've pretty much standardized utility/healing/buffs you don't really bring much to the group except your damage.

With that said, you can't have too many Mages!

Or Hunters on the dumb as fuck 90% movement fights.
    Well you could argue Ele brings a lot more off-healing but that well be less of a thing in WoD I believe.

Also they promised not to make so many movement fights :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well you could argue Ele brings a lot more off-healing but that well be less of a thing in WoD I believe.

Also they promised not to make so many movement fights :P
    Ele lost healing tide and guidance got halved, we're doing about the same healing as most pure DPS on healing done (unless you literally mean hard-casting heals instead of DPS).

I know I'm kinda bummed. I wouldn't have minded these hilarious "hahaha a fight where you spend the start till the end moving, how classic!" but it was literally just after they gutted caster movement and said they wouldn't make fights movement intensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Ele lost healing tide and guidance got halved, we're doing about the same healing as most pure DPS on healing done (unless you literally mean hard-casting heals instead of DPS).

I know I'm kinda bummed. I wouldn't have minded these hilarious "hahaha a fight where you spend the start till the end moving, how classic!" but it was literally just after they gutted caster movement and said they wouldn't make fights movement intensive.
    Maybe people will actually start bringing melee over ranged.

Ha, who am I kidding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Maybe people will actually start bringing melee over ranged.

Ha, who am I kidding?
    hahahahaha yeee XDDDDDDD

@OP if you're raiding Mythic, play the class you are best at :P

Ele sham is an overall good compliment to other classes and bring several good utilities to the raid.

Imo they are rly fun and I consider play mine, kinda hard to let go but I just fell in love with my free 90 character boosted wlock!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    Imo they are rly fun and I consider play mine, kinda hard to let go but I just fell in love with my free 90 character boosted wlock!
    I'm almost in the same case : played warlock for 5 years, and fell in love with my character booster ele shaman that I play for two months now.
    Really can't decide which one to keep for mythic with my guild !

Deleted
    Not a raider so i can't speak for that side of things but i would say playing my ele shaman is the most fun I've ever had in wow. There is something very satisfying about hurling lightning bolts, plus becoming a wolf and turning people into frogs never gets boring

Deleted
    for the love of god dont roll shammy....ever,thats worst class in wow

7+ Year Old Account
    It really comes down to two things. If you play the class well and if you enjoy it at the same time. I've re-rolled a fair few times (Balance Druid > DK > Ret Paladin). Boosted my 60 Shammy to 90 and raided on her during SoO and had a blast. But Shaman changes in WoD are making me consider re-rolling. Again. Forever re-rolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you either A) enjoy the class or B) are good at it; don't bother. Elemental's in a pretty average state as far as class mechanics go, and now that utility has been reduced for hybrids, there's really no reason to take an Elemental Shaman over a Mage or Warlock.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    After having played Elemental on both the PTR and the beta, I'm honestly considering going Enhancement for the first time in 9+ years....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by shadowd View Post
    Hello everyone,

i have a dilema about re-rolling a elemental shaman.My mythic roster is full of mages and hunters and we only have 1 shaman ( resto) in our roster.

I have try ele on the beta a bit 9 (only till level 93) .

thx in advance for your reply
    Play what you want to play. Not by how many of whatever you have. If you're full on those classes that means you're part of the numbers right? So you still have your spot. Re-rolling based on what you will have now never works out. Always play what you want to play. Not what you or your guild need. I re-rolled a resto shaman a while back because we needed a healer and I regretted it after the novelty of a new class wore off. And what others have said, ele isn't in the best shape on beta, and it can be so mind numbingly boring.