Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    There are some that do, however. They go into apoplectic fits of rage at seeing the letters a-l-m-r-t-w in a specific combination.
    That's what you're seeing now. Other companies have been doing similar for quite awhile, but Wal-Mart does and they collectively lose their shit.

Fuck Wal-Mart and it's shady business practices. Refuse to shop there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    As a Canadian it blows my mind that people even go to Walmart to see a doctor. That's pretty sad.
    A checkup's typically 100$ but I could probably lowball it to 50$.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy but those doctors need to get a six figure income somehow. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post

Glad you have the money to spend elsewhere.

Um, what exactly is shady about this?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    Glad you have the money to spend elsewhere.
    Wal-Mart is no cheaper than most places, and if it is, it's only by a few cents, and most places price match. You don't need extra money to shop elsewhere. Another stupid misconception.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Um, what exactly is shady about this?
    I haven't shopped Wal-Mart for YEARS because of all their shadiness in the past. If it needs to be pointed out, do a google search, there is a million things you can find.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Wal-Mart is no cheaper than most places, and if it is, it's only by a few cents, and most places price match. You don't need extra money to shop elsewhere. Another stupid misconception.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't shopped Wal-Mart for YEARS because of all their shadiness in the past. If it needs to be pointed out, do a google search, there is a million things you can find.
    I'm not asking about the million other things..I'm asking about this one. Why is a health clinic inside walmart such a horrible idea?

Oh, I get it...you didn't really read the articles, just saw Walmart in the thread title and though you should tell us all about how evil they are.

This depend entirely where you live. The other grocery stores around here typically are quite a bit higher then Wal-Mart and do not price match.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen a Wal-Mart with a clinic. And I can't imagine it's high quality for the ones that are.

Yeah yeah, great...but what exactly is shady about this particular article?
    I never said THIS was shady, i said " Fuck Wal-Mart and their shady business practices" Next time read better?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I get it...you didn't really read the articles, just saw Walmart in the thread title and though you should tell us all about how evil they are.
    No you don't get it, you read my statement, and thought is said something it didn't. So, try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah yeah, great...but what exactly is shady about this particular article?
    He might be talking about what I commented on earlier. This $4 co-pay is for employees already on the company insurance - Since most Wal-Mart employees are ineligible for that insurance this sounds more like Wal-Mart's PR Department trying to make themselves look good but still do absolutely nothing to the core of their employees.

I never said THIS was shady, i said " Fuck Wal-Mart and their shady business practices" Next time read better?
    yes in a thread about a specific business decision. It's reasonable to assume one would take away from your comment that you think this PARTICULAR thing in this thread is what prompted your comment.

Learn to communicate better.

yes in a thread about a specific business decision. It's reasonable to assume one would take away from your comment that you think this PARTICULAR thing in this thread is what prompted your comment.

Learn to communicate better.
    Because a thread about Wal-Mart, i can't say anything bad about that place, unless it has to do with the topic?

Again, learn to read better, you assumed, you were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    He might be talking about what I commented on earlier. This $4 co-pay is for employees already on the company insurance - Since most Wal-Mart employees are ineligible for that insurance this sounds more like Wal-Mart's PR Department trying to make themselves look good but still do absolutely nothing to the core of their employees.
    I'll grant that is somewhat shady, but that's really not what he was talking about.

Really though for the employees without health coverage a $40 copay is still pretty damn good. it sucks that employees not on a plan don't get the $4 copay, but that doesn't make it a bad plan...just not as good as it could be.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not entirely true and not all of these local stores are smart enough to allow SNAP or food programs whereas Wallmart takes all forms.

Because a thread about Wal-Mart, i can't say anything bad about that place, unless it has to do with the topic?

Again, learn to read better, you assumed, you were wrong.
    Jesus, man...yes I assumed...I made an assumption that was a safe assumption to make.

Follow along.

Walmart introduces a new business plan
    You make a claim stating that walmart has shady business practices in the thread about aforementioned new plan.

It's totally fucking safe to assume that you are, I don't know, posting about the topic at hand? Shit I guess I am wrong.

So again correct me if I am wrong...but you don't have anything in particular to say about the potential Walmart healthcare clinics...just want us to know you hate walmart?

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record, I don't care either way- I was just pointing out that while the employees are free to go elsewhere, it wouldn't make sense financially. Although, you also get what you pay for- if I were going for anything beyond the basic numbers checkup or flu shot then I'd prefer a private practice, one where I have a history with a specific physician and not whoever was on the clock today, but I digress. I worked at a CVS for a while, and they offered much the same deal over there; all for it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a gross generalization; there are towns and cities where Walmart had driven out that competition, and is now nearly the only place to go, or where the remaining competition can't even compare.

Indiantown Hardware, 4 Inch x 1/8th Stainless Screw - $0.78
    Walmart, 4 Inch x 1/8th Stainless Screw x 20 - $2.34

That's the sad truth in some places, it's fucked but- hey.

This is their first stage in their plan to take over the world! Next clinics in walmart popping up everywhere lol

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    Not entirely true and not all of these local stores are smart enough to allow SNAP or food programs whereas Wallmart takes all forms.
    http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/08/...-surprise-you/

Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    For the record, I don't care either way- I was just pointing out that while the employees are free to go elsewhere, it wouldn't make sense financially. Although, you also get what you pay for- if I were going for anything beyond the basic numbers checkup or flu shot then I'd prefer a private practice, one where I have a history with a specific physician and not whoever was on the clock today, but I digress. I worked at a CVS for a while, and they offered much the same deal over there; all for it.

Which is exactly what these clinics are for. Routine check ups and continued maintenance of stuff like diabetes, flu shots. Shit like that. Anything more serious and the refer it out.

So again correct me if I am wrong...but you don't have anything in particular to say about the potential Walmart healthcare clinics...just want us to know you hate walmart?
    That is exactly right. If this service helps their employees then i'm all for it, but Wal-Mart is not known doing things that benefit their employees. It's usually the exact opposite. Like not paying their workers for OT worked, or hiring people at full-time, only to give them part-time hours so they don;t have to give them insurance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1470543.html