Deleted

This is why guilds and dkp exist:

Healer entered for two bosses only, gets three items, and the other healer that was there for the whole of the raid gets nothing. Relying on a /roll is one of the most hedious and undemocratic parts of the game, it's like basically having a President that was elected on a /roll and not merit or credentials or public vote. Next time don't wonder why someone ignored you when you asked for an item, it's because rudeness is a chain reaction (ps. inb4).

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that is where people learn priorities. We have the same thing except, you get a 'cooldown' if you obtain an item on 'need' roll type. Meaning, if two healers roll for another piece, the one before has lower priority.

DKP was a bad system, really.

But this situation is more build on lack of loot management.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

We just give loot to whomever it benefits the raid most. Collective common sense is the best loot system.

Deleted
    We are going to need some more context to this.

I'm going to guess it was a PU group, with everything on /roll ?
    Well that's the rules, he got incredibly lucky and wasn't very kind (could have given one out of the 3 to the other heal but then again he really doesn't have to) but then again these cases will happen very rarely and that's the world PU groups live in : everyone for their own.

SO this is indeed why guilds exist. DKP is far from being mandatory, our guild rolls without it for 5 years now, seems to work out well

PS : if that was a guild group, then surely your officers / gm should step in if it was needed - again we have no context.

10 year old tried and true topic created for what reason?

You need to be more specific. Was this a full guild run? Or was the other healer a pug? Etc

Thread based on a knee-jerk reaction of a subject that anyone who spends a decent time in games with loot-based rewards should know. In any case, guilds don't guarantee everything is fair and balanced, and there are inherent problems in any loot system.

Moral of the story? Make sure you know how the loot is going to work, and if you don't like it, don't run it... actually the more I think about the size and tone of the subject, I think less "Lesson learned" and more "What did you expect?"

Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    You need to be more specific. Was this a full guild run? Or was the other healer a pug? Etc
    I was wondering this, but then I thought, "Then why include the absence of a guild as why this happened?" I have a feeling this was a mishmash of a PuG run, and got shafted on loot. Makes no sense otherwise (based on the absolute lack of explanation).
    Last edited by Monstercloud; 2014-09-23 at 11:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Healer entered for two bosses only, gets three items, and the other healer that was there for the whole of the raid gets nothing. Relying on a /roll is one of the most hedious and undemocratic parts of the game, it's like basically having a President that was elected on a /roll and not merit or credentials or public vote. Next time don't wonder why someone ignored you when you asked for an item, it's because rudeness is a chain reaction (ps. inb4).
    And thats why your guild won't ever be succesfull. Loot is a tool and should be givin to the person that benefits the raid the most.

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Actually it is completely democratic seeing as how you join any raid by your own free will which means the raid leader is unanimously elected. Then the raid leader sets loot rules however they see fit.

Deleted
    Really wonder why there are even systems like that...
    Is it the lack of non bad people in groups or the lack of knowledge about the group/game? Dunno why any guild would use a system the contribute loot when there is almost always someone who benefits most of a certain item.

I don't see the problem with anything that you said happened. So a healer that was only in for 2 bosses THIS WEEK got more loot than the guy that was in for more bosses. What about all the other weeks that the healer that won the loot was in the raid but didn't win loot ?

Also you make it sound like being in the raid is a chore rather than something fun. Because 1 guy had to perform the chore of raiding he deserves loot more than the person who was bored sitting outside. That is basically what it sounds like you are saying.

My guild uses /roll for loot and we never have any problems. Main raiders get priority over trials. Main spec gets priority over offspec. If it's your best in slot item you get priority over someone who it wouldn't be best in slot for.

If the item is a lot more of an upgrade for someone (for example if 1 person has a flex / normal item vs another with a heroic item) then our players talk amongst themselves and are sensible enough (normally) to let the person who will get the most benefit take the item regardless of rolls...

If the above system doesn't work then you are in a guild with a lot of selfish people who can't see beyond what's good for themselves rather than the guild as a whole. It's in everyone's interest to work like this as it means you will kill later bosses more easily which will benefit the whole raid team in getting better loot.

dkp is crap for new raiders, been in many guilds over the years that dkp doesn't mean anything if a close friend to the gm or raid lead needs the gear. someone with alot of dkp can use that to get something for os and not for main and screw someone else over so no dkp isnt perfect or the best system
    ''i'm not drunk, i'm Scottish''