Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    Far far from the best. Game changer if played right? Of course. But easily countered. Like others said, Only thing worth hexing/silencing/polying in a Paladin deck. He isn't even the best class legendary. Grommash is number 1 hands down simply because of the charge. Same with Al'Akir. They either win the game that same round you play them or at least take a minion out. 3rd or 4th best class legendary and way way way down the line in a list of legendaries.
    Eh, I run a Questing Adventurer in my paladin deck because it's cheap to buff it up with secrets and Blessing of Might, usually they'll waste one hex on that at least. It's definitely not the only thing worth doing it to, it's just that most people assume you're going to have a Tirion so they try to save it for that, push them hard enough so they have to pop it early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Everytime I play a pally, I feel like it's just a long game of Tirion chicken. Me holding onto my silence and them trying to bait it out.

Same when playing priest against priest. Turns into a game of "Who's going to MC first?"
    Yeah, I know that feel.. Me really not wanting to put down a Tirion because someone can get rid of it, and them not using their removal because Tirion..

That said, I usually win.

Very high value and top tier. If it were not a class card, most others would probably be playing it over Cairne.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    I'm convinced. Tirion Fordring is possibly the BEST Card in Hearthstone. Not even best Legendary, best in general.
    As a 6/6 with taunt + Divine Shield, it's a pretty big beast to get rid of, when played at the correct time. Sure, it costs 8 Mana, but it really is meant to be the game-winning card. If your opponent can't do anything about your 6/6, they get WRECKED. On top of that, you get ASHBRINGER, a 5/3 Weapon, when it dies, and while Shadow Word: Death/Assassinate + Acidic Swamp Ooze, Polymorph or Hex can ruin this, at the very least it posed a threat and served it's purpose as a barrier, and it's normally just those three combos that can negate both effects. Heck, even Silence isn't that bad. It's a 6/6, it'll still deal quite a bit of damage. When it's not a high-aggro card, it's a great delay card.

I'm not saying it's perfect; But it's pretty dang close to it.
    no were near perfect.How you ask? you just explained how its no were near perfect.so many ways to one shot or 2 shot this thing but that is how most cards are they seem op till you think about it.It all depends on chance in card games.
    Last edited by Bigcountry11782; 2014-09-24 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always have Tirion for my Divine deck, although very susceptible to silence and other sorts I always make sure I carry a sunwalker to put down first, just to throw them off...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiquihuite View Post
    It's definitely one of my favorite Priest cards.

>_>
    <_<
    Anduin the Ashbringer?

I was thinking of this thread last night. Playing a pally, he throws GoAK, I topdeck poly (had my other poly in hand). I figure, hell lets see if i can bait the tirion. I poly the GoAK, next turn he throws Tirion, poly tirion, opponent concedes lol. Tirion has great value, but I think too many players depend on that one card a little to much.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    There's literally nothing else worth Hex'ing in most Paladin decks =)
    except for general card like ragnaros, ysera, cairne, sylvanas, sunwalker, ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    except for general card like ragnaros, ysera, cairne, sylvanas, sunwalker, ...
    It's rare to see them in high end paladin decks
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Sunwalker even?

Huh, maybe my paladin deck is a bit odd then afterall.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Sunwalker even?

Huh, maybe my paladin deck is a bit odd then afterall.
    Sunwalker, sure, but it's not worth Hex'ing

It's a taunt Yeti with bubble, it's not actually all that dangerous unless you've totally lost control and he's hiding minions behind it

I will Hex a Sunwalker if:

1) I can hugely swing advantage by clearing his board extremely efficiently with little to no loss on my part
    2) It is late game and I have two Hexes in my hand
    3) I will flat-out lose if I do not

The two classes with premier transform removal - mage and shaman - are also very well equipped to smashing out Sunwalkers and the like. Mages can ping their shield off, and Shamen get Earth Shock or even Searing Tots to ping shield.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Sunwalker, sure, but it's not worth Hex'ing

It's a taunt Yeti with bubble, it's not actually all that dangerous unless you've totally lost control and he's hiding minions behind it

I will Hex a Sunwalker if:

1) I can hugely swing advantage by clearing his board extremely efficiently with little to no loss on my part
    2) It is late game and I have two Hexes in my hand
    3) I will flat-out lose if I do not

The two classes with premier transform removal - mage and shaman - are also very well equipped to smashing out Sunwalkers and the like. Mages can ping their shield off, and Shamen get Earth Shock or even Searing Tots to ping shield.
    Ah alright, I was a bit concerned for the moment about the structure of my paladin deck if Sunwalker wasn't used lol

I get what you mean now.

Yeah, Tirion is easily one of the best cards. Poly and Hex are the only things that can really 1-for-1 it, Silence knocks it down a bit (but it's still a solid 6/6, so it'll still easily go 2-for-1 or 1-for-1 even after being silenced) and virtually every other means of getting rid of it will end in the Paladin's advantage.

It has most of what a high-cost card needs to be successful.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2014-09-28 at 04:41 AM.

No it's not. The meta has slowed down tremendously, and as such Paladins have begun putting more threats back into theirs deck. I have Loatheb, Cairne, Sylvanas, Tirion, Kel'Thuzad, and Ysera in my Paladin deck. You honestly need a few threats to have an increased chance of keeping Tirion/Ysera/Kel'Thuzad safe. I only really have the Cairne, and Sylvanas in there as bait. My Boulderfist Ogre, and Guardian of Kings draw hex/poly type removal too. The only class I hate playing as control Pally is Priest, mainly, because they just steal all your shit, and can outlast you in a fatigue war. I had a Priest Thoughtsteal an Equality into a Holy Nova against me today. My board was so lovely too =[
    Last edited by muto; 2014-09-28 at 05:16 AM.

* Sheeped *

It is a pretty good card though

10+ Year Old Account
    All I was saying was that I liked the card.
    Literally EVERY MINION IN THE GAME is prone to Hexes, Polymorphs, Mind Control, etc. So to say it's a bad card simply because it has a flaw that every other card (Well... save for the occasional Stealth minions.) is prone to is just crazy. It's a good card, you just need to know the right times to play it. I seriously don't expect this card to win every game, no one card can. It's how you strategically play specific cards at specific times, baiting out those removal spells on weaker minions so you can unleash your amazing card.
    When your opponent just cleared his hand trying to clear your board,
    When your opponent just unleashed one of their classes most powerful spells,
    When your opponent least expects it...
    "Put your faith in the light!"
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

It's a good card, but often gets removed if not silenced or stolen.
    Stay salty my friends.

Deleted
    It makes your opponent cry in late game if he doesn't have more than two cards in his hand. It makes you cry if you're behind and you're dropping him as a last resort only to see him get owned by a fucking owl.

A great card but really easy to throw away if you don't have other baits in your deck that would make your opponent choose removals on them. The 5/3 ashbringer is an absolute beast when you get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Yeah, Tirion is easily one of the best cards. Poly and Hex are the only things that can really 1-for-1 it, Silence knocks it down a bit (but it's still a solid 6/6, so it'll still easily go 2-for-1 or 1-for-1 even after being silenced) and virtually every other means of getting rid of it will end in the Paladin's advantage.

It has most of what a high-cost card needs to be successful.
    I think the best Tirion I ever played 6-for-1'd.
    3 minions to kill it, sword killed another 3.

Needless to say, my opponent got wrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I love my 0/1 frog.

I'm kidding, I only play him after they stupidly play hex or something.

Also, even more fun with Tirion, play him with redemption. Comes back with Divine Shield and the 1 hp. He's a really fun legendary overall in my opinion.

Also his summoning is the best.
    Turn 9 : Tirion + Redemption

Turn 10 : Double Faceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.