Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickabob View Post
    No complaints about hunters is a good thing in my book. Hearing people complain that hunters were overpowered and then cry for nerfs quickly became quite tiresome in MoP.
    No complaints means no one fears hunters in pvp. And when no one fears your class in pvp, it means they can generally handle you with ease.

I was watching Avengelyne (rank 1 ret) streaming beta 2s last night. Someone asked him about hunters and he said the only hunter he met in all of beta who gave him a hard time was a MM hunter, because of his damage. I gather he thought the class overall was weak in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    I was watching Avengelyne (rank 1 ret) streaming beta 2s last night. Someone asked him about hunters and he said the only hunter he met in all of beta who gave him a hard time was a MM hunter, because of his damage. I gather he thought the class overall was weak in pvp.
    Yeah, thinking of rerolling to ret in wod. That or gladiator resolve warrior. Seems hunters are back to being average in pvp like they were in TBC-Cata.
    Last edited by Keyboard Champion; 2014-09-25 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    No complaints means no one fears hunters in pvp. And when no one fears your class in pvp, it means they can generally handle you with ease.
    Hunters in beta don't have threatening damage, and have low survivability on top of that. This makes us the instant go-to target, so we can't reliably CC to let our teammates get kills.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Great. I like a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, thinking of rerolling to ret in wod. That or gladiator resolve warrior. Seems hunters are back to being average in pvp like they were in TBC-Cata.
    No offense, but you sound like you might be one of those FotM players that only became a hunter because it was perceived as overpowered.

No offense, but you sound like you might be one of those FotM players that only became a hunter because it was perceived as overpowered.
    I'm a solo player. I don't play arenas other than for conq points and I only do rbgs in Oqueue. I like wpvp and duels most of all, and against good opponents, which is why I spend a lot of time in WoW in Hellfire Peninsula in Honor Hold waiting for Horde 90s to attack it.

Because of this I can't really play classes that can't handle solo pvp too well because I wouldn't be too good at what I like to do.

Played a monk in MoP for a long time until I got fed up with how clunky it played and rerolled hunter until the end of the expansion. It seems I will be rerolling gladiator stance warrior in wod as hunter is nerfed to being just average.

Played a monk in MoP for a long time until I got fed up with how clunky it played and rerolled hunter until the end of the expansion. It seems I will be rerolling gladiator stance warrior in wod as hunter is nerfed to being just average.
    WoW history shows they don't let prot specs be strong in pvp for very long. There was a brief period where prot warriors were dominating 3s, but they nerfed them hard and fast. Gladiator stance warriors are a prime nerf candidate, if history is any guide.

Deleted
    No complaints about hunters is a good thing in my book. Hearing people complain that hunters were overpowered and then cry for nerfs quickly became quite tiresome in MoP.
    I think what the other guy was saying is not "reroll to FOTM" but .

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW history shows they don't let prot specs be strong in pvp for very long. There was a brief period where prot warriors were dominating 3s, but they nerfed them hard and fast. Gladiator stance warriors are a prime nerf candidate, if history is any guide.
    Gladiator warriors are not tanks. They are tankier than a DPS warrior, but they are not full-on immortal like tanks tend to be.
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

At 90, survival is pathetic. But that's at 90 and it doesn't matter.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    At 90, survival is pathetic. But that's at 90 and it doesn't matter.
    Even at 90, all Survival has is extra control, no pressure. Lack of burst capability, dispellable proc generator that forces you to lose more damage to reapply... Almost makes you think we're not supposed to be PvPing.
    *bro fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Even at 90, all Survival has is extra control, no pressure. Lack of burst capability, dispellable proc generator that forces you to lose more damage to reapply... Almost makes you think we're not supposed to be PvPing.
    Yea. Not liking these numbers at all. I get Ferocious Bite crit for 28-30k, my full set of dots (sting, black arrow, murder) don't even do that in total it seems.

And from the sounds of it, Survival isn't that great at 100 either. Hopefully some adjustments are made. Low DoT damage, low direct damage, no bueno.
    Last edited by Dald; 2014-09-25 at 09:52 PM.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    I'm a solo player. I don't play arenas other than for conq points and I only do rbgs in Oqueue. I like wpvp and duels most of all, and against good opponents, which is why I spend a lot of time in WoW in Hellfire Peninsula in Honor Hold waiting for Horde 90s to attack it.

Because of this I can't really play classes that can't handle solo pvp too well because I wouldn't be too good at what I like to do.

So I started to write a whole load about how Keyboard Champion is a FOTM roller and how he doesn't represent me as a player and blah blah blah and get all angry etc etc etc.

And then I realised. That actually he does. Keyboard Turner represents a WHOLE LOAD of Warcraft players and all I'm being is naive to think otherwise.

OK so I'm going to go out on a limb here and explain why I roll a World of Warcraft character. Simply because I think that the process is similar to the way that a LOT of other players also choose to roll a character.

I roll a WoW char because I feel in some kind of measurable way I connect with the character. Maybe its because he is some cool looking race, or I think that I want to achieve some measurable goal (best PvE Healer EU!!) or that I think the animations look cool (troll racials) or that I think that the toon is a reflection of me (if I was a WoW char I would totally be a Dwarf) or whatever. When I connect with a char I will probably stick with them through thick or thin. For years.

I don't mean in some kind of RP sense but I just feel there has to be SOME kind of connection I have when creating a char.

Keyboard Champion doesn't have that connection. He just wants to be the best. Whatever the best is. Whatever the best spec is. Whenever it is.

And you know what. There is nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    So I started to write a whole load about how Keyboard Champion is a FOTM roller and how he doesn't represent me as a player and blah blah blah and get all angry etc etc etc.

And then I realised. That actually he does. Keyboard Turner represents a WHOLE LOAD of Warcraft players and all I'm being is naive to think otherwise.

OK so I'm going to go out on a limb here and explain why I roll a World of Warcraft character. Simply because I think that the process is similar to the way that a LOT of other players also choose to roll a character.

I roll a WoW char because I feel in some kind of measurable way I connect with the character. Maybe its because he is some cool looking race, or I think that I want to achieve some measurable goal (best PvE Healer EU!!) or that I think the animations look cool (troll racials) or that I think that the toon is a reflection of me (if I was a WoW char I would totally be a Dwarf) or whatever. When I connect with a char I will probably stick with them through thick or thin. For years.

I don't mean in some kind of RP sense but I just feel there has to be SOME kind of connection I have when creating a char.

Keyboard Champion doesn't have that connection. He just wants to be the best. Whatever the best is. Whatever the best spec is. Whenever it is.

And you know what. There is nothing wrong with that.
    That's very true. If a character has good performance at what I want to do, I like it, getting into character eventually comes to me. Ofcourse with some limitations, for example I can't play a feral druid because I really don't like its forms, no matter how good it is at wpvp and duels.

Still playing in PTR (no Beta Key yet...) as MM.

Damage is nice. Sometimes even overpowered. However, I feel like I'm made out of paper. If I'm CC'ed or a melee catches up on me I'm as good as dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I feel like I'm made out of paper. If I'm CC'ed or a melee catches up on me I'm as good as dead.
    How's that different from live?
    *bro fist*

How's that different from live?
    I do feel more fragile than on live. Maybe because of the lack of instant shots that I could throw in desperation, as well as Chim(a)era Shot not slowing my targets anymore. Also remember that they reduced damage reduction from mail and plate users, so it may also be related to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I do feel more fragile than on live. Maybe because of the lack of instant shots that I could throw in desperation, as well as Chim(a)era Shot not slowing my targets anymore. Also remember that they reduced damage reduction from mail and plate users, so it may also be related to that.
    Bleeds and DoTs ignore armor already on live, and the slow from Chim was moved to Auto since Frozen ammo. The real difference is the loss of Scatter Shot as an emergency out.
    *bro fist*

Bleeds and DoTs ignore armor already on live
    I'm talking about melee catching up to me, so yes, they melee attacks will hit me harder. May be a small difference, but it's still a difference.

and the slow from Chim was moved to Auto since Frozen ammo.
    This is something I hate. I lost one of my base defenses AND I am forced into a talent just to recover them.

The real difference is the loss of Scatter Shot as an emergency out.
    That too, thought the instant trap arming usually compensates it, IMO. Using traps without trap launcher for defense is actually feasible now.

But anyway, I do feel like I'm more vulnerable than live. Can't pinpoint a single factor that causes it, just named a few that came to mind. It also doesn't help that attacking with Aimed Shot is very clunky when you are being attacked by melee.

Another thing that may be causing it is that by trying to use the most of Sniper Training leaves me a lot more vulnerable (i.e.: instead of keeping moving all the time, I need to keep still, thus giving more chance for melee to catch me up).

I've been trying different talent and glyph combinations to see how I can improve my defenses in PvP. It's hard to judge effectiveness, because in one BG you get a good team and destroy the opposition, then in the other you get a bad team and feel completely worthless.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2014-09-27 at 11:38 AM.