Should Rift Get a New Race or Individuality?

First let me start off saying I like Rift. It's my second most played MMO. But, one of the most lacking of items in the game is the sense of character individuality. None of the races seem that different from each other in terms of background/society. And the options when creating a character seem very limited (skin tones in particular).

Do you think Rift would benefit from adding more options to the races or even adding a new race to the mix.

I understand where you're coming from. Sometimes I feel like "oh Kelari and just a Defiant version of the Elves" or "Eth are just a sand version of Mathosians." That being said I feel that Rift would greatly benefit from better race development then just another version of our three already existing races.

The races in Rift are aesthetic choices mostly. The racial abilities are very minor in usefulness.

I think it would be fine to have more aesthetic options, but unless race effects gameplay I do not care. I think Trion views race options as "on the back burner" because it doesn't really tie into gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The races in Rift are aesthetic choices mostly. The racial abilities are very minor in usefulness.

I think it would be fine to have more aesthetic options, but unless race effects gameplay I do not care. I think Trion views race options as "on the back burner" because it doesn't really tie into gameplay.
    I'll bet it will eventually be a Cash Shop thing. Once to unlock the new races and another to switch to new race. I totally agree with that as well. If they are going to spend resources on something other than gameplay they need to get paid for it.

I would be fine with new races being a cash shop item. Since they are basically cosmetic and would be a great source of income. As long as the new races are distinctly different from the current ones. Haven't been through the current content yet so I don't know if there is an existing race/model that could be a potential new race. Or would they build a new one from the ground up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I'll bet it will eventually be a Cash Shop thing. Once to unlock the new races and another to switch to new race. I totally agree with that as well. If they are going to spend resources on something other than gameplay they need to get paid for it.
    Agree'd, been waiting for them to add new race unlocks and similar stuff to buy. Then again it will be a whole new slew of p2w threads on the official forums.. lawl.

Rift be like human, human, small human, more human. Cmon Trion, untapped potential here.

Deleted
    would love new races as a credit option!!!