Crazy Video Lag. need help please

Ever since Seasons started I have been having horrible video lag in certain spots. If I run in a group with another Wizard or a few m6 DHs some places are just unplayable. Im talking single digit FPS. My GPU isnt great but it should handle this game. Im using a GTX 560ti and I have the latest NVIDIA update. Has anyone else had the same problems and could recommend something to make things smoother?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Ever since Seasons started I have been having horrible video lag in certain spots. If I run in a group with another Wizard or a few m6 DHs some places are just unplayable. Im talking single digit FPS. My GPU isnt great but it should handle this game. Im using a GTX 560ti and I have the latest NVIDIA update. Has anyone else had the same problems and could recommend something to make things smoother?

Same card same issue. (I think)

I only get it when in a 4 person game and when we come across a double or triple Champ/elite pack.

I had a friend who had a similar issue. Keep in mind there are just some maps and situations that are poorly optimized as is.

What settings are you running on? If you're running on lowest try running on medium or somewhere around there. Alot of games (not positive if D3 or WoW do but i've had multiple instances were i've found evidence to support this), put load on your computer differently based on your graphical settings. Lower settings load more of the game onto your cpu, higher setting onto your gpu.

Try running the game on medium, or conversely, a lower setting if your cpu is more powerful then your gpu

I'm running a very high end rig (i7 4770k with a GTX 770 2 gb card) and i get weird lag on certain maps (because some of the maps are very poorly optimized).

The fact that it's only happening in multi-person games though makes me believe that its just because the game has so much crap going on at once with multiple sentries spamming so many effects just leads me back to my very first point. The game is just poorly optimized to handle that much crap flying around.
    Last edited by Cheekun; 2014-09-24 at 10:22 PM.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

I have the problem only with a few areas. If I am doing a Grift with my friends and we get the map tile that is on the way to the siegebreaker, I just TP to town and wait for them to finish it or we create a new game. I lag so much on that map that I will die because I can't dodge stuff.

There are a few other maps that do that to me, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. That is the biggest offender by far.