CPU question / new WoD min req

So the new min req for cpu is a AMD Phenom X3 8750, and I have a AMD Phenom X4 9550. Looking at benchmarks online, the 8750 outperforms the 9550 in single core task (which seems to be what WoW is). I was just wondering if I'll be alright with the 9550 when 6.0 drops?

I have:
    AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor 2.2ghz
    8gb of ddr2
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2gb ddr5

Your processor is definitely your setups weakest link.
    It is also below the X3 8750 as far as power for Wow goes, so you are below minimum requirements.

I can't predict what you can and cannot do in WoD, and with processors, resolution doesn't really matter. I don't think there's anything you flat out "can't do" at the start of WoD if you can do similar things this late in MoP.

If I were you, I would start considering an upgrade and/or at least try to squeeze out more power by overclocking it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by addlemanc View Post
    So the new min req for cpu is a AMD Phenom X3 8750, and I have a AMD Phenom X4 9550. Looking at benchmarks online, the 8750 outperforms the 9550 in single core task (which seems to be what WoW is). I was just wondering if I'll be alright with the 9550 when 6.0 drops?

I have:
    AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor 2.2ghz
    8gb of ddr2
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2gb ddr5
    It's safe to say you'll receive about the same performance as what you're getting now so if you're ok with that then you should be fine. It's hardly meetin min req though, I'd consider buying a new computer with better specs if you can come up with the budget to do so. Make your experience more enjoyable.

Thanks guys. I know that the CPU is holding me back, but haven't had any issues running at med settings all of mop (only issues are ordos/sha of anger). Just wanted some second opinions, so thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by addlemanc View Post
    Thanks guys. I know that the CPU is holding me back, but haven't had any issues running at med settings all of mop (only issues are ordos/sha of anger). Just wanted some second opinions, so thank you very much.
    You will likely be able to run start of WoD the same as you run current MoP, or so I believe. So you're fine, at least for now (I am not actually in the beta or played MoP outside of the 10 day trial, so can't compare specifics.)