10+ Year Old Account

Lightwell in arena

So I just fought against a lightwell in arena, he played it on turn 1 and I could never remove it thanks to the control it brought to him.

Seems a bit overpowered that it has 5 health, especially to a priest who can easily buff even more or convert it to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    That card i just lost against is OP blizz nerf.
    did i miss anything here?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Lightwell is a pretty poor card in arena as normally you can trade with it and not lose a card (which is very poor value, similar to summoning portal).

It just sounds like either, you had a poor deck with little removal, you couldn't establish board presence before he played lightwell, or you simply had a below par opening hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimp View Post
    did i miss anything here?
    Yeah, it healed his minions out of my removal range every turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Yeah, it healed his minions out of my removal range every turn.
    If you initially struggle to remove lightwell, a good tactic can be to spread your damage out as it can only heal one target at random... Especially try to put 1 damage on the Priest as that essentially wastes the heal.

I've been noticing a resurgence of lightwell plays in both constructed and arena. I'll take crazed alchemist if I can in arena now and I've also added it to my constructed deck. Very underestimated, underplayed card.

I recall being beaten by a lightwell. It's easy to buff up as a priest with power word shields, and also doubling their health, and then inner fire to make its attack equal to its hp. I was beaten by a 20-20 (or maybe it was only 10-10) lightwell. Very funny to pull off, but it's easily silenced, or hexed, or poly'd, if it gives that much trouble.

And I agree with the above, spread some damage out initially as it can only choose 1 target to heal.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Considering how susceptible it is to silences or even harder removal like poly, it's fine. I guess you could argue that it might be better with spell immunity, so you can't turn it into a 10/10 or 20/20 early on but it's certainly not overpowered by any stretch. If you had issues with it in arena, look towards drafting a couple of silences if you weren't already. Assuming you're not playing ezmode Mage, in which case you should have plenty of answers.

I'd never pick lightwell in arena.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Lightwell is powerful only in that very specific situation, tbh. It loses hard in most cases, which makes it an overall very poor pick. Just too many weaknesses to trading, silence, etc.
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

Pfft thought steal is way worse

you didn't draw or have silences way to deal with it, doens't make lightwell op.

Deleted
    A 5/5 or even 7/7 LW within the first few turns can be a bitch to deal with if you have a bad hand. But that´s a very specific set of circumstanses, not OP. Hell a Shaman can dish out a 15 dam minion with windfury for the finish on the 3rd crystal with coin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kelyne View Post
    Pfft thought steal is way worse
    no its not. if your losing to thoughtsteal the issue isnt your deck.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.