Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you think it's safe to walk out midnight in Los Angeles?

Anywhere in the city, past 12:00 AM. Do you think it's safe to just stroll around in the quiet night or think there's a high chance you'll meet some unfortunate end?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

How large a problem does LA have with mogwai's?

Yes, why wouldn't it be?.

I think it's mostly okay. You don't want to go into the bad sections of the city.

You'll notice there's not a lot of pedestrians in LA. Very car oriented.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Well I used to live in LA and was held up at night there 4 years ago, so.. no.

EDIT: Was in santa monica part of LA, not even a bad area.
    "Good ol Vanilla Enhancement Shamans. The walking slot machine."

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not. Maybe in Downtown LA, but not its surrounding neighborhoods.

No idea about Los Angeles, but I'd take the el home from work when I lived in Chicago. I was a young female working until 3am some nights on the weekends, never had a problem.

If you decide to deliberately walk into the "bad parts" of any city late at night you're probably asking for trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes if your traveling in some sort of armored car.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your appearance.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I don't think it's safe to walk around ANYWHERE at midnight.
    Depends on the country and city of course, I could and have easily walked home anywhere from midnight-4 am which is about 5km and never have I been in danger or even seen anyone else in danger.

Are american people really thinking that they get murdered / robbed as soon as they walk through city at night? Its very absurd from my central european pov.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...alifornia.html

so actually LA is saver than average us city areas, according to this statistics.

7.2 murders a year per 100.000 inhabitants, that means statistically you have to spend 1388.8 years in la to get murdered.
    Bets are high op dies of age before that.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2014-09-25 at 12:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Are american people really thinking that they get murdered / robbed as soon as they walk through city at night? Its very absurd from my central eurpean pov.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...alifornia.html

so actually LA is saver than average us city areas, acording to this statistics.

7.2 murders a year per 100.000 inhabitants, that means statistically you have to spend 1388.8 years in la to get murdered.
    Bets are high op dies of age before that.
    they will if you go into certain gang-controlled areas.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on what area midnight should be fine, get to like 3-4am and the only people that should be out are cops and robbers

10+ Year Old Account
    How's it going Salandrin?
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Unless you are latino and opt to go to your local Barnes and Noble. I hear there are some violent racists there who will threaten you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Are american people really thinking that they get murdered / robbed as soon as they walk through city at night? Its very absurd from my central european pov.
    No, OP is just... well, special I guess is the non-infracting way to put it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Unless you are latino and opt to go to your local Barnes and Noble. I hear there are some violent racists there who will threaten you.

- - - Updated - - -

No, OP is just... well, special I guess is the non-infracting way to put it.
    wut? also...wut??

If you're answering this question, first ask yourself if you've ever actually lived in a city. Are you that typical suburb / rural dude who's never lived in a city, has no real idea what it's like, and get scared s______s when you make the wrong turn off the turnpike into the seedy part of town?

Anyway, yes and no. LA is a big city like any other city. It depends on the part of town (is it rich white, is it Hispanic, is it black?), whether you're walking through crackhead alley, whether you're male or female, do you look poor and know where you're going or do you look like you have money and you're terrified, and so on. I live in the city and sometimes I do walk from the train station late at night. There is an increased risk because the main road is practically pitch black all night long and you need to be smarter, for sure. I've never found me being a white male made me a bigger target. But that's because I dress normally. But no, you will not be shot immediately.
    Last edited by NewOrleansTrolley; 2014-09-25 at 12:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im white, 34, and average...I walk thru bad parts of town all the time, late at tnight....people just assume im crazy. Ex military, highly trained....yeah. im not scared.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    No idea about Los Angeles, but I'd take the el home from work when I lived in Chicago. I was a young female working until 3am some nights on the weekends, never had a problem.

If you decide to deliberately walk into the "bad parts" of any city late at night you're probably asking for trouble.
    This is what i was wearing when i got mugged, go on, tell me i was asking for it.

Is joke comrades, relax.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    This is what i was wearing when i got mugged, go on, tell me i was asking for it.

Is joke comrades, relax.
    Humanity facepalm