Stardale - Epic New Procedural Generated Universe Game!

Just wanted to post about Stardale now that its showing up on Kickstarter.
    *snip*

Stardale is a large scale 2d procedural generated universe. It has the same basic principles of most 2d side scrollers like Terraria and many others but it goes well beyond by adding detailed tech progression and fully player controlled space exploration. Yes, that's right, you can fly your ships around space. Even better, ships have slots and tech modules for upgrades and to mount weapons and customizations. With this you can join in space battles against other players and mobs! In addition, Stardale will allow you to tech up from the stone age to space age; after you fire your first rocket engine and send out a probe or a player into space you'll discover the entire universe is at your disposal. You will be able to build and create player owned stations, setup mining outposts, create trading routes and much more. On top of that the universe changes based on how players interact with each other and their surroundings; you can shape the course and fate of the cosmos! Either way there is tons more information at the Kickstater page linked above.

If you like the 2D worlds or flying in 2D top down view space then you'll probably love this game. I really think a lot of people are going to love this because you will have Single Player, Multiplayer and even dedicated servers capable of hosting 100's if not 1000's of players! The best part is that as a player you can actually run your own servers if you want; that means you can run and host your own MMO scale sized servers or just small ones - whatever you decide. The choice is yours there will be 100's of customizations that server administrators or normal users can add to the server configurations.

Make sure you check out the Youtube Video:
    *snip*
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-09-25 at 05:56 PM.
    Check out Stardale http://stardale.net
    Inspired by Minecraft procedural generation and Terraria 2D gameplay we go even further with procedural generated space and exploration. Start with almost nothing and work your way to launching rockets, satellites and even yourself into space, where a whole new set of adventures awaits you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Another terraria clone? ._. This looks almost exactly like starbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Another terraria clone? ._. This looks almost exactly like starbound.
    For sure has features from Terraria. Just like Wow took features from almost every other MMORPG on the market. I think the big difference is an actual universe that is large and can actually be explored via a real ship and not a loading screen. The idea is mashing up the old 2D space MMORPG's with Planet exploration in a 2D side scroller.

I don't think there is any borrowed ideas from starbound. The honors will be given to games like Elite for that.
    Check out Stardale http://stardale.net
    Inspired by Minecraft procedural generation and Terraria 2D gameplay we go even further with procedural generated space and exploration. Start with almost nothing and work your way to launching rockets, satellites and even yourself into space, where a whole new set of adventures awaits you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would this be appealing over a game with much better graphics/gameplay? Personal opinion here, but you can't put anything in a 2D game that would make it appealing when you've got games like Arma 3 now. Not that Arma 3 is some kind of revolutionary game, but the graphics are really nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethieuss View Post
    Why would this be appealing over a game with much better graphics/gameplay? Personal opinion here, but you can't put anything in a 2D game that would make it appealing when you've got games like Arma 3 now. Not that Arma 3 is some kind of revolutionary game, but the graphics are really nice.
    Maybe I'm ignorant here since i do not play Arma but i do not see how the two are comparable in the slightest, minecraft would be an obvious 3d comparison, but arma?

On topic though, seems like yet another Terraria clone from my first impression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha I just wasn't clear enough, I apologize. My point is: why are people making 2D games? Make an amazing 3D game. It's 2014, not 1970.

Deleted
    Haha I just wasn't clear enough, I apologize. My point is: why are people making 2D games? Make an amazing 3D game. It's 2014, not 1970.
    Most, if not all, of my favourite games are 2d.

Distant Worlds
    Dwarf Fortress

So...not everyone has the same taste as you have.
    Also, making an 'amazing' 3d game costs a looooooot of money...which is not something that's easy to come by, even through kickstarter (yes...I know about Star Citizen)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane Hart View Post
    Just wanted to post about Stardale now that its showing up on Kickstarter.
    Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/164935994/stardale

Stardale is a large scale 2d procedural generated universe. It has the same basic principles of most 2d side scrollers like Terraria and many others but it goes well beyond by adding detailed tech progression and fully player controlled space exploration. Yes, that's right, you can fly your ships around space. Even better, ships have slots and tech modules for upgrades and to mount weapons and customizations. With this you can join in space battles against other players and mobs! In addition, Stardale will allow you to tech up from the stone age to space age; after you fire your first rocket engine and send out a probe or a player into space you'll discover the entire universe is at your disposal. You will be able to build and create player owned stations, setup mining outposts, create trading routes and much more. On top of that the universe changes based on how players interact with each other and their surroundings; you can shape the course and fate of the cosmos! Either way there is tons more information at the Kickstater page linked above.

If you like the 2D worlds or flying in 2D top down view space then you'll probably love this game. I really think a lot of people are going to love this because you will have Single Player, Multiplayer and even dedicated servers capable of hosting 100's if not 1000's of players! The best part is that as a player you can actually run your own servers if you want; that means you can run and host your own MMO scale sized servers or just small ones - whatever you decide. The choice is yours there will be 100's of customizations that server administrators or normal users can add to the server configurations.

Make sure you check out the Youtube Video:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Dv87T4F09o
    Oh, is that Starbo- oh wait, nevermind.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow advertising on these forums.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Why does the year matter? It's 2014 and some of us still like 2d games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    We don't allow advertising on these forums.

Did you forget to hit he close button?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Did you forget to hit he close button?
    I don't have mod control of this particular sub-forum, but the point remains.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I don't have mod control of this particular sub-forum, but the point remains.

Was just asking. Forgot mods are limited to certain forums.