Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Lack of moderation means people will speak more freely. People cuter things that will get them banned elsewhere, when you don't have strict moderation then people post what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't think I've ever even read a YouTube comment. I'm there to watch a video...I don't give a fuck what people thought about it.
    I like watching Screw Attack's Death Battles! comments to drink in the tears of the fanbois crying their hero lost.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to ignore the comments. Occasionally i'll read them, but i'm quickly reminded why I avoid them.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I think he means the merge with google plus, although that does not stop people from using fake information or a screen name there.
    The "smarter" ones did that. Everyone else bitched about "muh real namez" showing up on "da intertubes." I think their petition was around 112k sigs last I wrote an article about it.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

I believe that there are more a lot more one off positive/constructive comments than negative/bad comments. People feel the need to reply to the negative comments to either try and correct them or just fan the flames so you end up seeing those a lot more. If (a huge if) people could just ignored the comments that are obviously there just to get attention or a reaction from people the comment section would improve 10 fold.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

10+ Year Old Account
    It's mostly undeveloped teenagers and kids. I'd be willing to bet more than half the "racists" you see on there are. They're just followers. 90% of the time it's like shooting fish in a barrel when calling them out on their ignorance.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    It was a short-lived experiment. Of course, people bitched.
    I didn't think about that.

I guess because I don't recognize that as an attempt to do what I suggested, two huge mistakes with not doing a background check to see if it's the persons real name and giving in to the complaints way to easily.

People will always complain about changes, shouldn't be afraid to tell them to go f... them selves in a mature way. And in this case it would be nice to see them not cower in fear.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I've ever even read a YouTube comment. I'm there to watch a video...I don't give a fuck what people thought about it.
    DIY videos usually have a nice discussion, that can be quite helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the largest sites on the web + anonymity + anyone can make a comment. Add all that up and you get your average youtube comment. Plus youtube has zero moderation for comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    I didn't think about that.

I guess because I don't recognize that as an attempt to do what I suggested, two huge mistakes with not doing a background check to see if it's the persons real name and giving in to the complaints way to easily.

People will always complain about changes, shouldn't be afraid to tell them to go f... them selves in a mature way. And in this case it would be nice to see them not cower in fear.

- - - Updated - - -

DIY videos usually have a nice discussion, that can be quite helpful.
    Or those who are offended over YouTube comments could be told to f- off. Plus it's all children and teens, right? Do you really want to shame minors in real life over a racist comment on a Youtube video? Isn't that a little immature?

10+ Year Old Account
    How would a background checking system realistically be implemented in order to just catch trolls?

The thing currently have an Alexa rank of 3 meaning its one of the most popular sites on the entire globe.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    How would a background checking system realistically be implemented in order to just catch trolls?

The thing currently have an Alexa rank of 3 meaning its one of the most popular sites on the entire globe.
    So that you could get their real name and try to attack them on other websites, duh.

Can't have them using a fake name if you want to interfere with their real life over a YouTube argument. Gotta make sit those children pay for saying something not nice on YouTube. There is a great injustice not allowing furries to harass 12 year olds or finding them gross and saying something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it has to do with how internet socializing has evolved over the years. Youtube was one of the earlier video/chatboards, and alot of people (including myself) were decently young when it came out. That was a time when people did not act very smart on the internet, and as time passed, people created more matured chat boards and forums and youtube just sort of stayed in that one moment of time.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Alot of famous yters are even disabling comments now
    Yep, I did that for the very few videos I've posted. I don't know why Youtube is worse than the rest of the world, but every single time somehow the comments attract the least intelligent people who have internet access.

I once read a comment by some idiot who claimed that the Sun was smaller than the Earth and that he had the math to prove it . . .

Putin khuliyo

Seriously? How long have you been using the internet?

You'll find that people have very strong views on even the more minor topics when they are able to conceal their identity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello I'm Berta Lovejoy.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    So i don't really understand something. Why is it that the comments on youtube videos are so much worse than much of the inteernet. Why do so many bash people, act racist, curse up a storm, and generally act immature? It's as if the comment system is ran by children. What's the deal with youtube that makes it so much more toxic than other websites with comments?

Alot of famous yters are even disabling comments now
    Youtube has the strategy to encourage debate and that's why most of the times there are mean or troll comments as the top comment.No matter what, the comment that raises the most replies is made no 1 in the list.Also the negative vote on the comments has little to no effect but the positive vote is instant.If the negative vote for coments would be instant too, the retarded comments wouldn't make the top.

That's all..google trying to have some debate going on, no matter how harmful for the community those comments are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Came across this video on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udbM...ature=youtu.be

Within the first page of comments, there's an argument about god, and another one calling Americans retarded.

And it's just a stupid video about a dog thinking a glass-panel door is still closed even when it's open.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Very little moderation. Look how much drivel goes on here, even with a fairly decent crew of mods.

Youtube is truly for the masses, and the masses are asses.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2014-09-28 at 03:41 AM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other people's opinions and some of them might seem toxic, so what. Just deal with it.

I realize in some countries you're not allowed to say whatever you please, but your laws and culture can't protect you from the internet. You're seeing comments from people all around the world, and many of them have entirely different cultures and backgrounds from your own. Just suck it up and accept it.

There is an option to disable comments....and you don't have to read them if it bothers you so much.
    Typical response and doesnt answer the question at all.

The real reason? People are douchbags and they feel that since it's the internet and anonymity is a thing, they'll get away with anything.

Ummmm, just don't read them.
    Again, typical response that doesnt contribute to the actual question.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel