Advice on another deck

I've gotten alot of valuable advice from you guys on decks in the past and I have another one

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder...7749:2;7746:1;

I can get to rank 10 with this deck but usually can't go much further. The problem seems to be that while I can control the shit out of the board, I never seem to have enough ass behind the late game to finish my opponent off. Thinking of subbing one Kodo with a Rag.

Funnily enough, I tried something really similar to that deck, although the results are underwhelming.

I'd suggest Boars to use with Hunters Mark, and for a cheaper KC.

Unleash is still decent, even more so if you find room for that and a Hyena, still helps loads vs rush decks, so does explosive trap.

If your problem tends to be late game, I would try and get more damage out a bit earlier in the game, to use Krush as a finisher. With that in mind, how about Mukla? granted, you give your opponent some beneficial cards, but you may get lucky and make him burn a card or two.

Otherwise, id suggest that KT could be good, considering Highmanes and Belchers are generally a pain to get through anyway, this gives your later game minions more staying power, and would require the opponent to use resources to neutralize KT. You could also try like you suggested, and sub a Kodo for Rag, but the only issue I see there, is that its not direct damage, so it could actually cost you the game in some situations.

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Funnily enough, I tried something really similar to that deck, although the results are underwhelming.

I'd suggest Boars to use with Hunters Mark, and for a cheaper KC.

Unleash is still decent, even more so if you find room for that and a Hyena, still helps loads vs rush decks, so does explosive trap.

If your problem tends to be late game, I would try and get more damage out a bit earlier in the game, to use Krush as a finisher. With that in mind, how about Mukla? granted, you give your opponent some beneficial cards, but you may get lucky and make him burn a card or two.

Otherwise, id suggest that KT could be good, considering Highmanes and Belchers are generally a pain to get through anyway, this gives your later game minions more staying power, and would require the opponent to use resources to neutralize KT. You could also try like you suggested, and sub a Kodo for Rag, but the only issue I see there, is that its not direct damage, so it could actually cost you the game in some situations.
    Very much appreciate the input. Mukla is a pretty good idea, the banana's are usually irrelevent anyway. I ended up completely revamping the deck, kinda modeled off of a standard control warrior. It does much better now, still weak against zoo but i'm fine with that.

Hunter strength right now is in the quality of their minions. Their hero power and strong early game allow them to apply pressure even with control cards later on. What I see in your deck is a lack of quality low cost creatures - thus ceding board control against aggro, and coinflipping against slower decks - and then you attempt to regain it to use late game minions afterwards.

There's basically two hunter decks in legendary play right now. One is the back-to-the-roots hyper aggressive aggro hunter, which it seems like you are trying to avoid. The other is the neutered mid-range hunter, just without unleash or buzzard (and by neutered, I mean somewhat balanced now compared to other classes). Here is a link to the basic structure of the second deck. Either path though, involves undertaker since webspinners and mad scientists are almost autoinclude in every hunter list.

Due to the hunter's hero ability, no hunter deck aimed at late-game control is particularly optimized. They do have one of the best control minions in highmane, but other than that, you're just running a more aggressive late-game control (which sounds - and is - oxymoronic). Inventor, longbow, and krush are generally too slow for a hunter deck. Arcane shot is questionable.

Once you tighten up your early game and force your opponent to react and respond, they won't be able to throw up anything large and solid against your onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Hunter strength right now is in the quality of their minions. Their hero power and strong early game allow them to apply pressure even with control cards later on. What I see in your deck is a lack of quality low cost creatures - thus ceding board control against aggro, and coinflipping against slower decks - and then you attempt to regain it to use late game minions afterwards.

There's basically two hunter decks in legendary play right now. One is the back-to-the-roots hyper aggressive aggro hunter, which it seems like you are trying to avoid. The other is the neutered mid-range hunter, just without unleash or buzzard (and by neutered, I mean somewhat balanced now compared to other classes). Here is a link to the basic structure of the second deck. Either path though, involves undertaker since webspinners and mad scientists are almost autoinclude in every hunter list.

Due to the hunter's hero ability, no hunter deck aimed at late-game control is particularly optimized. They do have one of the best control minions in highmane, but other than that, you're just running a more aggressive late-game control (which sounds - and is - oxymoronic). Inventor, longbow, and krush are generally too slow for a hunter deck. Arcane shot is questionable.

Once you tighten up your early game and force your opponent to react and respond, they won't be able to throw up anything large and solid against your onslaught.
    I get what you're saying and i know there are much more reliable hunter decks out there, but the most fun I have in hearthstone is building an oddball deck and seeing how far I can go with it.