Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will this laptop run WoD on ULTRA?

will this laptop run WoD on ultra settings? with on issues

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-republic-of-gamers-rog-17-3-laptop-16gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-256gb-solid-state-drive-black/1307523117.p?id=mp1307523117&skuId=1307523117&st=categoryid$pcmcat247400050000&cp=1&lp=1#t ab=buyingOptions

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't see why not. May have to crank down shadows a bit. multi-sampling at most. WoD may play even better on it.

It's a laptop though. Don't expect desktop performance.

EDIT: You know if you're spending that much on a gaming laptop, you may benefit more from just getting a custom one made from somewhere like http://www.xoticpc.com/.

Something like http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8258s...ma-p-6989.html.

FYI, That ROG laptop is on Amazon for $1600.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-09-25 at 06:23 PM.

Deleted
    It's an overkill for WoW. Even a laptop with 840m and an I5 processor would be able to run it on ultra. WoW isn't very demanding when it comes to graphic cards, you just need a decent CPU for those 25m raids.

Well, depends. You won't be able to play on ultra settings in 20 man mythic raids.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

No PC can currently run WoW on ultra in 25-man raids with everything on ultra without issues, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by taybox View Post

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-republic-of-gamers-rog-17-3-laptop-16gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-256gb-solid-state-drive-black/1307523117.p?id=mp1307523117&skuId=1307523117&st=categoryid$pcmcat247400050000&cp=1&lp=1#t ab=buyingOptions
    Good rule of thumb if you actually care about your money is going to a place online like NCIX and custom building your laptop part by part and they piece it together for you. For $1900 you'll end up getting a vastly more superior laptop for the same price because your not paying all of the mark up fees and bloated prices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    No PC can currently run WoW on ultra in 25-man raids with everything on ultra without issues, so no.
    I can actually....Even with heavy spell animations i stay stable at 45-60FPS..Haven't lagged once in the year that i've had it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post

I can actually....Even with heavy spell animations i stay stable at 45-60FPS..Haven't lagged once in the year that i've had it.
    Ever drops below 60 = not stable. Also, I doubt it is with everything on the absolute max with 1080+ resolution.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This depends on your definition of no issues. If by no issues you mean >60FPS 100% of the time, then no it's not possible.

But smooth gameplay is still possible.

Ever drops below 60 = not stable. Also, I doubt it is with everything on the absolute max with 1080+ resolution.
    It is actually...Every single option is on MAX in 1920x1080 resolution. Only time it ever dips below 60 is absolute max punishment in a 25 man raid and even then, rarely happens...Usually around 70-120fps in 25M raids...Not sure where you get this data from that no computer can do this...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is actually...Every single option is on MAX in 1920x1080 resolution. Only time it ever dips below 60 is absolute max punishment in a 25 man raid and even then, rarely happens...Usually around 70-120fps in 25M raids...Not sure where you get this data from that no computer can do this...
    Oh lord...you're one of those people that constantly come into threads like this spitting false information aren't you? People like you do nothing but make the uninformed feel like something is wrong with their set ups just because you claim these type of things. 70-120FPS outside of combat doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Oh lord...you're one of those people that constantly come into threads like this spitting false information aren't you? People like you do nothing but make the uninformed feel like something is wrong with their set ups just because you claim these type of things. 70-120FPS outside of combat doesn't count.
    That's in combat...Like fights with 1st SoO boss Immersius i stay at 90FPS on average. Think it's the other way around here..If you don't know your facts do us all a favor and don't post. Not sure what world you live in where $2500 desktops can't run WoW raids above 60 fps. Only fight that has ever knocked me below 60 fps on a consistent basis was 25 man Lei Shen.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's in combat...Like fights with 1st SoO boss Immersius i stay at 90FPS on average. Think it's the other way around here..If you don't know your facts do us all a favor and don't post. Not sure what world you live in where $2500 desktops can't run WoW raids above 60 fps. Only fight that has ever knocked me below 60 fps on a consistent basis was 25 man Lei Shen.
    Should also note that LFR doesn't really count either. Sorry, but you have yet to produce any specs of what you're running with, and to be honest no computer can maintain 90+ on heroic immerseus. With ~50 adds spawning at once and all the puddles on the ground, you're looking at 30-40fps. Same goes for fights like heroic malkorok and the orbs constantly spawning.

I disagree with the comment of no computer can run the game on Ultra settings, but I don't agree that you can maintain 60+ FPS 100% of the time in 25man heroics. It's not happening.

Stop posting bullshit and take it somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taybox View Post

Overpriced.

Building out a Sager 8278-S with similar specs (except for a faster processor and better graphics) comes in over $100 cheaper.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Should also note that LFR doesn't really count either. Sorry, but you have yet to produce any specs of what you're running with, and to be honest no computer can maintain 90+ on heroic immerseus. With ~50 adds spawning at once and all the puddles on the ground, you're looking at 30-40fps. Same goes for fights like heroic malkorok and the orbs constantly spawning.

I disagree with the comment of no computer can run the game on Ultra settings, but I don't agree that you can maintain 60+ FPS 100% of the time in 25man heroics. It's not happening.

Stop posting bullshit and take it somewhere else.
    I don't run LFR..I run Heroics with my guild.... No computer you say lol???? I would like to see some proof of that because mine does it every time....I've never once gone to 30-40 fps when all the puddle adds spawn.......I never made the claim it's 100% over 60FPS but it's damn close i can tell you that....95% of the time..With changes to WoD it will be 100%... It ain't bullshit no matter how hard you want it to be.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what are your system specs for this supposed super system?

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Overpriced.

Building out a Sager 8278-S with similar specs (except for a faster processor and better graphics) comes in over $100 cheaper.
    anything from best buy or places like that and your getting raped in the ass on prices...If like burning money..That's the place to go...I can go to NCIX right now and piece together a laptop that would be probably 50% more powerful for the same price or cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    4770k @ 4.6ghz with 770 MSI...Forget what the OC is without looking. Runs everything in WoW like butter..And got a car engine of a cooler on the processor and whole case for that manner..Always ice cold even when getting worked. Just works like a dream.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Dark, while you're at it, show us videos of entire boss fights where your FPS is shown in 25man heroic fights at ultra settings. Please do. If you can show me a video of 25man H Immerseus where your fps is consistently 90 fps at Ultra throughout the entire fight, I'll never post here again. It can't drop below 60 during the fight.

4770k @ 4.6ghz with 770 MSI...Forget what the OC is without looking. Runs everything in WoW like butter..And got a car engine of a cooler on the processor and whole case for that manner..Always ice cold even when getting worked. Just works like a dream.
    2500k @4.8Ghz, 4GB SC GTX 770x2 in SLI and I sure as hell don't see 90fps throughout the entire H Immerseus encounter.

Dark, while you're at it, show us videos of entire boss fights where your FPS is shown in 25man heroic fights at ultra settings. Please do. If you can show me a video of 25man H Immerseus where your fps is consistently 90 fps at Ultra throughout the entire fight, I'll never post here again. It can't drop below 60 during the fight.
    I might actually do it just so you don't..But we might have to settle on Heroic Spoils cuz that's where we are now this week..If the guild is going tonight i'll do it.

If there not going today...I'll run with them on tuesday reset and record a couple boss fights for you

- - - Updated - - -

2500k @4.8Ghz, 4GB SC GTX 770x2 in SLI and I sure as hell don't see 90fps throughout the entire H Immerseus encounter.
    Then something is seriously wrong somewhere with some settings.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I might actually do it just so you don't..But we might have to settle on Heroic Spoils cuz that's where we are now this week..If the guild is going tonight i'll do it.

If there not going today...I'll run with them on tuesday reset and record a couple boss fights for you
    H Malkorok, H Norushen, and H Immerseus. I'll take those fights in particular. Don't forget to show your settings of everything maxed out before the fight starts (shadows, MSAA, everything). All fights must be start to end and an FPS counter must be visible at all times. You're argument is 90 fps consistently on Immerseus and never dropping below 60 on the other 2 fights.

Spoils isn't acceptable because half your raid is in another area. It's not very intensive regardless.

Oh man. I had to reset my password just so I can log in and post because of your complete ignorance. I'm at 1080p, full resolution. Ultra settings, nothing at all turned down, 4x multisampling. I have never once dropped below 90 FPS. Including 25 man raids. And i'm on a laptop no less. Get your facts right before making such matter-of-fact statements.

I7 - Dual 860m GTX SLI video, 16GB RAM. Alienware 18, almost a year old.
    Last edited by Dawks; 2014-09-25 at 08:43 PM.