Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    You could go with a mineral oil cooled system;
    This one seems to have a couple fans in it, id guess thats just to circulate the oil around the heatsync or it may get too hot by it, you could experiment with it tho!
    Not going to be very effective.

Mineral oiled cooling heats up to a certain temperature, then it's going to remain at that simply because the water has nowhere to "cool off" IIRC.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Or use truly massive heatsinks.

Like a case that is a heatsink. 70lbs of aluminum heatsink and heatpipes to everything.

[IMG]http://www.quietpc.com/images/products/tnn500aflarge.jpg[IMG]

http://www.quietpc.com/tnn500af
    Discontinued otherwise it looks funny to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezusCrust View Post
    Mineral oiled cooling heats up to a certain temperature, then it's going to remain at that simply because the water has nowhere to "cool off" IIRC.
    Hence why you pipe it out to a radiator. Usually with some big fans, but with a big enough radiator you could dispense with that.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

fanless NUC: http://www.quietpc.com/sys-ultranuc-fanless

I installed one under the conference table at work to hook onto the TV on the wall. Works great, doesn't even come close to overheating. As far as 4K, the only problem you'll have is that you need HDMI 2.0 which is still pretty rare or run a displayport. HDMI 1.4 is limited to 1080p.

NUCs, high end heatsinks, and fanless accessories are too complicated.

Get yourself a $200-300 Intel Atom Windows 8.1/9 tablet and a $20 mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter.

My Dell Venue 11 Pro (slightly higher end) is completely silent and runs 1080p videos via MPC-HC with no issues.

If you have time, I recommend waiting for Intel Core M models coming Q4 2014/Q1 2015.