Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    You wouldn't burn it while thok is still in the bullpen. but if you're halfway down the hall and running out of room to kite, it's a pretty good failsafe. In 10m it's not uncommon to be fixated 2-3 times in a row given that there's usually only 8 other targets to fixate.
    You never get fixated more than once if you know what you are doing. Theres enough posts explaining how the fixate works so I'll let you do the research :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You never get fixated more than once if you know what you are doing. Theres enough posts explaining how the fixate works so I'll let you do the research :P
    He's talking about when he has a million stacks and is running faster than a ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Doesn't help with instants, which are what I like to use on siegecrafter while those rings of fire and the magnet are up at the same time.
    Getting rid of the sawblades can be annoyingly close in that situtation and would be an almost guaranteed wipe when it fails.

Edit: Thinking on it I guess it is an bandaid so instants cast just before SG with a macro will not cancel it right away when the server mixes up the order of execution. They had problems with that and vanish in the past, maybe they thought it was not worth the time to fix it properly?
    Sawblade cast is 3 seconds, more than enough time to guise even if you are on GCD at the start of the cast.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Quote Originally Posted by Zinge View Post
    Sawblade cast is 3 seconds, more than enough time to guise even if you are on GCD at the start of the cast.
    If latency and reaction time are low, if you (as healer) get distracted because others mess up and send out some shield after the cast has alreday started it can get close, especially if you are used to this kind of abilities not being on the GCD - as is the case with almost all of them.
    I do play other classes and it alwas irritates me when SG does not activate when I want to use it because it is on GCD.

Also: If you use SG too late into the cast he will just throw anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobrogost View Post
    He's talking about when he has a million stacks and is running faster than a ferrari
    Why are you getting to "a million stacks" then? Fail strategy is fail.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you *need* to guise sawblades though? Does it cause raid wipes? No. Does it limit safe spots for the raid? Not when the room is so big. Does it kill you even if you clip it? No.

It's not about the "can", it's about the "why".
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

While the rings of fire are up on heroic Siegecrafter sawblades are a pain for healers.

While the rings of fire are up on heroic Siegecrafter sawblades are a pain for healers.
    It's not like whoever gets sawblades can't just run slightly to the left/right/whatever, such a big deal. Plenty of safe spots to stand for rings of fire.

And if you don't have any priests or classes who can drop off the threat table for sawblades, are you going to be helpless? No, just do the damn fight as its supposed to, run sawblades to the side.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    You wouldn't burn it while thok is still in the bullpen. but if you're halfway down the hall and running out of room to kite, it's a pretty good failsafe. In 10m it's not uncommon to be fixated 2-3 times in a row given that there's usually only 8 other targets to fixate.
    It is impossible to get fixated twice in a row if you just know how the fixating mechanic works.....

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Why are you getting to "a million stacks" then? Fail strategy is fail.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you *need* to guise sawblades though? Does it cause raid wipes? No. Does it limit safe spots for the raid? Not when the room is so big. Does it kill you even if you clip it? No.

It's not about the "can", it's about the "why".

The "Why" is pretty obvious. Have you even done the fight? I guess depending on your belt order, your strategy might be less punishing, but Guising sawblades eliminates movement at the cost of a GCD. For 99% of players, this tradeoff is worth it. I can't count how many times I've started moving to take the warlock portal for belts and either get targeted with Sawblade while I'm running to the portal, or mid-flight to the pipe. Guise prevents bad sawblades both where the raid is standing, and on the pipe.

- - - Updated - - -

If latency and reaction time are low, if you (as healer) get distracted because others mess up and send out some shield after the cast has alreday started it can get close, especially if you are used to this kind of abilities not being on the GCD - as is the case with almost all of them.
    I do play other classes and it alwas irritates me when SG does not activate when I want to use it because it is on GCD.

Also: If you use SG too late into the cast he will just throw anyway.

Yeah, if there is one second on the cast, he will throw, but with WAs and bossmods, this shouldn't ever be an issue. Your reaction time just needs to be better.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Yeah, if there is one second on the cast, he will throw, but with WAs and bossmods, this shouldn't ever be an issue. Your reaction time just needs to be better.
    Well, it is, which is why I do it. Still, the inconsitiency compared to other purely defensive abilites irritates me whenever I switch to priest.

You can guise Siegecrafter's laser as well. It'll fixate onto somebody else without telling them. If it wipes the raid, "wow that mechanic is really buggy lately."

(Protip: Only do this in Flex.)

On my priest I have used it for every boss in regular and up to Nazgrim on heroic, it's drops you out of combat as long as the clone of you dies it confuses the boss, just get away from it and you live. I've even used it in the WoD Alpha/Beta so no nerfs there. It's not even temperamental if you know how to use it. Best Talent in that branch imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    On my priest I have used it for every boss in regular and up to Nazgrim on heroic, it's drops you out of combat as long as the clone of you dies it confuses the boss, just get away from it and you live. I've even used it in the WoD Alpha/Beta so no nerfs there. It's not even temperamental if you know how to use it. Best Talent in that branch imo.
    Paragons like to kill you despite it :P