Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warcraft III in WoW

As someone who played WoW blindly, only knowing vaguely about lore, playing Warcraft 3 really inspired me to make this. I know most of you probably know a lot of these things already, but it's still cool to look back at. These little details are what makes me like WoW over other MMORPG's.

http://www.youtube.com/wowcrendor

Sometimes I'm funny, but not really

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    That´s what you get for ignoring lore in-game. There´s even more of it all around world.
    But on the other hand, its great compilation to remind people there actually IS lore around.

Deleted
    After playing through the WCIII human campaign, I went and visited all the spots I could remember seeing in WoW. Great video.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played wc3 and tft a lot. even some wc2 although that was so long ago and I was so young I dont remember the story much. Apart from knowing uther was brown.

I do agree with you, I do like the connections made and that is one reason why I like undercity.

I know you havnt gotten up to it yet but you need to include the area that thrall and grom kill manaroth for the first time in ashenvale (Demon fall canyon). The battle for mount hyjal is a complete wow remake of the last mission in wc3.

Also felwood where illidin killed (sorta) tichondrius with the help of skull of guldan.

When you get to the end of the orc campaign watch the WoD cinematic again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good stuff, Crendor! I think one of the thing's WoW has lost with age was the fact that feeling you mention in your video, since all these places from the RTS games that are in WoW have been discovered.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    That´s what you get for ignoring lore in-game. There´s even more of it all around world.
    But on the other hand, its great compilation to remind people there actually IS lore around.
    Exactly...

When you ignore ingame lore, haven't played WC3, have amnesia or are just a bit stupid, this is what you get :P
    But kudos on your personal revelation, Crendor! I always love to see places from older games.

On another note: I know it's virtually impossible, but I sometimes get annoyed by places not being in the game, or places being SUPER small in relation to what they should be...

10+ Year Old Account
    wtf crendor thought you quit?
    tell jesse I said hi
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe that you've played WoW since like 2005 Crendor and hadn't played WC3 until now... atleast you're finally getting through it

OT: I knew about these all already, but they are still cool nonetheless.
    Pity you didn't check through them prior to Cata and saw the better vision Blizz0 had for them for after Wc3.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty mind blowing that people can get to 90 and not know this stuff is in game. Great video though. I love when people start making connections in WoW to things from the older games.

All the throw backs to the RTS series (Even little things like the Peasent and Peon soundbites from the RTS games) are one of the things that makes WoW stand out just a little bit more for me as an MMO.

The only other MMO (That I know of) with such a rich series history to draw on is FF14 (I suppose 11 too, but I didn't like that game and barely played it)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    You should give Warcraft 2 a try afterwards, Crendor. There are many things and characters that you'll recognize.
    Old but gold.

I'd add Preacher's vid about Warcraft 3, when he did exactly what Crendor did - played through the campaign for the first time after years of playing wow :P
    And was amazed how much of W3 is in WoW, how they kept everything that was Warcraft upon transition into MMO.. How they paid their respect to the universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Still waiting for Warcraft IV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelden View Post
    You should give Warcraft 2 a try afterwards, Crendor. There are many things and characters that you'll recognize.
    Old but gold.
    Like why The Burning Crusade even happened, really. Didn't people wonder how there was so much built-up human presence? WC2 Beyond the Dark Portal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Like why The Burning Crusade even happened, really. Didn't people wonder how there was so much built-up human presence? WC2 Beyond the Dark Portal
    And much more!

For instance, for most players those runestones in the Eversong Woods don't mean much, but those of us who played WC2 made a few genocides just because of those, one of them was in Caer Darrow (that's where the island where Scholomance is located).

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelden View Post
    Old but gold.
    well him and Mystery/Toasterwoman is reading Chronicles of War
    ot I am glad to see you like delving in to the pre wow lore of the old games thee is allot of cool stuff in them and it exiting then you find stuff relate to it.
    hope you enjoy continued play/read and find even more cool lore spots in wow

"These little details are what makes me like WoW over other MMORPG's"

Exact same thing for me. Awesome vid been playing WC3 recently as well.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

no advertising ur videos

you think u can do it because ur famous on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Exactly...

When you ignore ingame lore, haven't played WC3, have amnesia or are just a bit stupid, this is what you get :P
    But kudos on your personal revelation, Crendor! I always love to see places from older games.

On another note: I know it's virtually impossible, but I sometimes get annoyed by places not being in the game, or places being SUPER small in relation to what they should be...
    I had never played WC 3 or knew anything about it. I started playing in BC didn't really care for anything going on there though I found Kara intriguing. Never saw sunwell. Wrath came and I was leveling and kept hearing about this arthas guy with the in game scenes like when you kill the ghosts on the forgotten shore or when arthas gets frostmourne and especially the wrathgate. So I was intrigued enough to go look up this arthas guy and figure why he was important. And after 3 days of nothing but warcraft lore on youtube I became aware of what was going on and loved it. Wrath did such a fantastic job telling both the past and present story and its something that has been missed since cata was launched. MoP did a better job of telling a story than Cata did.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Deleted
    I always wanted to play WC1-3 but they are RTS and i just CAN'T play RTS. Also, i can't play orc campaigns because fuck greenskins. I started WC3 two times and when orc missions started, my playing stopped. Meh.

I definitely knew WC games before wow though, through gaming magazines and one guy played WC2 in school etc. I just suck at RTS games and i'm not even a clicker... I've been reading novels so i'm familiar with lore but sometimes i hope Blizzard re-makes WC1-3 and puts some supercasual-noob difficulty mode into them.