Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ...
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Oh the Iron E. Sitting in your armchair in front of your PC insulting other people as "interwebs armchair posters". You are a hilarious one, not very smart but quite entertaining.

"Shoddy piece of evidence", sure an actual video of the police officers sneaking up on him and immediatly gunning him down is a totaly a shoddy piece of evidence. Are you really claiming this guy deserved to be shot, that the police officers and caller behaved as they should and nobody but him is to blame for taking something of the shelf he planned to buy?

Man I really hope you aren't a cop, otherwise it's no wonder most Americans hat American cops.

"I totes have stuff to back up my claims but I'm not gonna show it because reasons. Not lying, honest!".
    Well, only one of us wants to hear the whole story. And I guess you're even ignoring the evidence in the video. But that's fine. You live in your world, I'll live in the real one.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    If you weren't so obsessed with skin color, you would consider the other factors involved, like the fact that he moved towards his dropped weapon with police coming at him, rather than freeze like anyone who is both sensible and innocent would.
    Man on phone gets surprised by multiple cops pointing guns at him. And you're mad he acts erratically?

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post

If you weren't so obsessed with skin color, you would consider the other factors involved, like the fact that he moved towards his dropped weapon with police coming at him, rather than freeze like anyone who is both sensible and innocent would.
    he was shot long before the airsoft had a chance to fall to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Waiting until he becomes agressive to stop a threat is ridiculous.
    Really? By your reasoning, if we see a kid with a can of spray paint we should immediately arrest him for the threat of graffiti. I can't stop facepalming at your comment. If he's not aggressive, he's not a threat. Tens of thousands of people in the USA carry guns every day, should they all just be killed on sight? Because of the potential threat they pose? After all, by your logic, we need to eliminate the "threat" before it becomes aggressive.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Hmm, I re-watched the video twice, I never saw him once pointing it at once at anyone. Please timestamp him pointing the gun at anyone.

Secondly, I didn't see him move towards his gun at all. It looks like he was shot and just limping towards anything he could. He was not warned, he was just shot.

Edit: A third viewing of the end, he didn't go for his gun, he looked around the corner to see who was yelling at him.

Maybe he wanted them to see him surrendering?
    Hmmmm, I've only watched the video linked at the start of this thread, and the guy is walking around the store with a rifle. The video is horrible and tells nothing of what was said by either side (audio is almost nonexistent) and it's also sped up at the time of Crawford actually getting shot.

So the video is at best suspect, at worst almost worthless because you can't get the whole story. Cops don't just show and shoot someone without good reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    Really? By your reasoning, if we see a kid with a can of spray paint we should immediately arrest him for the threat of graffiti. I can't stop facepalming at your comment. If he's not aggressive, he's not a threat. Tens of thousands of people in the USA carry guns every day, should they all just be killed on sight? Because of the potential threat they pose? After all, by your logic, we need to eliminate the "threat" before it becomes aggressive.
    Really, tens of thousands of people carry assault rifle replicas through busy stores? Use good analogies or don't bother - you just look ridiculous otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Hmmmm, I've only watched the video linked at the start of this thread, and the guy is walking around the store with a rifle. The video is horrible and tells nothing of what was said by either side (audio is almost nonexistent) and it's also sped up at the time of Crawford actually getting shot.

So the video is at best suspect, at worst almost worthless because you can't get the whole story. Cops don't just show and shoot someone without good reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Really, tens of thousands of people carry assault rifle replicas through busy stores? Use good analogies or don't bother - you just look ridiculous otherwise.
    Cops do show up and shoot people all the time for no reason.

That air rifle was not even close to looking like an assault rifle(do you even understand what an AR is? or are you one of those idiots who think every gun that looks scary is an AR?)

The state has an open carry law, he was allowed by law to carry a weapon inside(even if it was not real).

The 911 caller lied, everything he said was bullshit and it caused someone to die. He did not point at anyone, especially children like the caller said. He was not loading it like the caller said.

I dont think the guy shouldve been carrying around the unopened weapon when he couldve gotten one in a box, so his stupidity helped him get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Not at all, but its a different thread on the front page every time I come here lol.
    If a title bothers you then you should probably just stay off the internetz. Other than that, don't try to control what other people do. It'll only end in frustration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Really, tens of thousands of people carry assault rifle replicas through busy stores?
    No, they carry ACTUAL rifles through busy stores.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters