Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

The upcoming changes will send a shockwave through the community?

I think it's safe to say that only a small portion of players post on forums and even less follow news on changes about the game and the upcoming expansion.

Yesterday, I asked what people thought about the upcoming ability "nerf", not being able to fly in Warlords and about no Tier/Bis trinkets in the Raidfinder in a very large social/leveling guild and people got angry and upset at me for telling such lies. They just would'nt believe it, perhaps even refused to believe it.

This made me wonder what kind of shockwave will go through the playerbase when they only discover these things when they go live. Especially since the changes are pretty huge compared to last expansions that already got people upset about minor changes.

This could potentially be a very, very bumpy start for Warlords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think it's safe to say that only a small portion of players post on forums and even less follow news on changes about the game and the upcoming expansion.

Yesterday, I asked what people thought about the upcoming ability "nerf", not being able to fly in Warlords and about no Tier/Bis trinkets in the Raidfinder in a very large social/leveling guild and people got angry and upset at me for telling such lies. They just would'nt believe it, perhaps even refused to believe it.

This made me wonder what kind of shockwave will go through the playerbase when they only discover these things when they go live. Especially since the changes are pretty huge compared to last expansions that already got people upset about minor changes.

I call BS.

Sry

yeah, maybe so, but I don't know if the people who don't follow mmo-champ or other wow-news really give that much of a shit about class mechanics and balance. But if you say "no flying in WoD", that would probably make some noice, but that's also probably a lie.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I call BS.

Sry
    Why call Blacksmith when no one is defending the Lumber Mill?

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    yeah, maybe so, but I don't know if the people who don't follow mmo-champ or other wow-news really give that much of a shit about class mechanics and balance. But if you say "no flying in WoD", that would probably make some noice, but that's also probably a lie.
    They don't care untill they suddenly notice massive changes.
    Then it's the old torch and pitchfork and a million march to the official forums :P

Getting angry at him for telling lies is a bit far-fetched.

I have asked in trade chat before about no flying, and I always get at least one whisper asking if its true.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's not safe to say. Many, many more people have Blizzard, mmo-champion, wowhead, etc. followed on social media sites for updates, browse the sites for them, run across them while looking up other things...

Not only that, but many people--yourself included--bring information from these sites and Blizzard posts into the game itself. Not to mention that Blizzard posts show up on the News section of the Battle.net launcher.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

You are either getting trolled or you are surrounded by the few minority that DON'T keep up with changes AND also get overly angry over confirmed changes.
    Stay salty my friends.

A significant portion of players don't use this site or the official forums nor do they have much interest in actively seeking out information for future content patches so that they can avoid spoilers. I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept for some folk around these parts to grasp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    A significant portion of players don't use this site or the official forums nor do they have much interest in actively seeking out information for future content patches so that they can avoid spoilers. I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept for some folk around these parts to grasp.
    Even Blizzard said this at some point.

Even Blizzard said this at some point.
    Yeah, I can't recall where exactly but I've definitely read something along those lines more than once.

Well then mr. awesometastic smarty-pants did u tell them that their power won't be affected and that we actually get double health-pools? Or that the content is so awesome in WoD that u won't need flying because we have powerful items that teleport us or that we can use Ogre Gateways (fkin cool right?) OR that you can build a workshop in your garrison that prepares one siege-machine/day with which you can roll out laik a baws? I guess u didn't. Stop fearmongering on less-informed people please

Such a sad day when the good players of this game finally get some kind of reward for all their effort other than ilvl. Tell me what an LFR player does to even deserve tier or trinkets in the first place let alone epic items. You think it will be a bumpy start while I think it will be the opposite. MoP could be said to be one of the most casual expansions of this game yet, rewarding people for minimal effort with epic items. If you look at when subs dropped you would see that making the game easier doesn't attract people even though they are the majority. Making people work for tier or trinkets beyond LFR gives them something to strive for, something to look up to, something to keep them playing the game beyond subbing, clearing LFR to see content and unsubbing.

Simply giving higher ilvl isn't something people care for. It has to do with looks as well and I'm happy Blizzard agrees.

10+ Year Old Account
    People won't even notice until they hit 100. I still think it's great that there'll be no flying, it makes the world bigger, more interesting to explore and more immersive. It was a nice convenience thing back in the day, but in an age with LFD and LFR, it's just not needed. Also, there's still the flight masters, of which there are way more now than in vanilla or TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry. I'm sure Blizzard will buckle under the pressure like they always do when they pull something all kinds of drastic straight out of their ass. If not this expansion, then the next, I'm sure things will be very, very different. Possibly the exact opposite. They never stick to their guns about stuff. They flip-flop on what they think they want every expansion. I think sometimes they change just to change. They're like my cat. That thing doesn't know what the fuck it wants. It wants to have what it thinks it wants not because it knows it wants it but because they want the option of having it. Because cats. Example: our little Puss constantly wants to be let inside and outside. I'll open the door. "meow, o i think i'll come in thanks. where's my food, bish?" Two seconds later, I will walk past the door on my way upstairs and she'll run right back to the door and start whining. "meow, let me outside, bish." Sometimes, she goes out. Sometimes, she will just stand there and stare outside for a second, then turn back inside like "o lol jk trolled you, bish. werez my fewd?"

TL;DR
    Fucking cats.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to ask, seeing as we both play on Argent Dawn, what your experience is; when I see these things discussed, I tend to find that people are pretty well informed in general. Are you seeing different?

Quote Originally Posted by The Caretaker View Post
    I wanted to ask, seeing as we both play on Argent Dawn, what your experience is; when I see these things discussed, I tend to find that people are pretty well informed in general. Are you seeing different?
    Role-playing realms are a bit of an exception since the players who indulge in that aspect of the game tend to be the sort who do a lot of personal research and keep up to date with fresh news. I have a number of friends from other servers, though, and whenever I've jumped over to play on their realms they seem a lot less informed and a lot more 'taking each day as it comes' in terms of the game itself. It's odd, really - Argent Dawn has a very active realm forum yet even many of the large PvE and PvP realms don't seem to boast the same level of activity on theirs.

On a side note, have we met in-game? I'm curious!

I'm all for a good troll post but this is just boring.

I swear I saw almost this exact same post a long time ago. Are we up to something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by creamo42 View Post
    I'm all for a good troll post but this is just boring.
    do not call other posters trolls -_-

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Straight up wisdom.
    I cannot wait for the uninformed people to catch wind of some of these changes.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-