Thread: [TV] Bones

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I used to love Bones. It just got to be too much. 2 things killed it for me, and I'm not planning on getting back into it because of those things.

1. Brennan and Booth getting together. The sexual tension between these two was a big part of what made the show engaging for me. The awkward chemistry, the sexual tension. It was good, fun, teasing, and captivating. So what did they do with the characters? They made them get married and have kids! Way to ruin the appeal and intrigue.

Instead of being two people fun flirtatious interplay, they became just another married couple. yay. I don't already get that at home. That's what made Ross and Rachel so perfect for TV. They were on, then off. It was turbulent and dramatic.

2. Pilante. Jesus, this guy literally ruined the show for me. His story line went on WAY to long and he was just way too perfect of a villain. It got boring and trite really fast. I mean what the hell was going on? It just got ridiculous. I mean at one point he could like hack computers through DNA or some bullshit? No.

Bones was solid when still the build up to the booth/bones climax with crimes of the week storylines. Now it seems like they are living the in the sleepy, boring after cum of their climax with season wide epic storylines that get to the point where they don't make sense. I miss old Bones.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Uhhh its clear you haven't seen the very newest episodes if you think its boring now.

I lost my love for bones around Season 8 or 9 I think it was, but I'm back to being really invested in the show, it picked up majorly

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Uhhh its clear you haven't seen the very newest episodes if you think its boring now.
    I haven't seen the newest episodes...if you are talking to me...I will admit that. It's not that I think the show is boring, but I just think a lot of what made the show good has been lost.

It's sort of the sale deal with X-files. While Mulder and Scully never hooked up in a meaningful way they managed to keep the sexual tension that was dramatic and fun to watch all the way to the show's conclusion. The problem that show had is that it lost the fun monster of the week format that I felt made it so great. their downfall was when it became a show all about the government's cover continued cover up of aliens on Earth.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    I haven't seen the newest episodes...if you are talking to me...I will admit that. It's not that I think the show is boring, but I just think a lot of what made the show good has been lost.

It's sort of the sale deal with X-files. While Mulder and Scully never hooked up in a meaningful way they managed to keep the sexual tension that was dramatic and fun to watch all the way to the show's conclusion. The problem that show had is that it lost the fun monster of the week format that I felt made it so great. their downfall was when it became a show all about the government's cover continued cover up of aliens on Earth.
    They suffered from the Moonlighting curse for about the first half of the season immediately after bones and brennan got together, and I admit that season was crap, and it seemed like the show was only going downhill from there, which I'm assuming is probably about where you watched to, but it's back to it's old standards now, and improved drastically from the decline you remember

I have kind of mixed feelings about this episode.

Sweets funeral was pretty fantastic, although reusing "Lime in the Coconut," even though they did establish Sweets liked the song, felt a bit strange. They used it when Vincent Nigel-Murray died and I feel like the quirky juxtaposition of a death of someone close to them while singing that stupid song was used up. So doing it again was a bit underwhelming. But Brennan's speech was nice. I also liked it when she pretty much accepted the validity of Psychology (Jeeze, something she's always said she's disliked since Season 1) because of Sweets and how they figured out the guy behind the conspiracy was that weasely doctor guy.

That being said, I felt like the build up just to find out it is the weasely doctor guy was supremely underwhelming. I know the show itself tries to write this off by Hodgins saying his line about the true masterminds hiding in plain sight, ectect, but it felt as if they changed how significant the conspiracy was right at the end. Maybe I was just interpreting it the wrong way, but I felt like the show implied the conspiracy was legitimately high up in the government. They already were involving Senators last season, but then to ultimately find out it was some random Doctor who just had some weird warped view of history. Didn't really leave an impact on me. And I really think this conspiracy storyline was/is probably the best the show has done thusfar. Just kind of dropped the ball at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bones was a nice show until they started poping childrens left and right , it got boring and stagnant after that , and now they are doing it again with Lance soon to pop out child and his girl that is so irrelephant i cannot even remember her name... also cuting the conspiracy plot like this felt really rushed, im dissapointed ;/

But there are...only 2 kids over 10 seasons. Daisy isn't being promoted to a series regular, so even when she has her baby, you won't be seeing it a lot.

That being said, I'm fairly certain that episode was by far the most time we've ever seen Christine, and it was a total of like 2 minutes.

Agreed on the re-using of the Lime and the Coconut ... It was good for Nigel Murray but it's just kind of repetitive here I think. I would've been happy with no song, the speeches were enough to make me cry anyway, but idk, the emotion disappeared so quickly when that song came on, I was just like eh, not again, that's kind of wierd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeeah the song didn't fit as well this time, maybe just because they'd already used it, but even if they hadn't it just didn't have the same feel to it as with Vincent Nigel-Murray. He was much sillier than Sweets and it was kind of adorable when they sang it at his coffin.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.