10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

New Spyro is possible

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...yro-the-dragon

Insomniac's Ted Price has spoken about whether or not we'll ever see a new game in the Spyro the Dragon franchise.

Speaking to IGN at this year's EGX convention, Price explained that he'd be more than happy to create another game on the popular character if the right opportunity comes along.

"Activision’s done a great job with Spyro," he said. "They resurrected him and, in my opinion, Skylanders is still about Spyro. It’s got the same aesthetic, the same broad appeal and they’ve done a great job of bringing that character and his world to a brand new set of fans. That’s very hard to do in an age where a lot of games are darker and grittier.

"We’ll always love Spyro. I’ve learned to say never say never so… who knows?"
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Price was lying through his teeth about Activision, but anyways this is good news!

The original 3 Spyro games were some of the most fun platformers ever made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get Steve Copeland on that on that game.

If this were actually possible I would be pretty happy as I love the original three Spyro games. Just thinking about them causes a lot of nostalgia but the thing is that they are actually even good by today's standards. I can go on my PS3 whenever I want to play them and still drain hours into them much like Banjo Kazooie and Tooie.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I'm pretty sure Price was lying through his teeth about Activision, but anyways this is good news!

The original 3 Spyro games were some of the most fun platformers ever made.
    If anything, only about the "Skylanders being Spyro", because I don't even like Spyro that much and I still don't consider that a Spyro game.

But I can't imagine those last few Spyro games really of doing that good on the DS and what not, so it's probably true that Skylanders has been a lot more popular.

Either way, I know enough people that would enjoy a new Spyro game to be interested myself.

Deleted
    Think Spyro and Ratchet and clank are the reasons I love Wildstar, I'll always have space in my life for another

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know if we'll get another good spyro anymore, wish i am wrong :C
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd also love a new jak and daxter game.... I miss it so much x.x
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather them never do another Spyro than turn out another game in his current incarnation. He looks so squished, and the format form Hero's Tail onward was just bad imo.