15+ Year Old Account

Blocking spells (WoD PVP)

So, I've been trying to decide what to level for WoD (no, this isn't a pick-my-class thread) and I've been looking at talents and the level 100 Prot Paladin talent peaked my interest. I've never really had a geared protadin, so I'm not sure what their block % is capable of, but the talent Holy Shield adding 15% block chance, the ability to block spells, and reflect holy damage looks particularly interesting. Given the prevalence of spell/dot cleaves wouldn't this make protadins very capable tanks in RBGs? I mean, a guardian has a ton of armor and dodge, but they can't block spells. I know part of the reason Druids are also so popular is because of being able to stealth, overall speed, and anti root/snare. Has any caster come across a protadin in beta, is their spell blocking ability really as good as It looks on paper, or has it really not been that much of an impact.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

To block, the target has to be in front of you. Avoidance/Block has always been bad for PvP because, obviously, everyone goes behind each other. I assume it would work the same for spell blocking - in which case higher health and passive damage reduction will still beat it for PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will get soloed by a rogue.

Warlords of Draenor: Prot Paladin Holy Block PvP Build! WoW:WoD Gameplay/Commentary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpMZ...4gLmPt6UqqgGHw
    Rock: "We're sub-standard DPS. Nerf Paper, Scissors are fine."
    Paper: "OMG, WTF, Scissors!"
    Scissors: "Rock is OP and Paper are QQers. We need PvP buffs."

Prot was in a very good spot a couple builds ago in beta, in duels you could actually win against alot of things, or at the very least have a close fight. Now, they have either buffed most classes past prot or nerfed it right into the ground for any sort of pvp. Im currently doing a mastery build and Ive managed 50.09% block with food and enchants. So far it isnt looking very promising. Prot was going to be my main alt and probally still will be, just dont think it will be very competitive.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Deleted
    don`t think you`ll block chaos bolts with holy shield . developing for pvp will probably concentrate on ret and holy

good thread

- - - Updated - - -

I think so too!

Infracted for minor spam
    Last edited by Nicola; 2014-10-01 at 10:52 PM.