Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Im engineering and enchanting atm. Only have enchanting since back in the day i would DE my gear that got replaced and sell it for a nice profit. Since i can de things in my garrison i dont think that would be needed. Also engineering because synapse, belt and glider are just too good to have as a raider. I might go alch+inscription since that way i would have 2 trinkets already for raiding which can be upgraded. From what i understand if you dont have the profession you cannot fully upgrade your crafted items. So if i got the DMF trinket made in my inscription hut i couldnt upgrade it fully.

using a gathering profession on rogue for a pvp server is stupid. cant stand toe to toe and expect to get slain over and over. fighting over a #@$%*&! node.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Blacksmithing and Inscription for trinket and weapons.
    Am I missing something, or can your alts make, say, you trinket and weapons (if you have an alt with blacksmithing and inscription)?

Just checking I don't need to get blacksmithing to use the weapons (upgraded to 655 when possible).

I've always been Engineering and Mining, ever since making the character back in the end phase of Vanilla. Having all the tinkering items on your main character (for PvP + PvE) is just too good (and interesting) to pass down. The amount of times rocket boots have saved my life in PvP is uncountable.

Quote Originally Posted by MutualSauce View Post
    uncountable.
    I think it won't save you now because it speed is nerfed to the ground. Good luck running away from double charge + leap warriors. I was engineer because its tools give you edge. Profession lacked a stable way to farm money but, I think, that was a compensation for its super useful tools.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2014-09-28 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wimp View Post
    Am I missing something, or can your alts make, say, you trinket and weapons (if you have an alt with blacksmithing and inscription)?

Just checking I don't need to get blacksmithing to use the weapons (upgraded to 655 when possible).
    I've no idea, but I have no blacksmith on my account.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Ench/Tailor

Convenience & profit $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Deleted
    I've always been master transmute alchemist and jewecrafter combination. I don't know, it just always served well since the materials mix together.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    LW / Enchanter for 8 years, not gonna change now lol

I'm Eng/Alch on live, no reason to change since there's essentially no prof-only benefits now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    using a gathering profession on rogue for a pvp server is stupid. cant stand toe to toe and expect to get slain over and over. fighting over a #@$%*&! node.
    I have LW&Skinning as my proff since TBC and i have always been on a pvp server and never had that problem. We keep our alliance pets in check,maybe you should learn to do the same.

Deleted
    Hey Guys,

I´m planning on lvling my first Rogue, starting next week, and to main it for WOD. I originally planned on going with Skinning/LW because its supposedly the easiest fitting combination (?). But as i get more into the theory behind this class, I start wondering if BS would´t be a smarter choice. One of the points that veteran rogues are criticizing the most in this forums about the rouge is, that you can get forced into playing a spec, by the drops you get, and I thought that you might fight this by beeing able to craft your own weapons. Would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

(Please excuse my bad english, as I´m german and haven´t written any english in years)

Quote Originally Posted by Fapz View Post
    (Please excuse my bad english, as I´m german and haven´t written any english in years)
    You did very well in my opinion. I tend to agree that you can get forced into a spec at first, until a good weapon you like drops. However, I'm not sure blacksmiths can make good enough weapons to make me change to it from other professions. I'm alchemy/enchanting. Alchemy saves you money (longer flasks) and enchanting hopefully will make money by selling to others. GL on your rogue!