Thread: Druids United!

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Druids United!

From the official forums, a good idea I thought and I will prob be joining in, even though my main is a lock. Love my druid's cheetah form...

"Calling all Druids of the Horde and Alliance! Come together in Gadgetzan for a ground travel journey to Moonglade in Stag or Cheetah Form to protest changes Blizzard is making to druid shapeshifting!

Visit the Druids United website for details:

http://druidsunited.altervista.org/
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-10-03 at 07:03 PM.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That retarded and un-needed change is one of the reasons I'm not getting WoD, just seen far too many changes now, and the loss of great abilities that I used often too

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    That retarded and un-needed change is one of the reasons I'm not getting WoD(
    Wow, talk about hyperbole! I guess I'm one of those heretics that has an "all-in-one" travel form macro (flight, land and seal) keybound. All this change means to me is one more freed up macro spot!

What I wanna know is: "Is this an RP thing?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pippilongear View Post
    Wow, talk about hyperbole! I guess I'm one of those heretics that has an "all-in-one" travel form macro (flight, land and seal) keybound. All this change means to me is one more freed up macro spot!
    Well, that was my thought too before I went to the PTR. It won't save up a macro slot, because it doesn't automatically change to cat form when you're indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Well, that was my thought too before I went to the PTR. It won't save up a macro slot, because it doesn't automatically change to cat form when you're indoors.
    But cat form needs its own keybinding anyway, personally I cant see the reason for all the hate but I guess its just a matter of preference.

I do see one problem with the other change however it has nothing to do with unifying the keybind.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    But cat form needs its own keybinding anyway
    Exactly, I have a separate keybind for cat form - useful for stealthing / tooling around

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    I do see one problem with the other change however it has nothing to do with unifying the keybind.
    Orly whats that?

Deleted
    Question for people who are in the beta:

When in Draenor, does travel form shift you into a stag or into flight form?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaldonir View Post
    Question for people who are in the beta:

When in Draenor, does travel form shift you into a stag or into flight form?
    Stag/cheetah since flying isn't available.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippilongear View Post
    Orly whats that?
    The automatic shapeshifting from travel form to aquatic form while in/out of water. You'll potentially lose the mounted speed (if glyphed) by accidentally going too deep in the water while in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    seems like a lot of effort for minimal pay off.
    Hi

I don't get the anger over the change.
    I mean sure, it's sort of annoying, but it's not enough of an issue for all the hate it seems to be gathering ...

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

I guess to some, changes are a frightening thing xd

Quote Originally Posted by Jassinta View Post
    I don't get the anger over the change.
    I mean sure, it's sort of annoying, but it's not enough of an issue for all the hate it seems to be gathering ...
    Yeah I'm not upset over the change, I think it is pointless, but I'm not overly cut over it. I just thought it'd be a cool event to be a part of, something to do if bored, and maybe, just maybe, it may make a point to Blizz. Small chance I know, but still, an hour of my time running through Kalimdor with a bunch of other players seems kinda fun, to me at least.

Deleted
    Is it that much of a big deal? Most Druids had this as a macro anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would join this if I could protest shamans getting the spectral wolf AND mount speed wolf, while we get stuck with mount stag, slow two person stag or slow cheetah. Sadly I cannot join for either cause, curse you nightshift weekends!!!

What pushes my buttons more is the fact that i can't use Glyph of the Cheetah AND the new Glyph of Travel.

Like, can i please use the new stuff you put in the game without being a freakin' xmass Stag?

I don't personally mind the new travel form they implemented, but i do understand why people are upset :/

Bad change imo. I use Cheetah form all the time for all AH stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Bad change imo. I use Cheetah form all the time for all AH stuff.
    Then sign up for the run! Why not? It's something to do!

This type of thing is exactly why I don't use my hearthsteed mount. You should maybe have to double-tap the jump keybind in order to take flight, rather than taking off instantly. Plus, the sound of landing after unintentionally taking off is a tad annoying. More annoying than having to have two key binds (for me at least).. But either way, I don't see a big problem. It will have been pretty nice in hindsight having each form separately bound.

Also, I enjoy the idea of doing something in a social group in an MMO instead of some repeated rat race that everyone can't wait to be done with. Go figure.
    Last edited by Dinoboy; 2014-09-27 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razhiel View Post
    What pushes my buttons more is the fact that i can't use Glyph of the Cheetah AND the new Glyph of Travel.

Like, can i please use the new stuff you put in the game without being a freakin' xmass Stag?
    This.
    I remember when stag used to be the option, and cheetah was the default travel form, like it used to be for so many years, and now we can't even get to look like a cheetah without sacrificing faster speeds? Shouldnt a cheetah run faster than a silly stag?

Obviously the glyph with being mountable is exclusive with the one becoming a cheetah, but why glyph of travel.