Thread: Druids United!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippilongear View Post
    Wow, talk about hyperbole! I guess I'm one of those heretics that has an "all-in-one" travel form macro (flight, land and seal) keybound. All this change means to me is one more freed up macro spot!

What I wanna know is: "Is this an RP thing?"
    Not an RP thing, But I think it's a retarded change regardless, I don't like them putting time into things to just take things away, Plus, like 7 years ago my brother was playing WoW, I'd not played it, and he was in Aldor Rise, then this Cheetah comes running past him, leaps off the huge lift, and just turned into a bird and flew away,

I thought that looked epic, I started playing, and have played that druid ever since, so to me it's a very iconic thing, I love Cheetah, I think it's silly they decided to update travel form and just completely change it, even if Cheetah was only intended to be a placeholder first, we had it for so long, and now not being able to ever use it in most of the game is saddening to me Q_Q

And People should stop this crap about "most druids had this macroed" Stop, just stop, you have literaly zero idea what "most" druids do, you and your 3friends are not "most" druids, by a long stretch :P

People get easily confused by passion, for some reason (Lack of life experience maybe) they confuse it with hate and anger, just remember this is a game you play it for fun, so obviously you are going to want things you find fun, to stay there, it doesn't mean you're gonna go kick a kitten over it if it's removed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    *snip*
    People get easily confused by passion, for some reason (Lack of life experience maybe) they confuse it with hate and anger, just remember this is a game you play it for fun, so obviously you are going to want things you find fun, to stay there, it doesn't mean you're gonna go kick a kitten over it if it's removed lol
    Yeah to me it seems like more of a needless restriction to the fun of the individual in the effort to streamline things. Button bloat doesn't explain this change to me, because they could of easily implemented a drop down type menu.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Not an RP thing, But I think it's a retarded change regardless, I don't like them putting time into things to just take things away, Plus, like 7 years ago my brother was playing WoW, I'd not played it, and he was in Aldor Rise, then this Cheetah comes running past him, leaps off the huge lift, and just turned into a bird and flew away,

I thought that looked epic, I started playing, and have played that druid ever since
    I totally agree with you and can relate! Although I love Cheetah form (just wish it would get a model update like everything else...) i also like stag... but tbh what I actually dislike the most is the fact you cant jump off a cliff in travel form/cat/bear/etc. anymore ~ and instantly shapeshift into flight form just before you hit the ground anymore. I got to experience BC and in all honesty, it was a blast jumping off Aldor Rise, it made me look forward to hearthing! xD But these days you run off a cliff in shapeshift, morph out into human form or else you're screwed, then morph into flight form... just creates momentum, takes away the epic effect, and isn't as fun. Wtb druid hybrid spec getting love again.... it's been so long... ;_;

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    The automatic shapeshifting from travel form to aquatic form while in/out of water. You'll potentially lose the mounted speed (if glyphed) by accidentally going too deep in the water while in combat.
    A worse bug imo is that if you attack something and then go into Travel (Stag) Form, if that mob dies and you exit combat, you do not automatically go back into Travel (Flight) Form. Which means you have to cancel Travel (Stag) Form and reapply Travel (Flight) form.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    A worse bug imo is that if you attack something and then go into Travel (Stag) Form, if that mob dies and you exit combat, you do not automatically go back into Travel (Flight) Form. Which means you have to cancel Travel (Stag) Form and reapply Travel (Flight) form.
    I dont see the reason why it should automatically swap into a mount?

But if you want that, then surely you'll understand it also means that your flight form also automatically swaps into travel form when you get into combat...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see the reason why it should automatically swap into a mount?

But if you want that, then surely you'll understand it also means that your flight form also automatically swaps into travel form when you get into combat...
    No, because Travel form is in every way inferior to flight form. You assume the goal of this new system is to always give you the optimum travel bonus.

No, because Travel form is in every way inferior to flight form. You assume the goal of this new system is to always give you the optimum travel bonus.
    Optimal travel bonus without going into mount-like speeds* which is the reason glyphed travel form doesnt automatically change to mount speed when you get out of combat.

Its very simple concept, what you're asking would require my point to be there aswell and I dont think any1 wants that.

It's not a particularly hard concept to grasp. If I want to hang out in Stormwind as a cheetah, I should be able to do so.

Like, the whole reason behind playing a druid is because you can shapeshift into animals. That is the crux of the class theme. Restricting that is obviously a huge deal--I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. If it wasn't for the theme of the druid, I would simply switch to the FOTM (FOTExpac may be more appropriate) healer from tier to tier, since the rest of the classes in this game are crap.

Why doesn't everyone here play a warlock? Are the DoT mechanics of boomkin or feral that much more appealing than affliction?
    Last edited by Pennoyer; 2014-09-27 at 10:49 AM.

The automatic shapeshifting from travel form to aquatic form while in/out of water. You'll potentially lose the mounted speed (if glyphed) by accidentally going too deep in the water while in combat.
    Oh...I though the combat/no-combat thing was dynamic.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Optimal travel bonus without going into mount-like speeds* which is the reason glyphed travel form doesnt automatically change to mount speed when you get out of combat.

Its very simple concept, what you're asking would require my point to be there aswell and I dont think any1 wants that.
    I don't see why it can't be a one way change of form. It's just a couple of if-statements that need to be changed.
    Code:
    if (!in_water){
       if(!in_combat){
          if(flying_allowed){
             travel_form = flight_form;
          }
         else travel form = 100_stag_form;

}
       else if (!(travel_form == flight_form)){
          travel form = 60_stag_form;
       }
    }
    else travel form = aquatic_form;
    I'm not a great programmer, I just know the basics, but I do not see why this wouldn't work?

I don't see why it can't be a one way change of form. It's just a couple of if-statements that need to be changed.
    Code:
    if (!in_water){
       if(!in_combat){
          if(flying_allowed){
             travel_form = flight_form;
          }
         else travel form = 100_stag_form;

}
       else if (!(travel_form == flight_form)){
          travel form = 60_stag_form;
       }
    }
    else travel form = aquatic_form;
    I'm not a great programmer, I just know the basics, but I do not see why this wouldn't work?
    No cheetah

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Isn't there a glyph to change it back to pre-WoD travel form style?
    AFAIK, and I am likely wrong or out of date, but the only glyph newly created in regards to this is a minor one that uses stag form over flight.

Its not a matter of "can it be done", its a matter of "is it logical".

If you're automatically swapping into your mount form when you get out of combat, then the logical thing is to get out of that said form when you get into combat.

Its like rogues asking for automatic stealth when they get out of combat.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    No cheetah
    There's 3 glyphs for Travel form in WoD.
    Glyph of Travel - gives 60% extra movement speed as a stag when not in combat.
    Glyph of the Stag - gives you the ability to let other people mount you.
    Glyph of the Cheetah - You appear as a cheetah in the ground travel form.

You can only use 1 of these at a time.

edit:
    Its not a matter of "can it be done", its a matter of "is it logical".

If you're automatically swapping into your mount form when you get out of combat, then the logical thing is to get out of that said form when you get into combat.

Its like rogues asking for automatic stealth when they get out of combat.
    I think it's illogical that this QoL improvement doesn't improve QoL. If you want to combine all travel forms into 1 ability and have it change dynamically to give you whatever gives you the best movement speed increase then I want it to actually give me the best movement speed increase.
    Last edited by Miraclous; 2014-09-27 at 11:50 AM.

Deleted
    They just wanted to simplify it. Druids have a lot of forms, and three of them alone are for travelling. The intention here was good. You can also still use the glyph in order to have stag and crow form separated. So the worst they've done here is take a glyph slot away from you. However, I think there's a better solution. Maybe this is a chance to overhaul how transformations for the druid, or in general, work. They could give us a bit more customization options. Instead of choosing the orca form via glyph, they could have an interface for that. An easy fix for this problem would also be to, instead of not being able to choose stag in an area where you can fly, they could just have separate buttons for each form and one additional button that changes depending on location. That way, you don't take control over shapeshifting away from players, and still give them the chance to have it be more simpliied.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2014-09-27 at 11:53 AM.

I think it's illogical that this QoL improvement doesn't improve QoL. If you want to combine all travel forms into 1 ability and have it change dynamically to give you whatever gives you the best movement speed increase then I want it to actually give me the best movement speed increase.
    Then you think its illogical, it just means that by logic you want it to change you from flight form to travel form when you get in combat. Feel free to suggest that to blizzard if you so wish.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then you think its illogical, it just means that by logic you want it to change you from flight form to travel form when you get in combat. Feel free to suggest that to blizzard if you so wish.
    No, because that wouldn't be optimal wouldn't it? I think I phrased myself pretty clear, so I'm not sure if you're just trolling or failing to read.

Deleted
    All classes had some mobility removed from them. Did you really think you can keep yours "cuz pro"?! Don't know what is there to protest against, you only got tuned to be in line with the rest of the classes.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    All classes had some mobility removed from them. Did you really think you can keep yours "cuz pro"?! Don't know what is there to protest against, you only got tuned to be in line with the rest of the classes.
    We didn't get any mobility removed, if any we got more through the Glyph of Travel. That's not what this discussion is about. It's about how the dynamic Travel Form should be implemented.

No, because that wouldn't be optimal wouldn't it? I think I phrased myself pretty clear, so I'm not sure if you're just trolling or failing to read.
    Its the optimal one you can shift into when you're in combat, thus it would dynamically swap you out of flight form into travel form when you get into combat. Thats logical.