Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    There is no mention of sleep in the story, songing at any volume is annoying. Just another self entitled parent with no regard for other people.
    We have the word of a person that is obviously self entitled, hardly a reliable source
    Lol.

Nothing says entitled like singing to your Autistic kid on a crowded bus to keep them calm.

I.. I'm honestly surprised that anyone could be as foolish as you're being about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Do you even know what that means?
    Yes it is common courtesy to make no noise on public transport out of respect to all the other passengers. If you cannot do this please do nkt go on public transport,all you are doing is making others miserable.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Lol.

Nothing says entitled like singing to your Autistic kid on a crowded bus to keep them calm.

I.. I'm honestly surprised that anyone could be as foolish as you're being about this.
    A lot of people just don't have much empathy, unfortunately. Even the kid wasn't autistic...it's a kid. Keeping them calm on public transport isn't unusual and unlike, say, a guy sitting at the back of the bus with music blaring loudly through his headphones it actually serves a purpose.

Yes it is common courtesy to make no noise on public transport out of respect to all the other passengers. If you cannot do this please do nkt go on public transport,all you are doing is making others miserable.
    The selfishness of humans is astounding. *cough you cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    A lot of people just don't have much empathy, unfortunately. Even the kid wasn't autistic...it's a kid. Keeping them calm on public transport isn't unusual and unlike, say, a guy sitting at the back of the bus with music blaring loudly through his headphones it actually serves a purpose.
    Yeah. It just really stuck out to me this time.

Deleted
    Lol.

Maybe he doesn't know what the kid COULD do if the parents didn't sing him Peppa pig.
    Dun dududundun dududududundun

Deleted
    Yes poeple that make excessive noise on public transport should be evicted immediately
    you mean like that silamic guy who made a stink about pork noises? I agree, out with him.

Seriously, people these days make mountains out of molehills far too often.

You know what I do when someone talks loud enough on the phone that I hear it clearly on the other end of the train wagon? Turn up the volume of my mp3 player, that's what. maybe that guy should have brought one, too.

Also, the racist card is beginning to show wear and tear, it seems like everyone and their dog has one or more in their deck.

Lol.

Good god, this is public transport not a private car, people need to respect other passengers when on a bus
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2014-09-27 at 08:11 AM.

There is no mention of sleep in the story, songing at any volume is annoying. Just another self entitled parent with no regard for other people.
    We have the word of a person that is obviously self entitled, hardly a reliable source
    Ok Bearded one, time for a choice. Peppa pig or a crying child? Which is more to your liking? They're on a fucking bus, not in a cafe where they could just "step out".

Deleted
    Do you even know what it means to have an autistic kid?
    And even if he wasn't autistic, if singing a song to a baby makes you feel miserable, you already are miserable and it's you who should not get out in the public but probably stay confined in the boundaries of your own home.

The selfishness of humans is astounding. *cough you cough*

Yeah. It just really stuck out to me this time.
    You mean i am selfish for making zero noise having my phone on silent and never answering it. The only noise i ever make is when i ask someone excuse me to get past and thank them for letting me past. Not hard is it

Good god, tgis is public transport not a.private car, people need to respect other passengers when on a bus
    Take your own fucking advice.

They didn't do anything disrespectful. No one owes you total silence in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Ok Bearded one, time for a choice. Peppa pig or a crying child? Which is more to your liking? They're on a fucking bus, not in a cafe where they could just "step out".
    Neither don't go on the bus if you can only do it by making excessive noise

- - - Updated - - -

Take your own fucking advice.

They didn't do anything disrespectful. No one owes you total silence in public.
    Been quiet is the right thing to do when on a bus

Neither don't go on the bus if you can only do it by making excessive noise
    You have got to be fucking joking. Ok then, your face offends me, I am offended by your face. This is a public bus. Get off.

Get a grip.

Keeping a distressed child calm on a bus isn't the same as someone being deliberately disrespectful by screaming and shouting. Nor is 'don't get on the bus' an option since many parents have to take their children on public transport if they lack a car or need to go to a specific place.

You mean i am selfish for making zero noise having my phone on silent and never answering it. The only noise i ever make is when i ask someone excuse me to get past and thank them for letting me past. Not hard is it
    The selfishness is you expecting parents to not try and soothe their infant because the sound of their singing (whisper-quiet singing most likely if it's meant to soothe an upset baby) somehow upsets you so deeply. Would you prefer they do nothing and let the upset child began screaming and crying, something which will be much louder and ear-splitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Do you even know what it means to have an autistic kid?
    And even if he wasn't autistic, if singing a song to a baby makes you feel miserable, you already are miserable and it's you who should not get out in the public but probably stay confined in the boundaries of your own home.
    Yes i do, a couple down the street have one, they never catch the bus or train with him because its less stressful and easier for everyone to drive him

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    My youngest daughter loves Peppa Pig...

/shrug
    Tell me of someone who doesn't. It's actually funny.

And? That makes them exempt for common courtesy?
    No, it doesn't, but I'd go so far as to say the vast majority of the world understands that for kids with autism it's hard enough to get your head around what's going on at the best of times, never mind when you're 15 months old and barely know what's going on in the world period. Honestly, I can't believe anyone's comming out with this crap understanding we're talking about not only a toddler - which is already a difficult enough age in "normal" kids, but we're talking about someone with a severe problem which essentially skews their understanding of the world. I encounter kids on the spectrum on an almost daily basis, I have done almost every day of my working life, it's not easy to deal with that because for some of those kids the notion of "normal behavior" simply doesn't exist, they understand that certain things they can't do, but for the most part they're placated by certain things & by the sound of it this child's "trigger" is Peppa Pig. (for want of a better way of putting it!)

Personally I think there may be more to it than the papers are letting on (long enough in the tooth to understand the Daily Fail will almost certainly leave something out for their benefit) but ultimately if you take it at face value it's real bad. Can't help but get the feeling this is a typical Daily Fail "all muslims are bad" piece though, not like that should surprise anyone with two braincells!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    The selfishness is you expecting parents to not try and soothe their infant because the sound of their singing (whisper-quiet singing most likely if it's meant to soothe an upset baby) somehow upsets you so deeply. Would you prefer they do nothing and let the upset child began screaming and crying, something which will be much louder and ear-splitting?
    No i would much rather poeple wouldn't take them on public transport to begin with, my nanny never took me on public transport until i was old enough to keep quiet and calm for a whole trip

For some weird reason, people make a big deal over pigs and I don't know why. Definitely not racist. When people hate me they flat out hate me, no slyly snorting across the room.

As for noise on public stuff... I feel like people are very antisocial (among other things) and think too much about everyone hanging on every word they say, when in reality the other passenger don't care and will forget whatever was not relevant to their conversation when they get off the bus. Like when you trip and feel silly because people saw you, forgetting that when you see people trip you forget about it mere moments later and their "humility" is in fact not burned into your brain.