Deleted

6.0 Single target DPS (Elemental)

Just wondered if you guys have been on the training dummies on beta/ptr at all - if so, what kind of single target DPS were you pulling in your SoO gear? Jot down your item level for me too
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2014-09-27 at 10:03 AM.

On dummy self buffed around 15k on a 4 minute test without lust. 40% of my damage as mastery. 587 ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    On dummy self buffed around 15k on a 4 minute test without lust. 40% of my damage as mastery. 587 ilvl
    if thats the way it is then it sucks! 40% dmg from "passive" is meh :-(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoptam View Post
    The mastery isn't passive, you need to cast abilities for it to do damage, hence active.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoptam View Post
    At current mastery levels, roughly 20% of our damage is from mastery, and that mastery is just as passive as the new mastery.

The only reason it's 40% right now is because we have nearly 200% mastery in current gear, which means each tick hits harder than a lightning bolt. We have only 7.5% multistrike from gear, which is not ideal. Low Multistrike values reduce the number of lightning shield procs, thus reducing the amount of damage contributed by Earth Shock. Crit numbers are inflated, as all our spirit/hit gear (barring a few exceptions) now have it, which further boost mastery damage compared to Lava Burst.

Nobody is balanced around 6.0 numbers. You don't have the level 92-98 perks, nor the level 100 talent. At level 100, Tier 17 (normal, heroic, and mythic) you'll have roughly 115% mastery. As a result, it contributes to roughly 20% of our damage.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsen View Post
    At current mastery levels, roughly 20% of our damage is from mastery, and that mastery is just as passive as the new mastery.

The only reason it's 40% right now is because we have nearly 200% mastery in current gear, which means each tick hits harder than a lightning bolt. We have only 7.5% multistrike from gear, which is not ideal. Low Multistrike values reduce the number of lightning shield procs, thus reducing the amount of damage contributed by Earth Shock. Crit numbers are inflated, as all our spirit/hit gear (barring a few exceptions) now have it, which further boost mastery damage compared to Lava Burst.

Nobody is balanced around 6.0 numbers. You don't have the level 92-98 perks, nor the level 100 talent. At level 100, Tier 17 (normal, heroic, and mythic) you'll have roughly 115% mastery. As a result, it contributes to roughly 20% of our damage.
    lol... wrong on almost every account.

Current mastery is nowhere near as passive, any ability every 6 seconds is what u will do no matter how bad you are at the game. current mastery requires good play for max benefit. u need to actively play well instead of being an afk dipping bird on respective masteries.

New mastery will still grow into a monster even without mastery stacking, because it benefits from all the secondaries we dont have now.

They redid the gear, its not all crit now.

ur right about 6.0 balance (still it was stupid of blizz to not turn spirit / hit in to multistrike and versatility.

Deleted
    Anyone done any testing on beta and can tell us how competitive we will be on the leaderboards. In my personal opinion in MoP ele shamans started off strong but gradually became less valuable and couldnt pull off the numbers that other classes were capable of. I know it is a hybrid class but it falls slightly behind on damage compared to other hybrids. With hybrids getting little nerfs everywere does this mean a chance for our output to increase. I know people will stick to the hybrid part but enhancement is also capable of the same utility but it terms of damage at the end of MoP it put elemental to shame...sadly. So wondering were we will expect to be on the meters, having done some testing i have found that earthquake still may not be viable even with its buffs due to downtime, this may be debatable

Quote Originally Posted by toddy289 View Post
    having done some testing i have found that earthquake still may not be viable even with its buffs due to downtime, this may be debatable
    EQ does amazing damage on beta? A five stack Earthquake does wayy more damage than Chain Lightning.

Deleted
    If we could knock off the smack-talking about mastery and passive and all that shit and keep it to the other threads that would be delightful.

Anyway - I probably should have mentioned that atm I just want to know about level 90 damage, none of the perks etc. Just damage in your current gear in current content.

Also, I think they half fixed Echo of the Elements - it wasn't resetting the cooldown when used simultaneously with Lava Surge when I tested that out again. Earthquake still doesn't work though.
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2014-09-29 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    Also, I think they half fixed Echo of the Elements - it wasn't resetting the cooldown when used simultaneously with Lava Surge when I tested that out again. Earthquake still doesn't work though.
    what doesn't work with EQ?

Deleted
    Anyone got any thoughts on the 6.0 (not WOD) talent choices and rotation/priority list?

EotE still?
    Unleashed Fury Still?

Start using Unleash Flame even if you don't take Unlease Fury etc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    what doesn't work with EQ?
    When you place a second Earthquake, the first one stops dealing damage despite the animation continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    When you place a second Earthquake, the first one stops dealing damage despite the animation continuing.
    ah yes. well I think this is intended. I think Blizzard values the knockdown effect a lot and won't do any change to EQ that would allow us to spam EQ or fill a whole room with EQs. I mean a lot of shamans said the cast time and cd is why we dislike EQ but there was no change.
    you put it down and have to hope the targets stay in the area. and EotE is really nice here cause you can relocate it this way more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    ah yes. well I think this is intended. I think Blizzard values the knockdown effect a lot and won't do any change to EQ that would allow us to spam EQ or fill a whole room with EQs. I mean a lot of shamans said the cast time and cd is why we dislike EQ but there was no change.
    you put it down and have to hope the targets stay in the area. and EotE is really nice here cause you can relocate it this way more often.
    What? think about what u just said, the only time u can recast eq because of echo is RIGHT AFTER U CAST EQ... So did u deliberately put it in the wrong place ? is the tank running around like a madman ? it's not useful to cast back to back eq if they dont both function.

The damage i said above was for level 90?..

"On dummy self buffed around 15k on a 4 minute test without lust. 40% of my damage as mastery. 587 ilvl"

Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    What? think about what u just said, the only time u can recast eq because of echo is RIGHT AFTER U CAST EQ... So did u deliberately put it in the wrong place ? is the tank running around like a madman ? it's not useful to cast back to back eq if they dont both function.

The damage i said above was for level 90?..

"On dummy self buffed around 15k on a 4 minute test without lust. 40% of my damage as mastery. 587 ilvl"
    all I can say is while I was testing eq on dummies eote proced like hell with my lvl 90 copied char. also all eote procs you get while cl spam you can't use on lvb so you always sit on them anyway.
    your argument "o did u deliberately put it in the wrong place ? is the tank running around like a madman ?" might be valid but exactly this is the reason why a lot of people dislike eq. sometimes the tank does move out of the effect and don't forget you need some count of ticks to justify it's cast. else you would have made more damage spamming cl.

on the other side if each eq could deal damage I can fill a whole area with eq. like I sad eote was procing like hell for me so I could have placed 3-4 eqs.

by the way does anybody knows how flamestrike mechanic is working here? with perk the cd is gone so thex can place multiple flamestrikes too
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-09-30 at 06:08 AM.

Deleted
    Echo doesn't reset the cooldown of Earthquake though, so the only time you'd be able to have more than two up is if your first Echo Quake procs another Echo, and that rarely happened for me because it uses the RPPM system.

Good thought on Flamestrike though, I'll check that out when I finish work if nobody else has done by then.

I also found this from Celestalon:

Originally Posted by Celestalon
    Yes, it's primarily for Lava Burst (single target) and Earthquake (AoE) in PvE. We tried having it on several other abilities, but the downsides outweighed the upsides, we found (ie, you accidentally use it on Earth Shock, when you wanted to use it on Lava Burst).
    Given that the knock-down is not a thing we'll likely find useful in PvE, I really have to draw the conclusion that additional Earthquakes should deal damage.

- - - Updated - - -

I've just done some more testing on the beta and can confirm that the knock-down effect of the first Earthquake doesn't even occur when there's a second Earthquake up. Definitely not working as intended as it does no damage and no knock-down - it's just an animation with nothing tied to it.
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2014-09-30 at 02:48 PM.